Classic Server Game Update: Wednesday, October 30, 2019

Hime

• L2 Team

Game servers will be down for the Shadow of the Kamael Supplemental Update beginning Wednesday, October 30, 2019 at 5 a.m. PDT /  7 a.m. CDT / 8 a.m. EDT / 1400 GMT+2 will be unavailable for approximately 4 hours

With this maintenance:

• Lineage II Classic: Shadow of the Kamael Supplemental Update will be live. Patch notes can be read here.
  • Ancient Legendary Cloaks will continue to be in the L2 Store for two weeks.
  • Oriana’s Spooky Draw event continue for 2 weeks.
  • The Zombie’s Curse Halloween event will begin for two weeks. Details are available here.
  • Halloween Store Update with new items in the store for Halloween and the content update!
  • The VIP Rewards Program will be expanded up to 7 tiers with new items in Daily Gift Boxes and a 5% increase to Item Drops for tiers 1-4.
  • The hero status for September Olympiad heroes will be reset.
  • New Chat restrictions have been added:
    • Normal = Level 25
    • Whisper = Level 25
    • Shout = Level 30
    • Market = Level 30
    • Party Matchmaking Room = Level 40

If you have any questions about the changes taking place during this maintenance, please feel free to post them on the forums. We also encourage you to follow @LineageIIOps for maintenance and server status updates.

Curse #1: Attempt to Forget

Curse #2: Unimaginable Horror

Itchy face but can't touch. This stress will cause the Might, Shield, Focus, Haste, Acumen, Empower and Wind Walk effects for 1 hour.

In a desperate attempt to unsee what you have just seen you close your eyes and fall into a mindless rampage of monster killing. For 2 hours, XP/ SP gain +50%. Not deleted upon death.

The Attempt to Forget curse can be acquired as frequently as you choose, but the Unimaginable Horror can only be acquired once a day per character. Unimaginable Horror also stacks with the Halloween Candy Buff from Oriana’s Spooky Draw to give you an even higher XP/SP gain!

WOW.

Ah yes, exactly what all of the fanbase wanted, another update with even more Pay To Win things.

I know its all about the money but can't you just make one, monthly-subscription based server with none of the pay to win items just like in the old days?
Im sure there would be thousands of people willing to give you that 10-20$ per month just to feel that real old nostalgia where your skill mattered, not the size of your wallet...

Darn it, started to daydream again :/

Edited by Key_
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Bozolina said:

Vip 6 and 7 are very expensive, you guys should give something more, like vip 6 pvp dmg 10 % plus has increase chance over enchanting p2w events +20% , vip 7 pvp dmg 15% plus has increase chance over enchanting p2w events +50% B|

Excellent idea Bozolina! I see some potential here :D @Hime take note of it ;)

I have questions about changes taking place during the maintenance.

1) Will the cap of max +5 stat from dyes change to +12.?

2) Will TOI mobs change as well and TOI ring (similar to DV Earring) exist.? (And how can we obtain this item) 

3) No drop from PK when u die by another player, but what if u die from mob while u are in karma.?

4) What will be the rewards from oly now that mark of battle are gone.? Only that potions after battle.? Or some other item as well to trade for book/enchants etc

$500 bucks for Tier 7 and $125 a month to maintain it? What meth-monkey came up with that? I don't care if Gill Bates played the game, if his decision making skills were compromised to the point that he paid for this even once, I'd suggest the men in white smocks come get him and watch him carefully to make sure he didn't eat his own fingers or something. Holy crap.

This reminds me of a few years back when NCW introduced "hero coins". One, clean R99 weapon from hero coins would require a player to spend over $330,000 (three hundred, and thirty thousand) US Dollars, with a time limit of one year. After everyone called NC out on being ... well, you know what they said, or can guess. NCW was all like "uwoooh! sowwy! we'll weduce dat cost by HALF! Much bettew? uwu~"

Just. Absolute. Foolishness.

Edited by SaaIkou
Incweased amount of uwu~!! •ᴗ•
  • Like 1

500 euro.., and u wonder why ppl call  the admins and gms here idiots....

anyway, as long as players still play here,  its no wonder ....

and  to be honest, this is not a game anymore, there are just those ppl here who run there bots and autofarm afk for 24/7 to earn adena and sell it on websites.

this is a company game, not an MMO anymore.its an AFK game thnx to the autofarm, and to bots.

iam done with this crapp , i wont wiast anymore time on this AFK botting game,my time is better spend on any free server, with REAL lineage 2 chronicles till H5,where lineage is lineage.and not this modded crapp here.somehow i start to belive this server here is nothing more than a sold licenz to someppl, who are modding the crapp out of this game, and have no clue about L2 after all.and this for any reagion.. RU,asia,american servers.. all are different, all are different modded, with more and more crapp. if there is any REAL lineage 2 server with an older chronicle and a subb comming out, i think about to play again.. till than

iam done with this crapp server.. bb

Ok, I think the time has come for me to move on :) Tier 7 200% drop boost!!!!! OMG!!!!! AMAZING!!!!!! Too bad most popular farm zones have empty/near empty drop tables... And the places that do have drops will be swarmed even more with RMT'ers bots. And now that PK's don't drop anything you can only wait and see how those PK ponies will be geared up.

I found out who owns pk toons and yea its game over they are top geared people who are bored so will be seeing pk toons with +6 sets +10 or higher weps probably boss jewls +15 cloaks and i would not be suprised to see them running around in partys with full buffs and healers.

