Live Server Maintenance: Wednesday, October 2, 2019

Hime

I ask myself if complainers that say "good party times should be back" are composed by:

• People that never drop a cake for the party
  • People with no occupation who can stay for hoooooours waiting to complete a party... it includes teenagers who have a lot of dummy time.
  • Support classes who believe that DD players should afford their game... like children that say "my parents should pay my bills, i'm a victim".

Some more truths about l2:

• N-account limit isn't related to botting, the botters will continue working normally... are you surprised? Ohhhhhhh :( 
  • People will continue duo or solo in areas like Tanor, and they will continue far away from party matching.
  • Adults who work during the day (or night) have little time to play. They are the ones who have money to afford the high prices of this pay2win game ...
  • Do you really believe that a game that decreases XP as party size increases is a social / group game? I don't agree ... Games like D3 increase XP as pt size increases, it is a real group / social game.
  • Korean servers have no account limit, it was posted some time ago in the official Weekly Update Log at https://lineage2.plaync.com/board/l2awknupdate/list.
  • Queues, account limit and other restrictions are workarounds for this legacy game that can't scale to higher demands ... imagine modern online systems like Google Search displaying a message to you: "you can't query now because there are too many users logged in Google, please come back later" It is a shame...

Based on other successful online RPG and MMORPG games, I agree that solo play should exist, be possible and good, while pt farming should exist as a more efficient alternative. But not all people have time to waste waiting for PTs or not all people have good social skills to develop an efficient gaming friendship network and enjoy the game.

Edited by ShakaDeVirgem
  • Like 4

8 hours ago, TheThrax said:

Im gona say it coz I see we all avoid talking about that:

YES its true, bots will be here even with limitation!
YES its true, ppl with good computer skills will still create virtual machines to play more then 3 toons!-be advice, using this its against AULA yet I didnt saw anyone banned for this.
But hell, we were dealing with those for years and we didnt had sooo many problems like now.

YES its true, with 3 client limitation we get rid of tones of toons macroplayed from poor harware.
YES its true, with 3 client limitation we get rid of "those scumbags" who think they can compete with regular spenders or players with know how.
YES its true, with 3 client limitation we get rid of "those scumbags" who dont have money,skills and not even extensive knowledge about L2.
YES its true, with 3 client limitation we get rid of ppl without common sense who put their macroparty on your spot even there are dozen free nearby.
For all those problems, speaking for my self, i really cant deal...I want to see all of them gone.
They have only one fear...PK. So I lost count...and im only at the begining.

My message is: You with your parties of macrobot dont bring anything good in game, only bad things. You are new? learn all classes, learn all about L2 and if you want to keep up with old players then pull your visacard.

For sure bots will not go away, NCWest knows it's a lost fight because the owners of those bots can cover up the money trail in so many ways that they can't track who is behind it.

About virtual machines, i have asked the GM's about this long time ago after seeing a few youtube video from top players and wondering if i would be allowed to do so myself.
It is actually allowed as long you do not perform any modifications to the client to make it work, they just will not give any support if the client wont run in that environment for any reason or if unexpected problems occur.

3 client limitation does not really get rid of the problem at all, people can still put a single well geared toon in a spot with pots and another 2 in another spot (or 2 other spots with pots as well).

Most of those spenders only spend to sell store promotion items on the market, without anyone to buy those who do they turn to?

About the money, skills and knowledge i guess everyone had to start somewhere and get better at the game, now they just spam toons till the problem is "solved" which is another way to solve the problem but not a very good one.

Actually very few full afk macro'ers even attempted after a good solid PK spree, they just care for the xp but they also care to not be dead 100% of the time when they aren't at the screen at least the most sensible ones.
The actual problem are the insane players who just start on your spot for no good reason when there are 3 or more spots nearby completely free.
They look for confrontation and get butt hurt and call their friends, clan, ally etc when their action brought consequences in the form of a PK.
I've actually convinced a few of those to not support them and their actions due to this simple fact, even got a apology out of a few in fear of having their entire clan's afk macro'ing disrupted for a long time.

There are people who do macro but don't do it at the cost of others and who actually sit at the pc even while playing other, more entertaining games.
Small simple things that kinda keep the game going for some after the feeling it's been heading downhill fast since NCStore P2W era.
It's all about morals down the line.

Also my own take on this change to limit it back to 3 clients max:

@Hime @Juji
At least consider the option of making it 4 so 2 pc's can run a party so anyone who can run a party can at least do their thing without having to work around it with yet another computer to maintain.

To get things going i often find myself bringing a entire party to get things going solely because few people are still interested and i like to keep things going for the rest who still are interested.
Instead of the alternative option of leaving them hanging with no interesting activities and just 24x7 macro which will not retain many people at all.
I have already seen former big clans and alliances collapse into nothing but a hand full of people due to being bored and not just wanting a afk macro grind game with no interesting activities whatsoever.

1 hour ago, PunishExploiters said:

"I have already seen former big clans and alliances collapse into nothing..."

