Forums

Live Server Maintenance: Wednesday, October 2, 2019

Hime

People macro/bot with their own farming party simply kill the game and the social aspect of it.

Players who have 1 or 2 toon cant play at all. They cant farm in own farming party and there is no party to join for instance.

Ncsoft should really boost up the Xp for instance. XPs gain in areas like EV is too high thus making instance like CC/BAYLOR a waste of time.

• Like 1

Thx 

The client limit restriction has been changed to 3 clients per PC.

You can win this battle. With new craft system and drop mechanics and account limits. Dont stop fight for my money. I even agree with l2store events every day.

5 minutes ago, kouto10 said:

What I'm finding funny is that you haven't noticed that these new players need at least 5 boxes to play. And I have friends in the game who don't have a good computer to run a virtual machine!
I play perfectly without affecting my 3 box game at all, but I am not selfish to think only of myself, I want everyone to play and have fun like this I do, so I think the best and leave with a minimum of fur minus 5 box.

And i do find funny that you still believe a PC can run 5 L2 clients but cannot run virtual software..

I can also play with 7 clients but i am not that selfish to think only about myself and leave other people who just want to play with 1 character, waiting in queues, lagging or not able to complete quests because of the huge bot armies..

Wow! Back to 3 client.

Finally the game is finding back it's balance. At least now we can see more parties in the making. Be it open field hunt or instance.

Since the Un-limited client, the servers is as good as dead.

Great Job NCSOFT!

Edited by FeohInCH

17 minutes ago, FeohInCH said:

Wow! Back to 3 client.

Finally the game is finding back it's balance. At least now we can see more parties in the making. Be it open field hunt or instance.

Since the Un-limited client, the servers is as good as dead.

Great Job NCSOFT!

and suddenly you wake up because you hit your head at the nightstand

>:(I disagree with the 3 client restriction. Makes most players happy leveling their own parties. Besides, the mobs at higher levels are too hard to kill even with full parties.

NCSoft needs a reality check to get this game on track. Greed and Hard Hearted tactics trying to implement their new systems is going to crash this game for good someday. good luck 

18 minutes ago, TribalChief said:

>:(I disagree with the 3 client restriction. Makes most players happy leveling their own parties. Besides, the mobs at higher levels are too hard to kill even with full parties.

NCSoft needs a reality check to get this game on track. Greed and Hard Hearted tactics trying to implement their new systems is going to crash this game for good someday. good luck 

i have low geared armor +8 tw set and farm drop on silence with my othell + iss, but agree your message, we need at least 4 client for instance.

Ppl that say HURRAY 3 client limit is back, either they dont understand anything about tech or they are just 100% ignorant about the game and tech... 

you can run either a virtual machine or a sandbox or even MULTIPLE computers...

15 hours ago, Hime said:
  • The client limit restriction has been changed to 3 clients per PC.

Why do you keep changing things without any heads-up to the player community???? Every maintenance you turn things upside down. At least let us know if this is permanent.

I'm ok with 3,4,7 or whatever restriction, but it would be nice to know what is coming so I can adjust my strategy accordingly.

Seriously, I know I'm repeating myself, but the communication management here is worse than horrible.

11 hours ago, Argus said:

every evening a queue, every evening lag .. 3 clients is good enough it will fix the queue for sure, 3 clients was good for all for many years

if servers are stable they will probably increase the multybox again 

if you are so addicted to boxing a full party, you should probably buy another pc :)  

Actually, from a technical point of view, professional development teams make scalable systems, they do not limit the number os customers... it is no sense :/

So you mean that, if our player population increases 7 times (it would be really amazing) thus the server would not handle that new  players? -1 for it

Queues, account limit, bandwidth limit, feature limit and so on are workarounds that should be temporary and emergencial, but not permanent.

Edited by ShakaProphet

Finally back to 3 clients per PC! This is the same limit we have had for years. It is the same limit as in Korea. And it is perfectly fine.

L2 is an MMO, not a single player game. We don't need more macro bots on the server, we need live people that play the game. Disband auto macro or limit it to 2-3 hours a day and it would be perfect. People would be able to find parties again. Millenials, kids, and other ppl with no attention span can go play fortnite or something.

mission failed, already noticing random sporadic small delays where you see shots used a short wait and then fight again, even if small they are obvious.

sorry to say NCSoft but it looks like your trying to do surgery with a shotgun...

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Cothilian said:

Finally back to 3 clients per PC! This is the same limit we have had for years. It is the same limit as in Korea. And it is perfectly fine.

