Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Godfall

Lineage 2 : Unchained

Recommended Posts

Godfall    1

Likely going to get some blowback from this topic but I'm curious to know how many of you/us would play a server like this?

No VIP System

No Macro Looping

1 Client only (Monthly Sub $12.99 USD so NC still makes money)

Events that are farm based only. No Ncoin purchasing to play L2casino (lol)

L2 Store only consisting of maybe some cosmetic stuff , soulshots/hp pots and maybe something like a variety of mounts. 

actually feel like this would be a good thing for many! I'm sure that they could just make 1 server like this and people can choose which way they want to go. 

What you guys think? I'm probably dreaming, but I'd be williing to bet that would bring back plenty of people. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
drex    3

Why would you get blowback, it's not like a GM will ever respond, even if they read this @Juji @Hime @Cyan

I think this is what 90% of us had in mind when they sucked us back into this game

Pay to play > Pay to win

I would gladly pay a subscription if there was a server with full drop rates and no pay to win.

I dont know why people should be limited to 1 toon, if someone wanted to pay for a few boxed buffers, better for everyone

I also dont see why a free-to-play/VIP system couldnt work as well, but the VIP should be a subscription, not a P2W scheme.  

 

But the reality is it is way too late for that I am sure.  They have burned most of their base with this shameless, back to back to back to back P2W events.  Anyone who hasnt already quit is at least 1 foot out the door, myself included.  I havnt purchased any of the recent P2W items via NCoin, and I never will again.  Im also letting the VIP levels just dwindle away on my dozen or so toons.  Im on TI and while I think it's the most "populated" server, I dont think there are more than 100 live people still playing consistently, and only a few dozen total at the top......and a decent portion of them are only playing to sell adena/items ingame for real $$$.  

IF/WHEN they give us the L-Coin store that all the other "classic" version have, and if it requires a certain VIP level to get coin to drop, I may put some more money into this game, but until then they saw my last dollar on the Talisman of Fate event when they introduced progressive fail rates to their P2W items.  Maybe they will get a couple dollars here and there for Party SOE/MyTeleport scrolls, but they definitely lost a "customer" with me.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
CookiePimp    1

I dream of the day! Please give the people what they want. Still remember the first time i baught this game from my local shop, (i still have the disk somewhere) ((can i get a refund? nowhere did it say the game would turn into a casino and + i was 12 at the time soooo thats just illigal! lol)

I think WoW Classic did it right just wish i could stand that game... ughhhh i will pay a monthly sub happily.

 

People come to play games to escape reality and one of those realitys is trying to make enough to put food on the table so people play games such as fantasy games to escape the fact there is a big gap between the rich and the poor and all you did was open that up so now people cant even come to the game and enjoy simple gameplay where everything is at a equal oppertunity........

 

NCsoft are not a gaming company anymore and havent been since they went Pay 2 Win. Dont fear though their are still people who make games because they want people to enjoy it, just harder to find nowadays

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Karesz    14
1 hour ago, Godfall said:

No VIP System

No Macro Looping

1 Client only (Monthly Sub $12.99 USD so NC still makes money)

Events that are farm based only. No Ncoin purchasing to play L2casino (lol)

L2 Store only consisting of maybe some cosmetic stuff , soulshots/hp pots and maybe something like a variety of mounts. 

You know you can actually play like this here, you just need to re-adjust your mindset about caring what everybody else is doing. Just like in most single player games, you may use cheat or console command but you chose not to, since it would ruin the fun. It is the same with L2, do not ruin your own fun. :)

There was a long post here on the forum sometime ago about Pay-To-Win is a hoax. You think you pay to win, but you do not actually win, just paying for the illusion.

Players who pay a lot are stronger than those who do not pay/bot/macro/9box? Yeah, sure.

Are they have more fun too? Well it is up for debate. :)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Godfall    1
1 hour ago, drex said:

I dont know why people should be limited to 1 toon, if someone wanted to pay for a few boxed buffers, better for everyone

Yeah, I can agree there. Being able to play maybe 2 or 3 clients would be good!

 

19 minutes ago, Karesz said:

You know you can actually play like this here, you just need to re-adjust your mindset about caring what everybody else is doing. Just like in most single player games, you may use cheat or console command but you chose not to, since it would ruin the fun. It is the same with L2, do not ruin your own fun. :)

There was a long post here on the forum sometime ago about Pay-To-Win is a hoax. You think you pay to win, but you do not actually win, just paying for the illusion.

Players who pay a lot are stronger than those who do not pay/bot/macro/9box? Yeah, sure.

Are they have more fun too? Well it is up for debate. :)

 

That's an interesting outlook on it! I mean for the most part I just play to play. I don't really want to spend $$$$$$ on this game anymore. But I'm sure plenty can agree that it's kind of crappy that unless you want to be competitive you almost HAVE to invest into stuff! Especially since farming adena/mats , crafting, drop rates are all super duper tough for the general population that doesn't "bot" and doesn't have time to sit in front of the computer for hours on end. *shrug* 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Godfall said:

Likely going to get some blowback from this topic but I'm curious to know how many of you/us would play a server like this?

