Party Heal/Recharge

Berom

My question is simple:

Does anyone else have the same kind of problem?

Using Buffer/Healer/DD and using the party makro to heal/recharge "near party members".

A realy nice piece of s*** comes close to you and flaggs you, they "heals near party members" jumps onto the flagged character and initiates your death by getting flagged too.

I mean this guy is not even in my party but my heal/recharge jumps on to him and makes me flagged?

Few "pro" guys use this weakness to erase whole farming parties, no matter if "makrobotting" or not. Either you stop healing and die or you heal and die too as a result of getting a 50k hit with an one shot.

So I just want to know if you have the same kind of problem or do I understand the "party-thingy" wrong? Like Party -> (good vs bad races)

Disclaimer: In addition to this I can be wrong too because I only noticed it from the corner of my eyes on my 2nd display as I got dropped immediately but I wanted to hear your thoughts.

I'm not sure if this is the right section because I'd like to suggest an investigation or a change if someone has the same problem and it has to be move to the suggestion section.

Let me hear your thoughts :)

Thanks in advance!

How does a healer die by healing a flagged toon?

sorry im new so this is a real question.

Also if someone wanted to pk your party why would they try tricks to kill your party? why not just kill your party? is this so they dont go red? why bother there is no penalty for going red is there and if so it doesnt last very long either, just hit a few monsters.

i think getting people to drop gear would be a reason but i hear people do not drop gear anymore. not sure if its true.

22 minutes ago, degamad said:

Also if someone wanted to pk your party why would they try tricks to kill your party? why not just kill your party? is this so they dont go red? why bother there is no penalty for going red is there and if so it doesnt last very long either, just hit a few monsters.

i think getting people to drop gear would be a reason but i hear people do not drop gear anymore. not sure if its true.

A healer dies cause if u heal a flagged toon u get flagged yourself..but instead of a pk is a pvp

Gear doesnt drop anymore

Now about your question why would anyone do it (meaning the pvp and not the pk ) ? Cause if u can kill someone as pvp while is afk is better than get more pk counts ...Why do it ? Oh well that up to everyones mind and what they think at that moment ,so i dont have an answer for that

26 minutes ago, degamad said:

But they drop level% and if they are high enough they dont get any exp from the monsters which results in no tp, karma and running to towards the next city or farming spot. Therefor they use such tricks.

10 hours ago, Berom said:

My question is simple:

Does anyone else have the same kind of problem?

Using Buffer/Healer/DD and using the party makro to heal/recharge "near party members".

A realy nice piece of s*** comes close to you and flaggs you, they "heals near party members" jumps onto the flagged character and initiates your death by getting flagged too.

I mean this guy is not even in my party but my heal/recharge jumps on to him and makes me flagged?

Few "pro" guys use this weakness to erase whole farming parties, no matter if "makrobotting" or not. Either you stop healing and die or you heal and die too as a result of getting a 50k hit with an one shot.

So I just want to know if you have the same kind of problem or do I understand the "party-thingy" wrong? Like Party -> (good vs bad races)

Disclaimer: In addition to this I can be wrong too because I only noticed it from the corner of my eyes on my 2nd display as I got dropped immediately but I wanted to hear your thoughts.

I'm not sure if this is the right section because I'd like to suggest an investigation or a change if someone has the same problem and it has to be move to the suggestion section.

Let me hear your thoughts :)

Thanks in advance!

Yes there are many people going around doing that ..dunno why and what they have in mind !

If u wanna avoid the flag on your heal dont use progressive..use balance and party heal ! Unfortunately u cant do anything about the heal of iss ,so if u have healer in pt dont heal with iss!

Also make sure at options u have next target set to "monster "  so at least u avoid to take target on your dd a purple/ red toon and make sure when u are on afk mode to use skills that wont make u flag ( avoid aoe as much as it  can be) ,that way if someone wants to kill you will be with pk and not because u are flagged !

Anyway recommended is also not to leave totally unattented your toons ..thats at least what i do ;)

6 hours ago, Trixas said:

A healer dies cause if u heal a flagged toon u get flagged yourself..but instead of a pk is a pvp

Gear doesnt drop anymore

Now about your question why would anyone do it (meaning the pvp and not the pk ) ? Cause if u can kill someone as pvp while is afk is better than get more pk counts ...Why do it ? Oh well that up to everyones mind and what they think at that moment ,so i dont have an answer for that

if healer heals a flagged toon they just die?

