chat troubles

Fell

found out that I can't send pm or shout in chat using " and & symbols before my message

for instance, I type "skylarking 1 or &1 and I am getting message 1 in general (white) chat 

the most interesting is, that doing this from another character (same account, same pc, same client) results into success, just as it was meant to be

how do I fix this issue? what are the reasons for this?

It's about keyboard settings. 

EDIT

I think I had to change in Region & language -> Languages -> English keyboard from something (there is a lot of choices - Australia, Canada, UK etc...) to English (United States).

Es exactamente lo que me pasa a mi Skylarking, no hay ningun mensaje de prohibición.. solo escribe en general, pero nadie me puede leer. en la misma cuenta, tengo otro caracter y ese si puede escribir en todas formas (wisper, clan, party, etc.) ya no se que hacer :'(

On 12/05/2018 at 11:25 AM, Skylarking said:

some ppl saying that it's a ban

but no any sys. messages / notifications / terms

Ask someone to send you a private message. That person/char will get a system message saying something in the lines of "the target you're trying to contact is currently under chat prohibition". Check if that's the case. Mostly doesn't last longer than 24h, but can be annoying to get it without apparent reason.

• 4 weeks later...

Ohh... same shit problem cmon in giran is happening war with chats and other staff and i only put a macro to buy something and delay 60 seconds rlly now get serious no warning that i got chat banned nothing cmon fix it its fcking unfair i have my character for 3 days online day and night still have this fcking weird ban chat 

• 4 weeks later...

Don't switch the chat tabs with your Right Mouse Button, if you're switching them with it, it doesn't matter if you put in a chat command "!, @, $, & etc.", it will go directly into the white chat itself. 

Archived