OMG BOTS BOTS EVERYWHERE

degamad

Sorry for the clickbait title but seriously i am getting confused by all the "BOTS BOTS NC Soft get rid of BOTS" talk.

How can i tell the difference between a BOT and a player on auto macro who has fallen asleep or not paying attention to their toons?

I know hunting areas are crowded and tempers flare. i think that NC Soft could open up the low level (under lvl 85) hunting areas for higher level (85+) that would help alot.

if you always have a place to stake your claim and get XP who cares who thinks anyone is a BOT?

Also if you come across a spot you want to hunt and its camped by "BOTS", why cant you just kill them and take the spot?

If i set my toon up on macro to hunt and i go to sleep, am i then considered a bot? i do that alot. i dont care what happens to my toon its just a gamble to see what xp i got during the night.

is that not allowed? am i the problem? should i quit the game because i only have about 1 hour per night to actually play?

i definitely would like some clarification of what is good and what is not good way to play the game.

are all my level 100 and under toons hurting you in any way? Honestly i think with only one hour per night to play none of my toons will be over 101 before i get bored and quit anyway unless i see some other cool places to get xp.

as for now im bored of Alter of evil bloody swamo and blazing swamp.

5 minutes ago, degamad said:

what is RMT?

Real Money Trader,

6 minutes ago, degamad said:

OMG ... i have seen those... i always wondered.

how do they do that? and why is it always summoners?

bot progam, i'm not naming them cause we all know and summoner cause they are hellish strong to solo in lower levels until 99-101

to be clear, and to close this topic for u:

- macro is what u say u do. it's easy to get ried of a macro. kill it and take the spot( nowdays with the risk of ban it seems). with bot it's a whole other story, kill it and he'll be there next second. kill it 100 times, it will still be there next second. that's the differance between macro and bot.

18 hours ago, degamad said:

Sorry for the clickbait title but seriously i am getting confused by all the "BOTS BOTS NC Soft get rid of BOTS" talk.

How can i tell the difference between a BOT and a player on auto macro who has fallen asleep or not paying attention to their toons?

I know hunting areas are crowded and tempers flare. i think that NC Soft could open up the low level (under lvl 85) hunting areas for higher level (85+) that would help alot.

if you always have a place to stake your claim and get XP who cares who thinks anyone is a BOT?

Also if you come across a spot you want to hunt and its camped by "BOTS", why cant you just kill them and take the spot?

If i set my toon up on macro to hunt and i go to sleep, am i then considered a bot? i do that alot. i dont care what happens to my toon its just a gamble to see what xp i got during the night.

is that not allowed? am i the problem? should i quit the game because i only have about 1 hour per night to actually play?

i definitely would like some clarification of what is good and what is not good way to play the game.

are all my level 100 and under toons hurting you in any way? Honestly i think with only one hour per night to play none of my toons will be over 101 before i get bored and quit anyway unless i see some other cool places to get xp.

as for now im bored of Alter of evil bloody swamo and blazing swamp.

Hello, mate.

At other day I had writed a post about BOTs and you left a reply saying your point of vision; I already had noticed that you dont understand the real consequence of BOTs, seeing your post now I have assurance of this.

BOTs are illegal prograns that can execute as many accounts want, when the normal is, nowdays, 3 clients per PC.
This is not players making macros, it is smart prograns making quests for adena, itens, etc. If you kill them, they will come back after or has enough intelligence to find another spot to farm.
All this to sell adena for players who wants buy throught of illegal market.
All this turn the itens prices very expanssive for players who doesnt want buy adena from illegal market.

All of these things occurring while the NC make 3 the client limitation for normal players.

Somehow grow the difference between who buy adena and who doesnt buy adena from illegal market. Who doesnt fallow the rules and who fallow.

3 hours ago, Reider said:

Hello, mate.

At other day I had writed a post about BOTs and you left a reply saying your point of vision; I already had noticed that you dont understand the real consequence of BOTs, seeing your post now I have assurance of this.

BOTs are illegal prograns that can execute as many accounts want, when the normal is, nowdays, 3 clients per PC.
This is not players making macros, it is smart prograns making quests for adena, itens, etc. If you kill them, they will come back after or has enough intelligence to find another spot to farm.
All this to sell adena for players who wants buy throught of illegal market.
All this turn the itens prices very expanssive for players who doesnt want buy adena from illegal market.

All of these things occurring while the NC make 3 the client limitation for normal players.

Somehow grow the difference between who buy adena and who doesnt buy adena from illegal market. Who doesnt fallow the rules and who fallow.

yeah i never claimed to be smart about this im a noob looking for answers.

