Sadly...

MrYalef

Hi everyone...

I don't know exactly how to get started. What I have to say is simple indeed, but I think there are several players who feel the same. Lineage 2 is a game that was part of our childhood and adolescence and brings us a lot of nostalgia. Several of us would like to play that "old school" where it is difficult to get items, which would eventually spark the resolve; something that moved us to run after. Adulthood calls, but there are those who would have time to play the "eternal L2". Is there any possibility ...? Is there anyone who can bring back some of those nostalgic moments ...? Would it just be my vent or are there others who feel the same ...? Ah NCSOFT ... Why not test a really "old school" server without all the facilities of the so-called L2 Classic? I would love for that to happen and I hope this day comes ...

13 hours ago, MrYalef said:

Hi everyone...

I don't know exactly how to get started. What I have to say is simple indeed, but I think there are several players who feel the same. Lineage 2 is a game that was part of our childhood and adolescence and brings us a lot of nostalgia. Several of us would like to play that "old school" where it is difficult to get items, which would eventually spark the resolve; something that moved us to run after. Adulthood calls, but there are those who would have time to play the "eternal L2". Is there any possibility ...? Is there anyone who can bring back some of those nostalgic moments ...? Would it just be my vent or are there others who feel the same ...? Ah NCSOFT ... Why not test a really "old school" server without all the facilities of the so-called L2 Classic? I would love for that to happen and I hope this day comes ...

TLDR: The framework changed a bit, however the players habit and goals changed much more.

I understand what you talk about, however not just the software changed but the playerbase too.

15 year ago if you played a few hours more than other players and read some information on web, you was the king among the hordes of newbies. Also when you are a newbie that also has its own magic. Currently 95% of the playerbase is much more efficient, know every trick/tip/class/skill, powerlevel and rush to endgame gear, farm and camp.

Even on an interlude server, players know they should start destors with support for PVE and archer/mage for PVP, rush for draco bows and arcana maces. 95%+ play with ambition and efficency. It is not the same as 15year ago, when the comparision was diablo2 and it felt great even to be a random warrior participant on a castle siege.

Is that the reason the game is full of bots? There's even automatic play ... Is it because of lack of time, really? They say no, L2 is not a P2W game! That's why the post ... A little outburst ... There are other ways to make money than thousands of items that break the original mechanics, the essence of the game ...

1 hour ago, MrYalef said:

Is that the reason the game is full of bots? There's even automatic play ... Is it because of lack of time, really? They say no, L2 is not a P2W game! That's why the post ... A little outburst ... There are other ways to make money than thousands of items that break the original mechanics, the essence of the game ...

Yep.

Clicker type of target/attack/skill and the heavy grind also have effect. I am not sure who say l2 is not p2w, but as far as I heared in Korea pay to win is actually not a bad thing, it simulates well the social hierarchy so players willing to blend in and try to gain advantage through hard work or trickery or money.

Just saw a video about some l2 history from a gamer point of view, if you will have a free 30min check it out. (subject is a bit confusing,but it isnt about rage)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5jA8h3dcwGI