Forums

Shield Defence Rate and Effect

Quenia

I would like to find info about shield defence. - What's is the success rate? - How much dmg does it block? - Does a OEd Shield worth spending on?

I am lf some educational content about the topic. Thx in advnace :D

Rate is dependent on a bunch of things, CON, Race, Items, and many others. As far as damage goes, if Shield Defense is successful you receive 0 damage. Other than that, I'm not actually a tank, so I can't say anything beyond that.

Hi

On 11/5/2018 at 3:44 PM, Quenia said:

I would like to find info about shield defence. - What's is the success rate? - How much dmg does it block? - Does a OEd Shield worth spending on?

Well not very helpfull info you recive...

The success rate of shield depends on CON, BUFF and mastery, nothing more, nothing less. For a Tank his passive grants 100% succes with 90 Con and Knight Harmony. With other harmony 100% shield success is achieve around 110 Con, with tank passive.

So most stank have 100% success on shield rate. When shield success the pdef of shield + passive bonuss+ buff (knight H) apply and add that amount to your Pdef on formula calculation, is not added to your base, but to the pdef amount you have.
On an real example,  my Tank with raise shield on achieve 60k pdef, i know, thx to two hand stance, that my shield will add around 10k more pdef when it success, i do have 100% success rate, so on every block i will defend with 70k pdef against enemies. OE shield do add more pdef ... it is worth it?.... well it is worth it to use anakim?  it might be that amount of extra pdef you can have with a standar vs bless oe shield, even more.

About excellent shield def well it is random so... sure add some extraXD

Shield also provides 20% damage reduction against bows damage, again only to tanks.  

Question .. you are a tank? if not shield is kind of useless, maybe a some minor boost to your iss pet, a bit more usefull to singers...

The only char that trully benefit from shield is tank.
Greetings

Thx for the tips!

My main question for Shield Pdef is whether the extra defense u gain scales like armor's pdef value and toon's pdef or it's just adds a static value.

To be more specific:

Let's say that if I defend w/o shield i have 10k pdef.

When I defend w shield (assuming that a shield has 500 pdef) do I defend with 10,000+500 or 10,000 + 500*Armor_Multiplier ?

If the numbers u mention above are not fictional it seems that the latter is correct.

On 5/11/2018 at 2:44 PM, Quenia said:

Templar knight have only top with some old skills + top con+ knight sp skill image.png

• 3 weeks later...
On 16/5/2018 at 9:13 AM, Quenia said:

Thx for the tips!

My main question for Shield Pdef is whether the extra defense u gain scales like armor's pdef value and toon's pdef or it's just adds a static value.

To be more specific:

Let's say that if I defend w/o shield i have 10k pdef.

When I defend w shield (assuming that a shield has 500 pdef) do I defend with 10,000+500 or 10,000 + 500*Armor_Multiplier ?

If the numbers u mention above are not fictional it seems that the latter is correct.

no, shield has it owns passives / AP bonuses and add a fix value after "shield multipliers" to pdef that can not be debuff. 

How it adds is:  ((passive+item skill passive (he one you get by select def or atack type on shield)*AP bonus)*Buff ( knight harmony, two hand stance, Frenzy...)* Grand Fortress

So, on a lvl 104 tank with a normal eternal shield

Passive Bonus: 542+ 542*1,5 (400% from passive+100% from item skill)= 3252
AP Bonus: 100% on 3252 = 6504

Knight H: 6504*1,5 = 9756 pdef 

With Knight + Frenzy = 16260 pdef

With Knight + lvl 1- 5 Grand Fortress = 10732 - 14634  (goes between thouse numbers from lvl 1 to lvl 5)

With Knight + Frenzy +  lvl 1- 5 Grand Fortress = 17886 - 24390 (goes between thouse numbers from lvl 1 to lvl 5)

AS you can see for a TANK shield do boost a lot from its passives / buffs / triggers....

For an iss with no mastery that  use a shiled is

542 + 542*1 (from the item skill) = 1084

AP if use Knight Tree= 2168

On knight Harmony buff = 3252 add to pdef with a chance of (20%+ CON%)*1,3 (30% from K Harmony lvl 1)
ON tank with only 90 con + knight harmony you have 100% block

Hope this Helps
Cheers

• 1 month later...

Finally made some tests for shields!

Two hand stance is indeed an invaluable tool to measure shield def.

I tried on 103 ET (with Shield Def AP and no buffs) Bl.R99+6 shield and Bl.R99 +10 shield.

The additional patk (# after 2h stance - # w/o stance) was 9160 in the former and 9719 in the later. Seems like a ~6% increase in shield pdef.

Imho worth the upgrade!

Archived