INVASION OF BOTS

Reider

Hello gentlemen, satisfaction be here this night.

Im here to ask for the GMs to investigate the adena sellers bots, they are in towns announcing everytime in normal chat and in PMs the adena sale.

I also ask for GMs to investigate the bots in dimensional rift 100, strange characteres with strange names, riding in his mounts and going to make the rift quest, all syncronized, like a clock. Its very strange.

Thanks all by attention.

• Like 1

Just curious, why do people care about adena sellers advertising in town? i mean it does kinda spam up the world chat but it seems like the chat is kinda spammy anyway?

I guess while im on the subject, everyone complains about the game being pay to win and stuff like that... i see prices in auction for items needed in game to be able to even hunt xp after level 100 costs many billions of Adena. i even hear that some top level players have $20k real dollars invested in their toons.

Players are either farming macro or spending entire real lives playing the game to get the adena needed to function in game at high level. the only chance a casual player would have of being able to play end game content or even just higher level content would be to have a way to come up with some Adena that they normally would not be able to get in game.

I feel like adena sellers are going to be here to stay and are a function of the economy. like illegal drugs, as long as there is a demand for the product supply will always find a way.

My opinion, and i will state that i am a complete noob and have no toons over 100 yet, but my opinion is that if you want to end illegal Adena sellers, NC Soft should just sell Adena in store. straight up. just like governments making drugs legal it sucks the economy away from the illegal sellers. it would be a safer sale then using the creepy adena seller sites, NC Soft has your ccard info you are already buying stuff the the L2 store anyway.

A long time ago when i played the game the highest level was 75, i was a DA Tank. there were not many actual bots ingame and definitely no macros. what we did have was what we called (Chinese Farmers) at the time... they were toons played 24/7 around the clock by Chinese players that worked for a company that sold Adena online. Everyone hated the Chinese farmers, players would PK them all the time but they didnt actually care about getting PK.. they would rez brush it off and keep playing.. they never had good gear or anything worth dropping, oh yeah you dropped stuff when killed back then. i learned about them by joining there party at night when i could not find an xp party to join. i found out they are just players working for a company and it was their job. Literally poor Chinese kids making pennies a day to work for a company or person that could afford internet, some computers, and a website to sell the spoils.

Things have obviously changed now but my point is, as long as Adena is a commodity in the game, there will be a market for it. as long as there is a market, someone will supply it.

Im not sure what can be done about it other than NC Soft taking the market over directly.

I do know one thing, if Adena sellers in the game bothers you, you are going to have a bad time with this game.

Anyway, maybe because im a noob i do not see the whole picture? Maybe forget i said anything.

47 minutes ago, degamad said:

Just curious, why do people care about adena sellers advertising in town? i mean it does kinda spam up the world chat but it seems like the chat is kinda spammy anyway?

I guess while im on the subject, everyone complains about the game being pay to win and stuff like that... i see prices in auction for items needed in game to be able to even hunt xp after level 100 costs many billions of Adena. i even hear that some top level players have $20k real dollars invested in their toons.

Players are either farming macro or spending entire real lives playing the game to get the adena needed to function in game at high level. the only chance a casual player would have of being able to play end game content or even just higher level content would be to have a way to come up with some Adena that they normally would not be able to get in game.

I feel like adena sellers are going to be here to stay and are a function of the economy. like illegal drugs, as long as there is a demand for the product supply will always find a way.

My opinion, and i will state that i am a complete noob and have no toons over 100 yet, but my opinion is that if you want to end illegal Adena sellers, NC Soft should just sell Adena in store. straight up. just like governments making drugs legal it sucks the economy away from the illegal sellers. it would be a safer sale then using the creepy adena seller sites, NC Soft has your ccard info you are already buying stuff the the L2 store anyway.

A long time ago when i played the game the highest level was 75, i was a DA Tank. there were not many actual bots ingame and definitely no macros. what we did have was what we called (Chinese Farmers) at the time... they were toons played 24/7 around the clock by Chinese players that worked for a company that sold Adena online. Everyone hated the Chinese farmers, players would PK them all the time but they didnt actually care about getting PK.. they would rez brush it off and keep playing.. they never had good gear or anything worth dropping, oh yeah you dropped stuff when killed back then. i learned about them by joining there party at night when i could not find an xp party to join. i found out they are just players working for a company and it was their job. Literally poor Chinese kids making pennies a day to work for a company or person that could afford internet, some computers, and a website to sell the spoils.

Things have obviously changed now but my point is, as long as Adena is a commodity in the game, there will be a market for it. as long as there is a market, someone will supply it.

Im not sure what can be done about it other than NC Soft taking the market over directly.

I do know one thing, if Adena sellers in the game bothers you, you are going to have a bad time with this game.

Anyway, maybe because im a noob i do not see the whole picture? Maybe forget i said anything.

Hello.

If the adena sale is prohibited in the game rules, so no matter what the players think;
If bots are prohibited in the game rules, so no matter what the players think;

The NC has to execute the rules.

Drugs are illegal. does it stop the sale?

the problem is supply and demand.

i totally understand your point. NC Soft can boot adna sellers everyday all day and still not stop them, the sellers will find new and smarter ways to sell adena. 

the only way NC Soft can stop the illegal sell of adena is to make it legal and sell it exclusively in the L2 Store. taking over the market.

instantly there will be no market for illegal adena sellers.

thats my point.

they already sell "adena" in L2Store... every single event, there is people getting adena. 

these adena sellers exist because they sell cheaper than people can  ge from l2store. 

if L2store start selling real adena, not itens, these sellers just need to keep selling cheaper than there, will change nothing

1 hour ago, yous said:

they already sell "adena" in L2Store... every single event, there is people getting adena. 

these adena sellers exist because they sell cheaper than people can  ge from l2store. 

if L2store start selling real adena, not itens, these sellers just need to keep selling cheaper than there, will change nothing

Well im all for cheaper Adena B|

• Haha 1