Maybe you will be surprised... But GM's not must to be sad  if some "BIG" clans go in collapse. In my 15y experience in L2 - "TOP" clan = scammers.  Mostly top clans have leader and he have 2-3 friends - 99% most important drop (from RB) going to leader and some friends. The same was with DH, the same now with IMAXX, and the same with other clans who was some period in TOP. Not just here - in all servers the same sistem. Practically can say - all clan (and ally) working that just some "elite" people want get TOP items. But here also exist 1 important  - approx all they are RTM. So all clan and ally - making salary for "elite" people... And 99% reason why top clans go in collapse - "bad" updates - and "elite" cant get "profit" - so they just outs from server - and selling items for $. And searching new server - where no strong "elite" people and can dominate. ----> All the time was like this.

25 minutes ago, FeohInCH said:

Well, after the change.

Clearly you see more parties setting up. Which is a good sign.

If really need to, maybe NCSOFT can balance up the max client. Max 4 toon should be good enuf.

post a photo with more than 2-3 usuall instances and 1-2 refinery for exalted 80k mobs

and then we talk again

edit: 99.9% are WTS-WTB

Edited by XianLi

excuse me, but where are you dear GMs? 5 pages of conversion in this topic, lot of questions and no reaction and no answer from your side? Where is communication with your customers? This is ridiculous...

Edited by Ivvy
  • Like 2

This 3 client limitation its such a bullshit. Bots are still boting and normal players cant setup their own party to farm some miserable adena.

The game atm doesnt drop any adena at all so we are forced to farm some instances to get few adena at the end of the day.

With this client limit players with a single PC cant farm anymore that instances because they are set to enter with a full party or even 2 full parties.

I talk for myself because i only have 1 PC to play with. Some people want the limit to be 4 because they have 2 PCs so they can be able to log in a full pt for instances.

Today i see the server in the morning with "Normal" activity so i guess at evening we will have again "Heavy" server activity. This means bots are still boting and ur just killing the fun from normal players.

If u want to fix the server like this, either put client limit set to 1 account per PC and increase the adena and item drops or, open the server limit account to 7 or 14 and limit the account limit per IP to max lets say about 28.

ATM this is a joke!!! Aden still full of sellers and buyers bots and lag still goes on.

Bots still logging more then 100 chars. Start the banhammer permanently for ppl that violate the EULA and cut the crap already @Juji.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, XianLi said:

post a photo with more than 2-3 usuall instances and 1-2 refinery for exalted 80k mobs

and then we talk again

edit: 99.9% are WTS-WTB

Maybe for asocial people hard to understand... But most we have friends, talking in game, in clan or discord for example - and finding people for pt. Party maching - it's just last way to find pt. No 1 not want go with "randoms" - which don't know what to do in pt, not have items or etc.

52 minutes ago, Ambicija said:

Maybe for asocial people hard to understand... But most we have friends, talking in game, in clan or discord for example - and finding people for pt. Party maching - it's just last way to find pt. No 1 not want go with "randoms" - which don't know what to do in pt, not have items or etc.

where was those "friends" when 7 client limit was active?

58 minutes ago, Ambicija said:

magla u dont have friends. dont pretend LOL

Gentlemen comedy administrators,
When will they work to ban the BOTS Or stop this 3 screen shit and leave 7 screens again for normal people to play their tauti / octavis / istina instances among others alone.
For I see in Aden more than 300 summoner bots.
Great crap you do but don't solve the real problems of the game.
BUG Akamanah / zariche a lot of joke.
Clan RMT's naia a lot.
Server Full BOT

and will do a shit to put 3 screen back? for what?

2 hours ago, Spirrow said:

Gentlemen comedy administrators,
When will they work to ban the BOTS Or stop this 3 screen shit and leave 7 screens again for normal people to play their tauti / octavis / istina instances among others alone.
For I see in Aden more than 300 summoner bots.
Great crap you do but don't solve the real problems of the game.
BUG Akamanah / zariche a lot of joke.
Clan RMT's naia a lot.
Server Full BOT

and will do a shit to put 3 screen back? for what?

The 3 client limit is a blessing and you guys need to stop cry about it.

The server is light now and it makes me happy. No more characters with 1 t/m 30+ in their name farming for quest rewards in many XP spots.

The more players cry about the client limit, only tells me it's working great and ncwest did a very good job.

If you like to farm adena kill mobs, join clan or create a party but macro 24/7 and creating 1000 toons isn't one of them.

Edited by Syndra
typo

I take a time reading all comments and i will say to you cryers about limit per pc.

Go and play another game if you dont want a play L2 without your 7 acc in 1 pc afk/macro farming 24/7.

Oh, Oh, you should go to L2 EU server and cry about limit, because in EU server you have to pay with REAL MONEY for log in a 2nd account ;) If you hate so much NCSoft West and Lineage2 NA server, well, come, I invite you to play in eu server.

Should NA servers add a pay method that bring you to log in a 2nd or 3rd acc? =)

This is an MMO game, do you know what its means? i will tell you.. MASSIVE MULTIPLAYER ONLINE. NOT a Single player game.