L2 is an MMO, not a single player game. We don't need more macro bots on the server, we need live people that play the game. Disband auto macro or limit it to 2-3 hours a day and it would be perfect. People would be able to find parties again. Millenials, kids, and other ppl with no attention span can go play fortnite or something.

why not advance 1 client limitation :D we dont need 2 or 3, just 1 :) for you ok, you probable solo everywhere with 1 iss, so make every1 cry no more iss box no more avoid low geared toon, perfect advice for you also cry

Edited by KissMyKnife

Hi

@Juji 3 client was and is best for server life. Fighting bots is hard job for long time. Bots were, are and will be. Makro system have been help for player that have not a lot time and can farm afk or semi-afk. L2 is online game, and all online games are cooperative games with small or biger groups composed by active players. Introducing makro system and 7 client erase cooperative part of game, even in old CP parties cooperative parts of game are reduced. 3 clients give chance to normal player find dailies parties and have some fun. Farming people will make small groups (2-3 players) what is better like novadays situation where big amount of players do all alone, on makro. I thinking lot of time about that people. Why they play online game solo? What the reason? Reason is 90% not progress, to achieve higher lvl.Why for GOD they play solo here, if todays on market exist several nice single players game, on newest engine, with good story and cheap!!! Because are bots and adena seller? Big part of it for sure yes. Therefore i vote for permanent 3 client as at old times. 

and PS: No offence but L2 on NCwest novadays reminds cell phone, single players, cash promo games. We play solo, authomatic, and we pay for it in all promos. So think about it and make right decision to rebuild game back to online, cooperative, RPG game for all players (all ages, genders, with or without big wallets.

Thanks

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Uriel831 said:

permanent 3 client as at old times. 

When I started playing L2 back in 2006, you could load as many accounts on a PC as you were able to run and pay monthly for. Even back then I was running 5 clients all the time. My archer main, my Prophet and a healer for solo exp and having two shops in town to sell the drops. Only until a few years ago, having 7 accounts online was not a problem. The servers went free to play, cheap and badly programmed bot programs (like the Tower one) reigned supreme and NCSoft took the easy way out; limit clients to 3 per pc, so only the very experienced bot train owners were able to run bots (they had to tools, means etc. to run game without the client and have one PC running 70-100 chars at a time).

With the auto hunt system clans are dying, party matching is dead and unless you have a solid constant party that is there every single day you won't play at all if they are offline. You cannot find a tank, healer, buffer or even solid (well geared, in right level range) DD. People have been using the auto hunt system and recent exp events to level up their characters so they can exp, because players being 110+ is what NCSoft wants us to be (all content coming to us the 16th of October is aimed at 110+, all content in January for 112+). But you cannot make 110+ on your own, or with a constant party unless you load all characters yourself. The game, with the last update, been designed and made for auto hunting and having a 3 client limit complete disables that.

I have not had a similar L2 experience as the to the one 13 years ago until they unlocked the client limit to 7 (and above) again. Able to log in characters at will, not having to log off an entire shop just to log in a buffer for something stupid like Tavern. The game was perfectly fine with everybody able to log their own party.

Edited by Shoppy

15 minutes ago, Uriel831 said:

Hi

@Juji 3 client was and is best for server life. Fighting bots is hard job for long time. Bots were, are and will be. Makro system have been help for player that have not a lot time and can farm afk or semi-afk. L2 is online game, and all online games are cooperative games with small or biger groups composed by active players. Introducing makro system and 7 client erase cooperative part of game, even in old CP parties cooperative parts of game are reduced. 3 clients give chance to normal player find dailies parties and have some fun. Farming people will make small groups (2-3 players) what is better like novadays situation where big amount of players do all alone, on makro. I thinking lot of time about that people. Why they play online game solo? What the reason? Reason is 90% not progress, to achieve higher lvl.Why for GOD they play solo here, if todays on market exist several nice single players game, on newest engine, with good story and cheap!!! Because are bots and adena seller? Big part of it for sure yes. Therefore i vote for permanent 3 client as at old times. 

and PS: No offence but L2 on NCwest novadays reminds cell phone, single players, cash promo games. We play solo, authomatic, and we pay for it in all promos. So think about it and make right decision to rebuild game back to online, cooperative, RPG game for all players (all ages, genders, with or without big wallets.

Thanks

when i read similar message like yours, always wondering, where they see bots, and even if we have 3 client limitation, still they dominate all spot, they use servers to log huge number of clients, this limitation will not affect, they probable use virtual machine. max if ncwest limit account to 1, then they probable stop farming, 3 its heaven

Im gona say it coz I see we all avoid talking about that:

YES its true, bots will be here even with limitation!
YES its true, ppl with good computer skills will still create virtual machines to play more then 3 toons!-be advice, using this its against AULA yet I didnt saw anyone banned for this.
But hell, we were dealing with those for years and we didnt had sooo many problems like now.

YES its true, with 3 client limitation we get rid of tones of toons macroplayed from poor harware.
YES its true, with 3 client limitation we get rid of "those scumbags" who think they can compete with regular spenders or players with know how.
YES its true, with 3 client limitation we get rid of "those scumbags" who dont have money,skills and not even extensive knowledge about L2.
YES its true, with 3 client limitation we get rid of ppl without common sense who put their macroparty on your spot even there are dozen free nearby.
For all those problems, speaking for my self, i really cant deal...I want to see all of them gone.
They have only one fear...PK. So I lost count...and im only at the begining.

My message is: You with your parties of macrobot dont bring anything good in game, only bad things. You are new? learn all classes, learn all about L2 and if you want to keep up with old players then pull your visacard.