Bots  may flag back in a 'sort-of-smart-way' when you attack them, resurrect themselves etc while it is not possible to efficiently fight back or accept a resurrection while on macro.

- A few weeks back I wanted to get rid of an afk party at Giant's Cave and to my surprise they flagged back, started ress-ing themseleves etc. It took me a while to kill them because I have low dps and they kept ress-ing themselves - after that, their dead toons remained in their spot for a few hours, so it seems they don't always get back. I guess it depends on how they are programmed.

- before the recent upgrade there were tons of bots at Fairies, once you flagged on anyone, in one second they all switched their targets and attacked you.

- When in Aden someone used a general chat to ask a friend to log into a bot programme for them and set sth up since they didn't know how to do that. They used my native language, so I guess they thought they were safe lol. It seems the use of 3rd party software is still common and not blocked by NC Soft.

Overall, if you observe a party for a few minutes you can easily see if they are using macros or if there is some kind of a logic behind their actions.

1 hour ago, Helvie said:

Bots  may flag back in a 'sort-of-smart-way' when you attack them, resurrect themselves etc while it is not possible to efficiently fight back or accept a resurrection while on macro.

- A few weeks back I wanted to get rid of an afk party at Giant's Cave and to my surprise they flagged back, started ress-ing themseleves etc. It took me a while to kill them because I have low dps and they kept ress-ing themselves - after that, their dead toons remained in their spot for a few hours, so it seems they don't always get back. I guess it depends on how they are programmed.

- before the recent upgrade there were tons of bots at Fairies, once you flagged on anyone, in one second they all switched their targets and attacked you.

- When in Aden someone used a general chat to ask a friend to log into a bot programme for them and set sth up since they didn't know how to do that. They used my native language, so I guess they thought they were safe lol. It seems the use of 3rd party software is still common and not blocked by NC Soft.

Overall, if you observe a party for a few minutes you can easily see if they are using macros or if there is some kind of a logic behind their actions.

Wow this is very interesting indeed. Can i ask, what is your native language?

Every toon i have ever killed just stayed dead in that area for hours.. im guessing they was just AFK Macro.

On 10/11/2019 at 8:37 AM, FTBs said:

If they standat spot you cant understand but when they are moving its moves different than on macro. But today its doesnt matter bc macros can do all you need besides sucking a marsh mellowB|

Ok so im in Blazing Swamp and i have a nice spot. all of a sudden 6 summoners land on my spot all moving in unison. with Chinese looking names, Bots?

wondering if i should just try to kill them.

1 hour ago, Gopher said:

Are you saying Blazing Swamp? Look at this :)
Naia server, Dim Rift 100.

Its obvious you dont have knowledge about this game...

They are not bots...they are ppl who try to make some adena(yes, you can still make little adena in game). They log as many chars they can/have with quest and take the reward(rune fragments, etc).

Dont worry, dimensional will be closed soon :) 

8 hours ago, Parangatimiruaru said:

[removed] very ugly

Second screen It look more like Innova, they didnt cut the drop and adena in Pavel Ruin :) so all ppl farm there to get adena.
On NcSoft that area is empty....or use to be empty. Ill log later to check.

12 minutes ago, TheThrax said:

Second screen It look more like Innova, they didnt cut the drop and adena in Pavel Ruin :) so all ppl farm there to get adena.
On NcSoft that area is empty....or use to be empty. Ill log later to check.

A little update, its NcSoft West indeed...I cant imagine how desperate ppl are to farm adena there.....

1 hour ago, TheThrax said:

Its obvious you dont have knowledge about this game...

They are not bots...they are ppl who try to make some adena(yes, you can still make little adena in game). They log as many chars they can/have with quest and take the reward(rune fragments, etc).

Dont worry, dimensional will be closed soon :) 

I see that you definitely know better ...
Stand anywhere in Dim Rift for 5 minutes - you'll see around 20-30 wynns running exactly the same way, one after the other. If they are not bots - you probably don't have knowledge about this game ;)
I did'nt post these photos as a complaint, just to show, with a smile, what is happening in other places.

Only 2 think they can do, delete all rmt site fast or 2nd option remove all adena on quest reward, and replace it with useful item but cant trade it and sell it on npc.
For example, quest give 10k ssr or 2 brez or bsoe, something like that, or daily coin

Edited by KissMyKnife

36 minutes ago, KissMyKnife said:

Only 2 think they can do, delete all rmt site fast or 2nd option remove all adena on quest reward, and replace it with useful item but cant trade it and sell it on npc.
For example, quest give 10k ssr or 2 brez or bsoe, something like that, or daily coin

and free teleport and is ok, if they give free enchant weapons, enchant armors, weapons and armors free, i dont have problem they remove all the adena from server