Lineage II: Winter of War Begins on January 16

Hime

Hi everyone!!  I need more details concerning the recipes and recipe items that will be removed. Will the following items be removed?

- Recipes for armor/weapon  R-R99

- Upgrade recipes for Cokes, Leather

- Recipes for shots

- Armor/Weapon Fragments

- Accesory Gems

- Various mats such as Cokes, Leather, Durandril , Leather Braid etc (all levels)

Edited by Aegolar

1 hour ago, GhostintheShell said:

What?  you can't sell mats and receipes anymore?  Then how do we fund our shots?

You dont have to be a genius @golemka ...you use materials to craft and sell the items. FFS a recipe cost 150 000-450 000 adena.
Anyway, it appear you win argument with vitality...it will stay as it is...drops arent affectected. You can rest, no need to pay for your bot parties :)

also no mention of ncoin refund of vit items being removed.. maybe I didnt read all of the patch notes, just not for sale anymore but not being removed from accounts?

Plus all the xp runes for 1-85, that i could of used on other toons via the demensional wh keeper.. shady.. 

6 hours ago, CynDragon said:

Sorry for an eye-bleeder of a post but I think this needs to be brought to the devs' attention.

I read over the patch notes to determine whether or not two particular very expensive recipes would be included in those listed for compensation, but I saw no mention of them -- neither for deletion nor compensation. So I turned to support for clarification. They were very helpful and suggested I bring this to the forums for discussion.

I bought these recipes some time ago -- not when they first appeared in the player-driven market as there was no way I was paying over 3 bil per recipe... but once the price dropped to a little over 2 bil/ea I jumped on them. I'm talking about the Mysterious Soulshot (R-grade) and Mysterious Blessed Spiritshot (R-grade) recipes.

As many of you know, these recipes are hard to find and the MBSPSR recipe is rarely put up for sale either in player shop or the AH. Also, once the MSSR rec dropped to around 500 mil in price I bought them for a couple of clannies.

My point is, I spent over 2 bil on each rec (apart from the latter 2 when the price dropped) and they're not even on the list for compensation. Why is that? And thanks to support, it was confirmed that they're going to be deleted and that they "would not be able to grant...compensation request as this is intended by the Development Team."

I'm sure I'm not the only player who's doled out a large amount of adena for these recs after hunting them down, in my case for the better part of a year and I think it'd be a good idea if the devs added these to the list of ones that will be compensated... not to mention highly appreciated.

Lastly, is there a complete list of the new recipes that will be sold by this new NPC? I'm sure many of us would like to know if the mysterious shots are going to be included on these.

Here's the reply from support in its entirety. I'd like to thank GM SAI for the quick response and clarification.

First, thanks for this timely and informative post. I feel your pain.

But I'm just curious: What do you think would be appropriate compensation for the loss of those recipes? I've never known the GMs to compensate players for items purchased at "market value", or the grossly marked-up price that players set. I've also never known them to recompense anyone for time spent accomplishing any task in game achieving said item. At most they might give something of equal value as the "NPC store price" of the item. But something tells me in this case that is a vastly lower price than the billions that you paid for the recipe. Given that, I'm curious to know what your expectation of service is from NCSoft; what would make you whole?

Hellooooo @Hime@Juji@PhoenixMitra

In the patch notes it is stated that the Damaged Spellbooks will be deleted at 29th of Jan. Will the option to turn them into Forgotten Spellbooks stage 1 from the npc in Rune town last till the 29th or it is going to be disabled on this Wednesdays update? Furthermore, any updates on the Prestige Pack?

Update is in 3 days. CAN I GET AN ASWER PLEASE REGARDING THE DAMAGED SPELLBOOKS AND WETHER OR NOT I CAN EXHCNAGE THEM UNTIL THE 29TH OR ON THE 15TH THE RUNE NPC AND/OR THE OPTION WILL BE REMOVED?? ?? if u got the time tell us about the Prestige Pack and its alleged update!

Thank you

thank you for sharing the patch notes before the patch and not few days after, like you did in past updates!

thank you for answering asap on player questions and allow me to add a but.... or 2 

1st but is the mentor system, and the question why is the mentor guide's shop not updated? 

2nd is the circlet upgrade stones through the dim merchant, why dont we get that option?

and last how hard is to turn all the character bound  items to at least account bound if not completely tradeable?

@Juji i read the patch notes of the new update and compare them with the ones in the EU server, i have some questions regarding the exalted weapons. 

1. What will be the stats of these weapons and,

2. Everything looks fine about the effects on these weaps but i find PVE Dmg +10% missing out. Is that a kind of mistake or u removed that effect?

5 hours ago, ReaperGG said:

Hellooooo @Hime@Juji@PhoenixMitra

In the patch notes it is stated that the Damaged Spellbooks will be deleted at 29th of Jan. Will the option to turn them into Forgotten Spellbooks stage 1 from the npc in Rune town last till the 29th or it is going to be disabled on this Wednesdays update? Furthermore, any updates on the Prestige Pack?

Update is in 3 days. CAN I GET AN ASWER PLEASE REGARDING THE DAMAGED SPELLBOOKS AND WETHER OR NOT I CAN EXHCNAGE THEM UNTIL THE 29TH OR ON THE 15TH THE RUNE NPC AND/OR THE OPTION WILL BE REMOVED?? ?? if u got the time tell us about the Prestige Pack and its alleged update!

Thank you

Yes!  I really need to know this too.

