Live Server Maintenance: Wednesday, December 18, 2019

Hime

• L2 Team

Game servers will be down for maintenance beginning Wednesday, December 18, 2019 at 5 a.m. PST /  7 a.m. CST / 8 a.m. EST / 2 p.m. GMT+1 and will be unavailable for approximately 1 hours and 30 minutes

With this maintenance:

• Standard database maintenance and application restarts will be performed.
  • Lucy and Rok’s Holiday Event will be available for the next three weeks.
  • Holiday Server Settings are available for the next three weeks:
    • XP/SP Boost + 50%No XP Loss Upon Death
    • Augmentation Removal Fee = 0 Adena
    • Raid Boss Spawn Time Reduced by 50%
  • Freya’s Fortune Stick items and the Ultimate Holiday Pack will be available for the next three weeks.

Other Notes

• We are actively investigating the server latency issue that is affected many players. Please bear with us as we work on a resolution. As a temporary measure, we will be adding a queue limit for the number of players connecting to the Live servers to reduce the latency delay.

If you have any questions about the changes taking place during this maintenance, please feel free to post them on the forums. We also encourage you to follow @LineageIIOps for maintenance and server status updates

Edited by Juji
Queue Limit Added for maintenance
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, OneDayDelete said:

Actively investigating the server latency issue that's been going on since the implementation of the supplemental update 6 months ago? 

ofc what u expect to be fast? and we near xmas break so dont expect they will solve anything

I don't want to sound negative but the problem for some of us existed a long time. I contacted my ISP 4 times about it the forth time propably because they got bored of me they send me a new hub. Problem still persists and is there. I don't want to try and change my ISP because of 12-18 month contracts and what if that doesn't fix the problem I'm stuck with a slower connection internet that doesn't provide enough bandwith for me. One thing i have noticed and i think others did too servers are more stable during weekdays but on weekends lag/delay intensifies and to add to that that dimensional raid servers don't lag for me same as olympiad.

I'm not a developer nether I'm a smart person but to be investigating the same problem for more then 6 months should give some results now. Just look at other versions of Lineage 2 like L2 essence it was lagging like crazy they fixed it in a few weeks. EU servers to stop bots flooding made that you could only box with prestige pack active. Server performance and capacity is very important but when server is mostly occupied by bots that run 24/7 it's pointless. And I know that this game is not active as it is before but if you check shops in aden surely i'ts possible to tell that enough ncoins are getting put in the game. 

L2 is only game i play right now apart from casual game of dota2.I spend so much time here i don't want to leave now.

1 hour ago, Juji said:

As a temporary measure, we will be adding a queue limit for the number of players connecting to the Live servers to reduce the latency delay. We are still waiting on the Dev team for the optimization fix.

People have bought boosts with real money and you put a queque limit in a server that dc every 2 hours? So only bots can stay online, greeting real money making solution for ncsoft, what about ppl that are wasting their real money cause of YOUR fault?

Edited by NuclearFusion
  • Like 1

All other MMORPG's in this world have amazing Holiday events that give out tons of holiday themed items, free potions and various type of exp events. What do Lineage II players get at NCWest servers? A login queue so it will be impossible for you to play during the holidays. Way to go @Juji ! You should've fixed this [...] months ago.

1 hour ago, Juji said:

As a temporary measure, we will be adding a queue limit for the number of players connecting to the Live servers to reduce the latency delay. We are still waiting on the Dev team for the optimization fix.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Hime said:

Other Notes

• We are actively investigating the server latency issue that is affected many players. Please bear with us as we work on a resolution. As a temporary measure, we will be adding a queue limit for the number of players connecting to the Live servers to reduce the latency delay.

Just make limit on IP 3 Clients, problem solved

• Like 1

In my opinion like always  source of problem are ppl. Ncsoft let them log more account so they start to log 10, 20 or even more toons after NC block again but they did not stop that. 

That why i think we have only 1 solution, put effective limit on maximum clinets log from 1 IP/Person etc(better FoToMoTo?) 

3 minutes ago, Saladyn said:

In my opinion like always  source of problem are ppl. Ncsoft let them log more account so they start to log 10, 20 or even more toons after NC block again but they did not stop that. 

That why i think we have only 1 solution, put effective limit on maximum clinets log from 1 IP/Person etc(better FoToMoTo?) 

With limits aprox impossible to solve problem. People yse 3-rd programs, emulators, changing IP. Even now who want on 1 computer play with full self party.

One of most easiest solution - increase 50-100% prestige, drop rune packs bonus, and decrease 50-100% all mobs/raids adena/drop - without prestige/rune. Its simple - not pay money - not getting aprox nothing - and this some 1000 low lvl afk parties not have any reason to log.