Progressive Heal will not make you flag if you use while flagged players around.

What is possible though, is someone that is currently NOT FLAGGED, hit you in the very small window of when you start casting the skill and when the skills actually heals people around.

What happens is that when you start casting it it will list all applicable friendly(not flagged) targets around you, so it will include the so far not flagged malicious player but when it does heal, this player will have flag and get healed and make you flag.

Its not easy do to and if the person trying it fails, he will have to unflag to try again which takes times 2.

20 hours ago, degamad said:

lol damn i really wanted to see a healer auto explode... that would be reason enough for me to want to flag one :D

Ian, they don't auto explode LOL...  going pink, then pvp kill you (not pk) is the oldest trick in the book but that's really nothing.  you guys have not seen the days when scammer force you to PK them when you're afk macro and you loose hundreds of dollars, sometimes even thousands of dollars in equipment...  the whole point of auto macro is to assist you, is not designed for you to be AFK for 24 hours and never ONCE check in to see if someone "pink" you and killed you.  You'll do well if you check in once every 2 hours.  at least you'll loose xp less than 2 hours.  Repeat offense by the same person, on you continuously - is consider a bannable offense under "player harassment" which you can report by looking through damage log of who is the perpetrator.

Edited by GhostintheShell

On 12/25/2019 at 4:54 AM, GhostintheShell said:

Ian, they don't auto explode LOL...  going pink, then pvp kill you (not pk) is the oldest trick in the book but that's really nothing.  you guys have not seen the days when scammer force you to PK them when you're afk macro and you loose hundreds of dollars, sometimes even thousands of dollars in equipment...  the whole point of auto macro is to assist you, is not designed for you to be AFK for 24 hours and never ONCE check in to see if someone "pink" you and killed you.  You'll do well if you check in once every 2 hours.  at least you'll loose xp less than 2 hours.  Repeat offense by the same person, on you continuously - is consider a bannable offense under "player harassment" which you can report by looking through damage log of who is the perpetrator.

I just learned last night that provoke from a tank will flag him also..

So reds never drop items anymore?

I could swear i remember a long time ago dropping items on death even by monster..

On 12/24/2019 at 2:35 PM, Daikon said:

Progressive Heal will not make you flag if you use while flagged players around.

What is possible though, is someone that is currently NOT FLAGGED, hit you in the very small window of when you start casting the skill and when the skills actually heals people around.

What happens is that when you start casting it it will list all applicable friendly(not flagged) targets around you, so it will include the so far not flagged malicious player but when it does heal, this player will have flag and get healed and make you flag.

Its not easy do to and if the person trying it fails, he will have to unflag to try again which takes times 2.

I am almost absolutely certain that isn't possible.

The two ways he is likely flagging is his other characters are flagging somehow by doing a non-target aoe skill of some sort 

OR

someone from your healer's clan ran by your healer and was healed by your healer causing you to flag. I have personally seen this happen many times.

1 hour ago, degamad said:

I just learned last night that provoke from a tank will flag him also..

So reds never drop items anymore?

I could swear i remember a long time ago dropping items on death even by monster..

The provoke toggle from the tank will NEVER ever flag you but the active taunt skills will flag you.

tank was running in macro with provoke on but not using active taunt 3 man party iss dd and tank a pk'er came by and killed my iss and tank... my tank was flagged.

tank was running all other skills in macro but not taunt. maybe one of his other skills flagged?

i rez and started party and started up macro, pk'r cam back and killed iss and tank again this time tank and iss flagged but i think it was due to iss was healing at the time?

i was chatting with pk'r and he thinks it was maybe provoke aura thats why i thought it might be true.

Also healing with iss is a spam heal right/?

Edited by degamad
added another ?

On 12/26/2019 at 2:21 PM, HitsHard said:

I am almost absolutely certain that isn't possible.

The two ways he is likely flagging is his other characters are flagging somehow by doing a non-target aoe skill of some sort 

OR

someone from your healer's clan ran by your healer and was healed by your healer causing you to flag. I have personally seen this happen many times.

try it yourself

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/29/2019 at 1:26 PM, Daikon said:

try it yourself

I have tried it. I have ran tanks for over a year now and not once has my tanks flagged from the toggle. It is absolutely positively impossible to flag from a toggle.

Edited by HitsHard