proof that limiting 3 clients per pc will no resolve anything

spid0rc

I might have missed something, but I've not seen any justification for the 3-client limit from GMs, so you do not know if making the game more social was the reason. I'd assume it has more to do with the server performance and the login queue. But we'll never know, since GMs just keep throwing things upside down every maintenance with no heads-up and no explanation to the player community. We do not even know if this change is permanent, or only for one week since no one from GMs bothered to reply to our posts.

Communication and community management at its finest!

3 PC limit is not about increase sociability. It is all about solving problem of server lags. It is temporary solution, until devs comes to understanding what's going on on their part. As it was before limited mob respawn in some locations, queues, and etc.

You are all big boys. are you? Capitalism(company as its kind) has only one reason to make anythings alive and it is getting money. Not those moneys of yours but theirs moneys with 6 zeroes after one. Remember it always you go to the big daddy. Thats why we all love NCsoft and 3-pc limit:x

Edited by FTBs

On 10/3/2019 at 4:17 AM, spid0rc said:

i will post some pic's of party mach window so GM'S don't have more this excuse to say that 3 clients will make game more social, stop the bot's, rmt's and such.

partymach day1 10pm gmt-3

I am just curious ...

Could you post some pics with your parties, boxes before limitation too? I wanna see how many spots  were "taken" for weeks by your boxes. 

On 10/3/2019 at 4:17 AM, spid0rc said:

i will post some pic's of party mach window so GM'S don't have more this excuse to say that 3 clients will make game more social, stop the bot's, rmt's and such.

partymach day1 10pm gmt-3

Party mach window are empty because instances are useless now: low exp and low drops. If you farm same time anywhere can get much more exp than making even a hard instance like Etina or Krofin.

The more objects are in the game, the more processing power is required from the unit (computer/server)running it. So, low lvl mobs (lvls 1 through 80 )starting from keltirs in dark elf village, and finishing with ketra/varka mobs are vaste of processing resources. do we need them?

Server configuration, and hardware specifications are responsible (partially) for number of possible to maintain connections, and therefore are setting limits for the maximum number of active players. But this information is available for the IT engineers, so should be no problems with this part, unless that number is unknown to them.

Mentioned above computing power is influencing as well and number of connections maintained, but let's not go to deep into technical details (there are many ways to manage them in order to optimize use of computing power).

Synchronization of the events is the biggest challenge to the programmers, because different ping time to the players on the same area (including one party members) requires server to communicate with other active player characters depending on the player with biggest delay (ping).

So decision to compress all players in few locations is the most influential towards so called "lag". You always can check how global is lag, by moving to less populated area of the sever.

And as long as multiple characters run from same computer shares same ping, they have no more influence as if one character is operational (mostly).

That was only share of opinion, and is not intended to start a discussion.

Hmm where is GM logic?

There are programs which allow to use unlimited number of accounts on one pc.... So.. botters will have it anyway... so maybe move you ass and try to stop boots.. I know it hurts you are loseing money because these boters are makign adena and selling cheaper to players.. 

THAT IS WHY YOU MAKE LIMIT TO 3 ACCOUNTS BECAUSE TO STOP NORMAL PLAYERS AGAINST DOING ADENA BY THEMSELF BECAUSE YOUR INCOMES DECREDED?

I am sure that is the problem INCOMES!! Lags are fixed long time ago...