4 hours ago, Juji said:

tell you what, we pretend for we not know what you guys was done, and you change back the cpu limit to max, that your best option you can make. not saying this lie, so what you say?  to be honest, when you guys was limit client to 7, we was think, cpu use was to high, but this time, you cant say this, only 2400 logded toon naia have, theres no way we have latency lag for so low online member, you guys change server setting to making lag. nothing else we cant think! stop lie already

3 minutes ago, KissMyKnife said:

tell you what, we pretend for we not know what you guys was done, and you change back the cpu limit to max, that your best option you can make. not saying this lie, so what you say?  to be honest, when you guys was limit client to 7, we was think, cpu use was to high, but this time, you cant say this, only 2400 logded toon naia have, theres no way we have latency lag for so low online member, you guys change server setting to making lag. nothing else we cant think! stop lie already

At this moment (2359ppl) - no lag. And i was in timed zones - get normal drop/adena - lieke no lag.Here most interesting thing: lag showing on skills (skils not working or big reuze) - but skills working like without lag (this i see by how much im geting adena per 1h).

"We are actively investigating the server latency issue that is affected many players. Please bear with us as we work on a resolution. As a temporary measure, we will be adding a queue limit for the number of players connecting to the Live servers to reduce the latency delay."

TREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS they are causing the lag. Too many trees.

5 minutes ago, Bethra said:

"We are actively investigating the server latency issue that is affected many players. Please bear with us as we work on a resolution. As a temporary measure, we will be adding a queue limit for the number of players connecting to the Live servers to reduce the latency delay."

TREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS they are causing the lag. Too many trees.

...Why not.... last year  with this christmas trees was the same - cant move :)

• Like 1

@Juji@Hime

I used to spend 100's of $ on various store promotions but when i saw nothing back for that amount combined with the very poor customer service that is where i draw the line.
Poor customer service that can be outlined to:
- Auto reply canned answers, "solutions" that have nothing to do with the problem or completely ignoring the tickets and letting them time out automatically.
- Reported bugs not being fixed or taking over 2-3 years to be fixed.
- GM's giving wrong advice and unwillingness to undo their mistake when that results into monetary damage to me.
- GM's doing actions for other players due to game bugs but for same bug treat players differently in the type of help being given.
- Game bugs costing items which are then not being refunded.
- 90 days (3 months!) later we still suffer from the exact same issues with latency (server performance), granted it has been better at times but now we back to square one with yet again login queque.

I think you should understand all these reasons just ensure i will not buy 1 ncoin and more players will be joining this stance...

NCSoft really needs to work hard to improve their position on the market, other companies even fresh ones are gaining ground fast over you and pulling in players who quite likely will not return here or for that matter play any other NCSoft title.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Juji said:

after one month we can expect something like this:" We are still investigating the server latency issue, as a temporary measure, we will be adding VIP queue for Prestige Pack subscribers.

We know our fellow Pappenheims

I guess after they remove the queue in a few days and an unschedule maintance we will get GM buffs once and everything will be back to normal ( ofc it s irony talking) ... with our lag and dc and hit lag ...all into an ALL inclusive pack that we have paid !  ^^

Invest on server hardware, optmize connections, reduce the adena drop from farm zones, and please, pretty please, CLOSE THAT L2 STORE!

MAKE L2 A LIVE PLAYERS GAME AGAIN! and we all will se all these problems solved.

I agree with what Fotomoto said about the investments on server. And if they don't give a big upgrade on this server, game will slowly die (like it's already happening).

Please deve team, GM team, LISTEN TO YOUR PLAYERSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

• Like 1

It's very funny how it's always the same bla bla "I'll stop spending money, but I've spent thousands" - no you won't. Enjoy the queue, while you buy the next and next packs of ncoin.

@Juji

Limit boxing to prestige pack owners only, maximum of 2 clients per IP.

Put time limit on auto-hunt to like 6hrs a day.

Account creating requires prestige pack purchase?

There are so many things to be done here.

12 minutes ago, mixa said:

It's very funny how it's always the same bla bla "I'll stop spending money, but I've spent thousands" - no you won't. Enjoy the queue, while you buy the next and next packs of ncoin.

@Juji

Limit boxing to prestige pack owners only, maximum of 2 clients per IP.

Put time limit on auto-hunt to like 6hrs a day.

Account creating requires prestige pack purchase?

There are so many things to be done here.

now this sounds more legit than all.... I have left game for 6 years because of this nonsence came back to only find same thing every time??? nothing has changed with farming toons still bots in gog you kill they come right back ofc its a bot because all other toons stop when you kill an iss or even a damage producing toon...….. so can you and if you ban bots ban ip address to with finding out the actual ip because if theres a way to produce proxy servers theres always a backdoor to open the real one there in. but you guys are the smart ones ofc and cant fix this also?????

Edited by pappaPhat

@Juji and @Hime

Why don't you solve the bots on pavel island? It would solve the latency problem a lot.

Look at these places. As soon as you kill a ppl in place, the healer automatically resurrects and the dead ppl accepts. It is very fast.

Other areas where adena drops and many craft items have many bots, watch and do something.