Daggers useless in PVP?

Tetele

I was searching for a clan,till someone in general chat put an announcement for his clan. I mail him cus i can not whisper him under lvl 25.

I tell him to recruit me. After a bit time he answers. He tell me that i am too low level and can only put me in a secondary clan,also he says that daggers are useless in PVP. And i think REALLY? If you played the old lineage 2 C5 chronicle on official game when was not free to play,you will remember a player named DVP who is an human treasure hunter. This player is a proplayer who kill entire partyes he solo. So or this has changed or this player (the recruiter on l2 classic) is a liar.

What do you think?

Not just dagger, in field-pvp almost all melee classes are inferior against summoners and mages in the endgame, unless you have really top overenchanted stuffs. At oly probably destors are fine and even daggers can have their moments, but I am not sure about this.

Here is a video to give you some idea from about current classic field-pvp.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jlw6wYI72Sg

In the C5 days I was walking with a Storm Screamer with 95% m.crit chance. Every class was 1-2 shot and I don't remember such a dagger that could even come close, let alone wipe my whole group.

And yes, daggers are useless in pvp nowdays.

5 hours ago, Karesz said:

Not just dagger, in field-pvp almost all melee classes are inferior against summoners and mages in the endgame, unless you have really top overenchanted stuffs. At oly probably destors are fine and even daggers can have their moments, but I am not sure about this.

Here is a video to give you some idea from about current classic field-pvp.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jlw6wYI72Sg

Ok thanks.

1 hour ago, mixa said:

In the C5 days I was walking with a Storm Screamer with 95% m.crit chance. Every class was 1-2 shot and I don't remember such a dagger that could even come close, let alone wipe my whole group.

And yes, daggers are useless in pvp nowdays.

Just see dvp videos if there are still online those videos. Also,what about teleport and backstab? Those skills yet not work again?

Edited by Tetele

6 minutes ago, mixa said:

Search the forum, there is a rather big topic from @xHaseo how the daggers were nerfed and it will also help you understand why they are rather useless now.

Ok ok i believe you. Btw i see plenty of elven wizards on ruins of agony who use summons for recharge its own mp. I think the most independent class is a summoner,am i right? I am thinking to be elemental summoner cus human wizard drain the mp very quick with the vampiric touch skill.

1 hour ago, Tetele said:

What about warcryers? They are buffers and also have drain skill,and they are not slim like light elfs. Also the HOLY voice of the elf everytime he is hit,made me think twice about leveling one. Holy shit!!!! Orcs are strong :D

Elf summoner is quite good, but not the only choice. Mages like sph are fine choice too.

9 hours ago, mixa said:

Elf summoner is quite good, but not the only choice. Mages like sph are fine choice too.

If i go mage,then my choice is necromancer. They have drain skill and body to mind,useful for hunting,also the cursed curses skills. I do not like dark elfs cus they are slim with big head. Same as light elfs. Human mystics are half strong half slim,so is not that noticeable.

Edited by Tetele

1 hour ago, Tetele said:

But necros without buffs are useless in pvp,and i play solo. So i will play my initial choice that is,a warcryer. With the buffs and drain i can farm a lot of time solo. Btw how they are,warcryers in pvp?

Dunno where you get there ideas from.WC is a pure buffer in this version, you'll be doing ok until 40 and then you won't be able to kill anything.

Also there is almost no pvp, so better roll a class that can pve well, since that's what you'll be doing 99% of the time.

Necro is not a very good option, it's ok in pvp, but rather expensive to play, since you need cursed bones for your main nuke.Add shots to that and you'll never progress.

You should also realize that you'll have to roll a buffer of some kind. The most universal combos are summoner+wc or destro+wc.

3 hours ago, mixa said:

Dunno where you get there ideas from.WC is a pure buffer in this version, you'll be doing ok until 40 and then you won't be able to kill anything.

Also there is almost no pvp, so better roll a class that can pve well, since that's what you'll be doing 99% of the time.

Necro is not a very good option, it's ok in pvp, but rather expensive to play, since you need cursed bones for your main nuke.Add shots to that and you'll never progress.

You should also realize that you'll have to roll a buffer of some kind. The most universal combos are summoner+wc or destro+wc.

I get those idea from the old lineage 2 C5. Warcryers can solo pve very well,unless this has changed. About necros,they have vampiric claw,so i can spam this skill always. Btw warcryers have drain skill too,unless this skill is not the same as the old lineage 2,i can solo post 40.

47 minutes ago, Tetele said:

I get those idea from the old lineage 2 C5. Warcryers can solo pve very well,unless this has changed. About necros,they have vampiric claw,so i can spam this skill always. Btw warcryers have drain skill too,unless this skill is not the same as the old lineage 2,i can solo post 40.

This is NOT the same game buddy, there are do many different things in classic. It's totally different thing from what you remember from C5 times.

36 minutes ago, mixa said:

This is NOT the same game buddy, there are do many different things in classic. It's totally different thing from what you remember from C5 times.

Then,tell me a character good for solo please. I can not run two clients cus my computer is trash. And still,if my computer it was not trash,i will not run two clients,cus i like to focus on one character. 

So,which character is good for solo?? Maybe a tank?

Edited by Tetele

Tetele this is not a server u can solo. Well u can, but it might take u a year to reach the higher levels...

If u really dont wanna run two windows then just do a summoner. Its the only class that could get by.

Also, this is a 15 year old game, i refuse yo believe ur comouter cant handle two windows :)

A dagger, especially with no buffs, will probably make u quit the game by around level 50...