THANKS NC west for the 3 acc limit again.

The desired effect of reapplying 3 clients limit -> People logging 3 accounts max instead of 7

The actual effect of reapplying 3 clients -> People logging 0 accounts.

For the cry babies complaining about no Baylor/CC/K99: Nobody make parties for that anymore as it is easy to reach 105 now and the rewards are useless if you do it on random groups. You think your random rune stone that you sell for 80m tree times per month will help you get somewhere? 
And nobody have properly equipped toons for making high lvl instances on their own. Macros dont cut it as they are way more complex than standing and hitting.
The ones who crying are the ones who are high and bad geared that cant get accepted on parties for the instances of their level.
Those groups were always available, even with no client limit.

Get real, nobody goes with your tale of no party matching cause of many clients allowed.

Really 3 acc per PC is the right way? Current time is 18:17 GMT+2 and partymatching shows 1x AF 600, 1x Balok and rest are adena sellers and another shops. I dont care if it will be limited to 3 accounts, but it hurts that NCWEST isnt able to define exactly whether this state is temporary or persisted. 

On 02/10/2019 at 4:53 PM, TheThrax said:

Im gona say it coz I see we all avoid talking about that:

YES its true, bots will be here even with limitation!
YES its true, ppl with good computer skills will still create virtual machines to play more then 3 toons!-be advice, using this its against AULA yet I didnt saw anyone banned for this.
But hell, we were dealing with those for years and we didnt had sooo many problems like now.

YES its true, with 3 client limitation we get rid of tones of toons macroplayed from poor harware.
YES its true, with 3 client limitation we get rid of "those scumbags" who think they can compete with regular spenders or players with know how.
YES its true, with 3 client limitation we get rid of "those scumbags" who dont have money,skills and not even extensive knowledge about L2.
YES its true, with 3 client limitation we get rid of ppl without common sense who put their macroparty on your spot even there are dozen free nearby.
For all those problems, speaking for my self, i really cant deal...I want to see all of them gone.
They have only one fear...PK. So I lost count...and im only at the begining.

My message is: You with your parties of macrobot dont bring anything good in game, only bad things. You are new? learn all classes, learn all about L2 and if you want to keep up with old players then pull your visacard.

New players can't do nothing if they don't have 6 boxes. U need gear to farm solo in lvl 100+. So new players are not welcome for you?

12 hours ago, XianLi said:

where was those "friends" when 7 client limit was active?

3 of my frens who already spent more than $3-4K, left after the Un-Limited client. They dun see the point of paying USD$100-USD$200 to get Rune and Promo items for such an old games.

In the end not getting/finding any parties to clear daily quest. Just not everyone willing to spend the time and effort to macro a whole party. Many working adult just log in play to destress and log out.

On 10/2/2019 at 6:21 PM, Helvie said:

Why do you keep changing things without any heads-up to the player community???? Every maintenance you turn things upside down. At least let us know if this is permanent.

I'm ok with 3,4,7 or whatever restriction, but it would be nice to know what is coming so I can adjust my strategy accordingly.

Seriously, I know I'm repeating myself, but the communication management here is worse than horrible.

Soooo... we have 6 pages of posts, players are confused and no one from NC Soft bothers to respond?

- What is the reason for the client restriction?

- Is the client restriction permanent or temporary?

- Why can't you notify players in advance about high-impact changes so that we can prepare for what is coming? The lack of respect from your end says a lot about the future of this game.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Helvie said:

Soooo... we have 6 pages of posts, players are confused and no one from NC Soft bothers to respond?

- What is the reason for the client restriction?

- Is the client restriction permanent or temporary?

- Why can't you notify players in advance about high-impact changes so that we can prepare for what is coming? The lack of respect from your end says a lot about the future of this game.

I agree with this.. We deserve an answer from the NC team.. 

16 hours ago, Eduardo99 said:

New players can't do nothing if they don't have 6 boxes. U need gear to farm solo in lvl 100+. So new players are not welcome for you?

new players are always welkome as long as they understand:
-what common sense mean,
-pay their fair share of money
-dont log 51 chars coz "they cant farm 100+ otherwise"
-dont abuse/exploit game features
This is valid for all players!

I realize now its NcSoft fault, those freebe Paulina sets and weapon was a terrible mistake.... I if they wont give it for free we would not have this conversation!

31 minutes ago, TheThrax said:

new players are always welkome as long as they understand:
-what common sense mean,
-pay their fair share of money
-dont log 51 chars coz "they cant farm 100+ otherwise"
-dont abuse/exploit game features
This is valid for all players!

I realize now its NcSoft fault, those freebe Paulina sets and weapon was a terrible mistake.... I if they wont give it for free we would not have this conversation!

You all say 'pay to win'. And me if you don't want to spend 1 dollar on the game. I have no right to have fun? Anyway, I'd even be happy if it were just 3 clients, AS long as the game was stable and there was no RANDOM DISCONNECT! Maybe I would even spend a little money...