Questing While on Party

DanRPS

Can we get those "drop X items from <group of monsters>" replaced with just "kill X amount of monsters"?
When on party, I've noticed that the items goes to only one of the party members.
And it also seems really random.

That makes the quest take double the amount of time to complete while on party.
Meanwhile, "Kill X amount of enemies" quests are done in half the time.

Either change the quests or make so that the item drops from the monsters goes to every party member, instead of just one at time.

Depends on the quest really. There are quests that go both ways, depending on if you are hunting in a party area or not. Take HB for example, Phantasmal Ridge (Party area) is 1 mob everyone gets quest item, but if you move out of ridge area (Solo or Small Group) its 1 mob give 1 quest item to only 1 person.

It should be like that, right?
But there seems to be a bug that even on quests where you have to just kill monsters, the amount doesn't add up.

In "To Calm The Flood", we need to kill 200 Satyrs and 200 Fairies.
My friend and I completed the "Kill 500 monsters" quest from our guild twice while doing only this quest.

We also found lots of bots, which we couldn't report since we can do that only 30 mins at time.

9 hours ago, DanRPS said:

It should be like that, right?
But there seems to be a bug that even on quests where you have to just kill monsters, the amount doesn't add up.

In "To Calm The Flood", we need to kill 200 Satyrs and 200 Fairies.
My friend and I completed the "Kill 500 monsters" quest from our guild twice while doing only this quest.

We also found lots of bots, which we couldn't report since we can do that only 30 mins at time.

The other reason that you might be seeing is that some quests do not stack up. If 2 quests as you to kill the same mobs, you will only get quest items for 1 of the 2 quests at a time. Also there are quests that are not 1 for 1 in quest items either. Some quests require you to kill up to 30 mobs to get 1 single quest item later on, so yeah, some quests just suck.

• 1 month later...

Worse of all, there are Kill mobs quests that do not give credit to more than one player at a time. (Dunno if this changed in salvation, but I remember the fairy kill quest not giving credit to everyone last year).

We need consistency, and also incentives to actually do stuff in partys. The core of this game is the social aspect, not the 14 year old graphics, and certainly not the VISA pvp.

Archived