2 of 3 clients disconnect

degamad

2 hours ago, SLA said:

Same issue here, also Chicago. So I've done everything requested from the support team and basically got a BS answer like always to contact the ISP. The game was running perfect for a few years but after these last updates it keeps disconnecting and I'm giving up on it until I the issue is resolved. Who is curious the support answer here:

Hello,

Thank you very much for the information as this does appear to show the issue you are having.

According to this report, your connection is suffering from packet loss. If you are not familiar with this term, it simply means the loss of data while in transit from point A (your computer) to point B (our servers). Packet loss can be caused by any of the following reasons: (1) The information received from your computer can either be corrupted or insufficient. (2) The information wasn't sent at all.

So how does this affect you?

In-game: The game fails in trying to adjust your position and resend the data multiple times to your last known location because too much data was lost in the transmission. Now, since Lineage 2 is a client/server setup, the game is always considered right (this is a security measure for anti-cheating/hacking). Thus, the game is forced to adjust your location to where the server last thought you were. This causes your character or NPC's to ""snap back"" or ""rubberband"" between the two sets (one set from your client, another from the server) of information. Since both sets are ""fighting"" between who is right, your character or NPC characters will appear to teleport back and forth while this ""fight for control"" happens. Since not enough data is received during this fight,
the game will likely disconnect you because it thinks you are already offline.

Installing and/or updating: In terms of installing and/or updating, a corrupted data might prevent you from obtaining the patch files intact. Thus, the download would either keep retrying multiple times to get the non-corrupted data or error out and stop.

Because the loss of data is happening prior to it reaching our game servers, you will need to contact your Internet Service Provider for assistance. I would highly recommend sending them these results so they can visually see the issue you are suffering from.

Please do not hesitate to contact us should you have any additional issues, questions or concerns.

Regards,

Edanne
NCSOFT Support Team

I have left Chicago and i am back in AZ. sop far i have only had 2 of three clients DC once in the last 3 days.

the explanation of packet loss doesnt make sense to me why it would disconnect 1 client but not the other... are both clients not running on the same computor and same internet connection and same packet loss?

5 hours ago, Cyan said:

Hello everyone, 

We are continuing to investigate this matter, but please submit a ticket to our technical support department so they can gather as much information as they can to help in narrow down the issue. 

Here's the link: https://support.lineage2.com/ 

Thank you. 

i made ticket, i run all data collecting programs, i made reports and i got response like was posted upper. Packet loss. I using WTFast and i got DC too only on 1 window. As people said playing 2 accounts on same PC, on same internet provider, with same packet loss in same time must lead to simultaneus disconnection of all 2 client in same time not only 1. Yesterday evening i played and i have several freeze issues for 10-20s total freeze. I waiting if I got DC but nothing happend so i changing position between 2 windows to see if i dc on both. I click on icons and surprisingly i start moving and in both windows in 1 moment game run to acctual time frame and i continue withouth DC. I freezed 4-6x.  

46 minutes ago, Maark said:

its clear they need help...

just post your error report every time it happens.

Roger That. next time it happens i will . hopefully if we all do it they can find some common denominator that we all have and fix it or at least explain it. But the packet generic (Packet Loss) explanation is just to hard to swallow considering the clients are all on the same box, internet, isp connection.

Now if NCSoft can explain why packet loss could cause one or two out of three clients to disconnect that is a different story and i would love to hear it and understand it.

44 minutes ago, degamad said:

Roger That. next time it happens i will . hopefully if we all do it they can find some common denominator that we all have and fix it or at least explain it. But the packet generic (Packet Loss) explanation is just to hard to swallow considering the clients are all on the same box, internet, isp connection.

Now if NCSoft can explain why packet loss could cause one or two out of three clients to disconnect that is a different story and i would love to hear it and understand it.

That will never happen......have u hear once ur boss say "sorry is my fault not your" same here,they never will admit they fail in something!!!

Well I've 2 clients up since yesterday evening (gmt+2), so there are 2 options, either I've direct link to NCWest's servers which are located in the other part of the world or your internet is just crap. Make your educated guess which one it is.

ps. Last week the 2 clients made around 160hrs uptime btw, as the week before that.

Just now, mixa said:

Well I've 2 clients up since yesterday evening (gmt+2), so there are 2 options, either I've direct link to NCWest's servers which are located in the other part of the world or your internet is just crap. Make your educated guess which one it is.

ps. Last week the 2 clients made around 160hrs uptime btw, as the week before that.

Mixa. Look just because YOU don't have the problem don't mean that THE PROBLEM DOESN'T EXIST.

Look HOW MANY player have this. Do you believe that EVERYONE AROUND THE WORLD have 'crap' ISP? 

33 minutes ago, zteh168n said:

Mixa. Look just because YOU don't have the problem don't mean that THE PROBLEM DOESN'T EXIST.

Look HOW MANY player have this. Do you believe that EVERYONE AROUND THE WORLD have 'crap' ISP? 

That doesn't mean NCWest has connectivity issues either. It's probably a group of ISPs that use the same edge routers to route the traffic to the other side of the Atlantic, while other ISPs use other routes (let's say like mine). Do you see now what I'm saying?

Just now, mixa said:

That doesn't mean NCWest has connectivity issues either. It's probably a group of ISPs that use the same edge routers to route the traffic to the other side of the Atlantic, while other ISPs use other routes (let's say like mine). Do you see now what I'm saying?

Yeah... We all have bad ISP with BAD routers. Let's do this. What is Mixa ISP?

44 minutes ago, zteh168n said:

Yeah... We all have bad ISP with BAD routers. Let's do this. What is Mixa ISP?

If you knew a bit this stuff, you'll know how a ISP WAN works, Google it some then you MAY understand that many ISPs use the same external edge routers for over the ocean traffic. This is engineer stuff with multiple Cisco certifications like CCNA, CCNP, which I am and you clearly are not, so please...

I'm on A1 Bulgaria if that will give you any information.

I just want to know how a bad ISP can cause only 1 or 2 of the 3 clients on my computer to disconnect?

logic tells me that all 3 should disconnect. But i dont actually know, if someone can explain how that is possible i will be ok with that.

I want to make sure something isnt wrong with my game.

29 minutes ago, degamad said:

I just want to know how a bad ISP can cause only 1 or 2 of the 3 clients on my computer to disconnect?

logic tells me that all 3 should disconnect. But i dont actually know, if someone can explain how that is possible i will be ok with that.

I want to make sure something isnt wrong with my game.

Just wait "the six sage path" will come and explain to u sooner as you immagine...................;)