NC LAUNCHER failed to receive a response from update server

RibaS

2 days now nc launcher cant log my game  easy i mast restart it many times 

problem dont find connection  or stop it in screen before the main screen  to push start button.

failed to receive a response from update server.

check your isp firewall etc etc.

bla bla bla

i have 3 internet online games ( form epic  and steam )

only lineage2   have this problem and only in this 2 last days 

i dont change anything on my pc .

• Like 2

I have the same issue, i have a trouble ticket in. Ive been getting disconnected all the time. No lag, just boom clients dropped ( 3 ).  Now, atm i cant log in at all.. I checked EVERYTHING they told me.. and still cant log in.

Ive had the problem for about 4 to 6 days now.. I think its been since last Wed.

• Like 2

Its not a localization issue and its not our provider issue, I had the same problem 2-3 weeks ago and im from EU.
I had a very long conversation with the support team, they rly tried to help me...we did all possible test but we couldnt find the problem.
After next maintenance problem was gone.

12 hours ago, Xeen said:

I have the same issue, i have a trouble ticket in. Ive been getting disconnected all the time. No lag, just boom clients dropped ( 3 ).  Now, atm i cant log in at all.. I checked EVERYTHING they told me.. and still cant log in.

Ive had the problem for about 4 to 6 days now.. I think its been since last Wed.

the same to me... DC random..

14 hours ago, ppower said:

the problem is in

your internet provider isp

make a claim to your internet company

no dude its not from me the problem!!!!!

i play from Europe  and i play many games the problem  is in this specific game   launcher  fault need reprogramming!!!!!!!

Hello, I had this problem about 2 to 3 weeks ago, and after 3 days it stopped to occur by it self...

Its not a ISP problem, since other games runs well with no DC.

Some times i can get 60h in row online in L2.

Yesterday the problem back, got random dc in my charrs, and launcher have problems to connect and login.

I play from Brasil.

On 11/19/2019 at 4:47 PM, Juji said:

I have checked with our tech support team and we have only received two reports of this issue, but it appears the issue was resolved after restarting the launcher for these two players.

experiencing it until now too (4 days with this issue already)

On 11/18/2019 at 10:11 PM, ppower said:

the problem is in

your internet provider isp

make a claim to your internet company

I can litterly drive to the data center in about 5 hours and I've been having disconnection issues ONLY in lineage 2 for at least the last 48 hours. All pings to the east and west coast are super low and no packets are lost. I am having no issues with any other online game or service. Clearly something is going on with their network or their ISP's.

Early this morning CDT I gave up playing because all inputs were noticeably lagged and I had a couple D/ces over the course of an hour. I left my characters fishing and every single one of them d/ced between 12pm CDT and 4pm CDT.  I am just now logging some characters in with the hope I can stay connected and do something...

@Juji I can't speak for anyone else but I haven't bothered to send anything to tech support because I've gotten a few too many copy paste responses in the past. I just assumed it wouldn't matter... I can provide you with all kinds of data if you want/desire.

Edited by Tool_of_Society

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 8/19/2021 at 8:09 PM, Bellgun1995 said:

I have had same issue for 3 days now, it isn't the isp, all other games work, internet is fine. I formatted Drive then re-installed windows and fresh downlaod and I have the same issue.

I was having this problem too just now. Fixed it by going into my Avast antivirus settings, and adding NCLauncher2.exe as an Allowed app through the Ransomware Shield.

Settings -> General -> Blocked & Allowed Apps -> + Allow App -> NCLauncher2.exe -> Ransomware Shield

• Like 1

Good morning (Using google translator)

Since yesterday I'm just trying to install the game, I downloaded the game patch correctly, there was no problem with that, but then when you open the patch and come to the part of choosing the game and agreeing, it stays still, the funniest thing than the computer is new and runs Windows 10 original.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/19/2019 at 6:42 AM, RibaS said:

2 days now nc launcher cant log my game  easy i mast restart it many times 

problem dont find connection  or stop it in screen before the main screen  to push start button.

failed to receive a response from update server.

check your isp firewall etc etc.

bla bla bla

i have 3 internet online games ( form epic  and steam )

only lineage2   have this problem and only in this 2 last days 

i dont change anything on my pc .

Ok listen up mate,

Here is the tips for restoring nc launcher problem:

1st : main priority >> go windows 10 home originals

2nd : disable all micosoft services > go run > type : msconfig and disable all

3rd : contact your services provider and ask them change new modem for all .

4th : change your cable to CAT 7 erthenet cable 

5th : using a cooling pad blows your modem for 24 hours or more and good cooling sytem for your CPU as well ( panasonic fan would be great )

here is all the stuffs i did and now it worked perfectly fine without disconnecting and lagging issue

On 8/30/2021 at 9:40 AM, DreamPhreak said:

I was having this problem too just now. Fixed it by going into my Avast antivirus settings, and adding NCLauncher2.exe as an Allowed app through the Ransomware Shield.

Settings -> General -> Blocked & Allowed Apps -> + Allow App -> NCLauncher2.exe -> Ransomware Shield

Ok listen up mate,

5th : using a cooling pad blows your modem for 24 hours or more and good cooling sytem for your CPU as well ( panasonic fan would be great )

here is all the stuffs i did and now it worked perfectly fine without disconnecting and lagging issue

On 11/24/2019 at 1:59 PM, Tool_of_Society said:

I can litterly drive to the data center in about 5 hours and I've been having disconnection issues ONLY in lineage 2 for at least the last 48 hours. All pings to the east and west coast are super low and no packets are lost. I am having no issues with any other online game or service. Clearly something is going on with their network or their ISP's.

Early this morning CDT I gave up playing because all inputs were noticeably lagged and I had a couple D/ces over the course of an hour. I left my characters fishing and every single one of them d/ced between 12pm CDT and 4pm CDT.  I am just now logging some characters in with the hope I can stay connected and do something...

@Juji I can't speak for anyone else but I haven't bothered to send anything to tech support because I've gotten a few too many copy paste responses in the past. I just assumed it wouldn't matter... I can provide you with all kinds of data if you want/desire.

Ok listen up mate,

I am one of the players who complained to support tiket as  NCjuji mentioned earlier. 

and i have been complaint to both ncsoft and my services provider for many months, now i finally manage to solve all this.

So if you all have these kinds of problem just listen up my advice and go do it as soon as possible. it is greatly helped and is 100% worked with this technique that i mentioned in earlier post

On 9/4/2021 at 9:38 PM, Murkan said:

Good morning (Using google translator)

Since yesterday I'm just trying to install the game, I downloaded the game patch correctly, there was no problem with that, but then when you open the patch and come to the part of choosing the game and agreeing, it stays still, the funniest thing than the computer is new and runs Windows 10 original.

try changing  your modem and contact your services provider.. maybe because your modem heated and damage you dont know..it would be fastest way for you if you change all your modem sets..is not related to firewall..

once modem is heated or damage , it stills can be connected but it stills having a lots of problem with disconnecting..so you u need to check overall cpu and services provider to understand your problems and undertake the problems of your own..