I dont really feel like selling my second car to play this game, Costs the same as running a car for vip 7 .... how out of touch are these people ..... mental

Shame to watch something you grew up on playing for 16 years be run by people who clearly do not care, the players care more for the game than the people running it, truely sad

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Frper said:

I found out who owns pk toons and yea its game over they are top geared people who are bored so will be seeing pk toons with +6 sets +10 or higher weps probably boss jewls +15 cloaks and i would not be suprised to see them running around in partys with full buffs and healers.

I dont really feel like selling my second car to play this game, Costs the same as running a car for vip 7 .... how out of touch are these people ..... mental

Shame to watch something you grew up on playing for 16 years be run by people who clearly do not care, the players care more for the game than the people running it, truely sad

Well Ncsoft's biggest cash cow is the mobile market so I'm not surprised they are trying to pull the same ridiculous price crap here..

Pkers no longer dropping items will kill what's left of this game. There's absolutely no downside to PKing at this point. BUT hey we got a cast time finally on TP... all of two seconds..... yeah totally makes up for everything else or something. Gank alts are already a problem and this just makes it vastly worse. It's now inevitable that the top geared people will start using their gear on their gank alts. I'm done spending money on this game now as it's probably only a matter of time before I can't level because of Pkers running around with +15 weapons and +10 armor and such...

The ruins of agony botter is going to love the drop change. Now they can even gank the players who grab the blessing from the GK. Just toss a good ol +10 weapon on a character that is barely within ten levels of the people doing that quest and completely clear house for their bots... Meanwhile the GMs go "  " because there are none to deal with these problems..

Edited by Tool_of_Society

6 hours ago, TheoTheReaper said:

I have questions about changes taking place during the maintenance.

1) Will the cap of max +5 stat from dyes change to +12.?

2) Will TOI mobs change as well and TOI ring (similar to DV Earring) exist.? (And how can we obtain this item) 

3) No drop from PK when u die by another player, but what if u die from mob while u are in karma.?

4) What will be the rewards from oly now that mark of battle are gone.? Only that potions after battle.? Or some other item as well to trade for book/enchants etc

I Felt free to post them on forum, can u also feel free to answer me before update goes live ? 

So the paid item Bracelet of fate on which you literally had to spend tons of NCoin on, has now been automatically changed to Bracelet lvl 4 which you can now buy at npc.

This was not listed in the patch notes, also do you not see that you just scammed people who spend $ on the bracelet? I think its time for someone to do a law suit, this is getting beyond ridiculous.

@juji

@hime

Edited by TM90

I am a player of lineage2 For many years .... that game hold me for hours ... so I came to classic to remember the old .....but while it all started great  so soon our ncsoft is crashing .......and kick players....with her actions..1: pay to win items in the shop crowded a lot of people and left the server....... something the company could change ...a fair proposition would be for NCSOFT to make money but for us to have the people to propel the game would be to make premium players ....That is, who wants to get more statistics to make the acc premium ... and that ends every month...+ vip and make the gameplay easier and premium price cheap for all users ...10Euro or 10 dolars is the best!!!the itemes he put in the shop were there for everyone in the game and made ...
2:we all went up to 78 +++ levels in a short while ... okay but then you don't have any areas to go exp ... collect items -make good spoil.... It's all counted on the fingers of one hand .. which stops a lot of people .... eg when you go wal of agros and don't drop adena stones to upload attributes how do i develop player ??? In this I would suggest new areas for 78 +++ with adena, drop items, and spoil items more than now  3 expected we would ever get A grade but the way to get unsealed is very difficult as unplayable for poles ... so they go ....3.....we were expecting ever to get A grade but the way to get unsealed is very difficult as it is not polished players ... that's why they are leaving ....4 pk ok the evil is gone .... not enough areas to have a few exp and you have pk all the time to kill you ... you should have over a pk limit my character can do anything .. or when the auto next target option is enabled dont make hit pk char .....this keep more players on the game .....5 suport class a gaming problem that has been around for years .... most players want to play damage dealers but dps suport doesn't do anything ... A good idea would be for any suport (bd sws elders bishop war cry overlord)that will be at the party to pass the party an extra possibility of 1% life or accuracy or any other statistic .. they become even more useful and make the players go to those types of characters ...6 pvp a thing that doesn't exist ... as long as the game is based on auto nex target ... it would be good to give pvp 1 a list of the best pvp players of servers .... and create a area that playing pvp and gaining points ...this will get players to work and level up and make better items....it would keep people here for a long time .7.events are good but not competitive !!! That is, if the event forced you to make an item that you need to work on and make it look like you might need to spoil and drop and (you can't trade in a single player)give to npc and get a reward .or... the pvp event a great reward for any level depending on the position you are going to take !... hope the community will see them and have a good chat ... you invite game managers to listen to our opinions to keep a game we love strong .... 

• 2 weeks later...

@Juji

You ninja fixed the hero weapon tickets for the 15 day timer weapons, but you don't actually fix things that need fixing.  Like being able to Cancel buffs off raid bosses, the ability to land all our debuffs on raid bosses like Baium/Antharas.  They were broke after the kamael introduction and you still haven't addressed or fixed it.  The ability to make adena to support your hunting and cost of using shots, still broken.  

What the is wrong with you guys? were is the content update? which we don't care about, fix the stuff that's the broken.  And for heaven's sake publish your fixes, why so secretive?

HammerForge

• Hime unpinned this topic