No VIP System

No Macro Looping

1 Client only (Monthly Sub $12.99 USD so NC still makes money)

Events that are farm based only. No Ncoin purchasing to play L2casino (lol)

L2 Store only consisting of maybe some cosmetic stuff , soulshots/hp pots and maybe something like a variety of mounts. 

actually feel like this would be a good thing for many! I'm sure that they could just make 1 server like this and people can choose which way they want to go. 

What you guys think? I'm probably dreaming, but I'd be williing to bet that would bring back plenty of people. 

1 client only lol. That's impossible to enforce. Even if you try to limit one client per machine I have 9 desktops and 1 laptop that can easily play L2 :P You can buy machines off ebay for $50 that can playing a full screen lineage 2 client with no upgrades.

Edited by Tool_of_Society

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Godfall    1
14 hours ago, Tool_of_Society said:

1 client only lol. That's impossible to enforce. Even if you try to limit one client per machine I have 9 desktops and 1 laptop that can easily play L2 :P You can buy machines off ebay for $50 that can playing a full screen lineage 2 client with no upgrades.

lol! True, but usually in that case it's limited to IP address. I'm just giving examples to "force" people to party/make friends/clans. So that activity/community is higher/better. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Krissa    87
4 hours ago, Godfall said:

lol! True, but usually in that case it's limited to IP address. I'm just giving examples to "force" people to party/make friends/clans. So that activity/community is higher/better. 

If it's not "forced" by the game content itself, trying to "force" it by external means will just turn people away from the game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Godfall    1
16 minutes ago, Krissa said:

If it's not "forced" by the game content itself, trying to "force" it by external means will just turn people away from the game.

That's my whole point. It's either gotta be the content of the game or other limiting factors. Allowing unlimited clients is a bit much, in my opinion. 3 was pretty good, I think! Again these are just my opinions but I think alot of choices made have done more harm than good. And maybe, just maybe if we all talk about it more and try to make sense of things they may change some stuff. Who knows! (likely wishful thinking though lol )

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Krissa    87
12 hours ago, Godfall said:

That's my whole point. It's either gotta be the content of the game or other limiting factors.

No. If it is not the content, nothing else will work. It's a game, not a job. Either you provide daily content interesting to currently boxed classes, or no one will play them as mains.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/31/2019 at 11:09 AM, Godfall said:

lol! True, but usually in that case it's limited to IP address. I'm just giving examples to "force" people to party/make friends/clans. So that activity/community is higher/better. 

IP address is unworkable in the way you intend. It's fairly common for many people to be using the same IP from the perspective of a web/game server.  Here's a link that will get you started on why your idea is terrible.https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Network_address_translation

Of course I could still get around that by setting up each machine on a proxy since lineage 2 isn't really that sensitive to lag and autohunt is done server side.

 

You can only force people so much because it's just a game and people will just move to a game that is fun. The carrot approach is by far better but is also harder to achieve.  Hell the reason I've stuck with this game is because of the old school boxing that I started back in closed beta. If I can't box I'll just move on to a better run better setup game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Godfall    1
On 11/3/2019 at 12:15 AM, Tool_of_Society said:

IP address is unworkable in the way you intend. It's fairly common for many people to be using the same IP from the perspective of a web/game server.  Here's a link that will get you started on why your idea is terrible.https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Network_address_translation

Of course I could still get around that by setting up each machine on a proxy since lineage 2 isn't really that sensitive to lag and autohunt is done server side.

 

You can only force people so much because it's just a game and people will just move to a game that is fun. The carrot approach is by far better but is also harder to achieve.  Hell the reason I've stuck with this game is because of the old school boxing that I started back in closed beta. If I can't box I'll just move on to a better run better setup game.

All things I'm very aware of, so no my idea is not "terrible", it's a simple suggestion. 

Maybe the limited accounts thing is pushing it a bit much, so ya I get what you mean. I still stick to what I said that I think there needs to be a change. Will it happen? Very unlikely. But I think a large amount of us can agree its current state is a bit ****. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Godfall said:

All things I'm very aware of, so no my idea is not "terrible", it's a simple suggestion. 

Maybe the limited accounts thing is pushing it a bit much, so ya I get what you mean. I still stick to what I said that I think there needs to be a change. Will it happen? Very unlikely. But I think a large amount of us can agree its current state is a bit ****. 

Your "suggestion" of limiting the number of accounts per IP is terrible....

There is no surefire way to limit the number of accounts someone uses. You can at best slow them down. The three clients per machine limit being the most effective for the effort. Otherwise you're going to need people to use a state or federal ID to create an account and employees to double check etc...Which creates a massive amount of potential liability and other problems.


To play on a chinese server (the game shall remain anonymous) long (+10 years) ago you needed their version of a social security number and people in the USA were just generating/stealing the number to create accounts to play...

Edited by Tool_of_Society

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×