2 hours ago, YujiroHanma said:

Can those who have finished the exalted quest not collect the rewards?(weapon and armor exalted)

was pve damage there when i was read it  first time, seems still not full patch note :D

1 hour ago, xRiol said:

yeah we get them as well

was there before, they remove it

Edited by KissMyKnife

7 hours ago, Mystikal said:

First, thanks for this timely and informative post. I feel your pain.

But I'm just curious: What do you think would be appropriate compensation for the loss of those recipes? I've never known the GMs to compensate players for items purchased at "market value", or the grossly marked-up price that players set. I've also never known them to recompense anyone for time spent accomplishing any task in game achieving said item. At most they might give something of equal value as the "NPC store price" of the item. But something tells me in this case that is a vastly lower price than the billions that you paid for the recipe. Given that, I'm curious to know what your expectation of service is from NCSoft; what would make you whole?

Given the fact this is a player driven market item it would be impossible to find out how much every person paid and come up with a fair compensation. 

So for these recipes I would suggest that they give the recs back (put them in your inventory) for everyone that has them currently registered.

To be honest that is what I would prefer.

• Thanks 2

On 2020. 01. 11. at 2:54 AM, Juji said:

The Forgotten Spellbook will be permanently added to the store. The Damaged Spellbooks stopped dropping in the last update.

No.

We have the same items as we do now in-game.

As far as I know, you get Atlas earring, when you finish your mentee training. So if someone is already over 105, won't be able to get this earring, unless you put it in the mentee npc's store. So this earring should be added to that list! Or maybe somehow distributed to the characters, who are already 105+.

@Juji @Hime

Nice that you published notes a few days a head. We can finally prepare for it. But still a few questions

1) With the disabling of the Faction System do the following things get removed/disable:

• Faction mounts: Can we still use them to teleport to e.g. Hellbound or Blackbird Campsite?
  • Faction teleports: Can we still use the NPC on Blackbird Campsite or Enchanted Valley to teleport to different regions? Especially Atelia Fortress region 3/4 is highly desired for the instance and/or Kelbim raid.
  • Faction talisman: Can we still use this? Will the effect still apply?
  • Faction items: I have a big stack of e.g. Giant Crystals, are these being removed? If not, can I still make them into a Giant Trackers Talisman?

2) With the removal of Appearance Scrolls:

• What will replace the Modify Armor/Weapon R-Grade scrolls inside instances on the loot tables?
  • Will we be able to sell them to NPC for adena?
  • Will the appearance scrolls for shield that drop in Outer Messiah still drop or also be removed?

3) With the change of the Mentee system, and the already posted removal of many mentee coins:

• Do we get alternative rewards? Raising mentees to lv105 and only be able to buy Unbind Scrolls and Elemental Stones while other regions get consumables like Freya Ice Rose kinda makes me wonder why the whole system got changed in the first place and what would make anyone raise alts or assist clan members at mentor to hit 105.

4) With the change of the crafting system:

• In the patch notes is mentioned only a few material recipes are being compensated with adena. Why only these? Or are these just an example?
  • What will happen with the old materials (e.g. Durandril, Orichalcum Wire)? Will they be able to be sold to the NPC for adena or become useless items?
  • Can we use the new materials as 'currency' to make Treasure Chests from NPC Moe in Giran?

5) I love that Exalted is getting another make-over *sigh* but ...:

• The Exalted rewards give out 3x Exalted Dye of STR, does this mean in the new system we only need 3 Dyes of one type to apply it? Or do players need to buy the other 7 from other players to be able to make a complete set of 10 to be applied?
  • Is applying the Exalted Dye free? If not, what is the cost?
  • Are the Stage 3 La Vie Brooch Jewels (e.g. Opal 3, Pearl 3) able to be combined to try make Stage 4?

6) Final one; Ether, the patch notes mention it all over but...

• Ether does replace the Energy of of Destruction or not?
  • If Ether replaces the Energy of Destruction, does that mean that Ether is being required to make add Bloody/Dark enhancements to Eternal/Amaranthine equipment?
  • If Ether does not replace the Energy of Destruction, how can players still obtain them since they are a requirement for the enhancement?
  • Can Ether be sold to the NPC for adena?
  • What is the purpose of Ether if none of these things above are valid?

Thank you. And I hope you're able to answer the majority of these questions.

• Thanks 2

Why remove mentee marks purchasable items like:

Blessed Scroll: Enchant Dragon Shirt - needed after update because everyone will get dragon shirt

Scroll: Enchant Expert's Mask - needed after update because every mentee will get one

Expert's Mask - must be avaiable to purchase since only lvl 104 or less will get one when they reach 105

Atla's Earring - same as expert mask

Blessed Scroll: Enchant Bracelet - for those who can't farm in Timed Zones and want to upgrade

Blessed Scroll: Enchant Circlet - circlets are free, enchants are needed

Fairy Agathion Charm - For those who don't have it, its free for new chars and give 3% m/p atk

So don't say the items are ment for other regions, they are ment for everyone that plays in this server.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, OutrangeouS said:

Blessed Scroll: Enchant Dragon Shirt - needed after update because everyone will get dragon shirt

Blessed Scroll: Enchant Circlet - circlets are free, enchants are needed

Wts Dragon&Circlet scrolls, cheap 1 bil/pcs B|

3 hours ago, Shoppy said:

5) I love that Exalted is getting another make-over *sigh* but ...:

• The Exalted rewards give out 3x Exalted Dye of STR, does this mean in the new system we only need 3 Dyes of one type to apply it? Or do players need to buy the other 7 from other players to be able to make a complete set of 10 to be applied?
  • Is applying the Exalted Dye free? If not, what is the cost?
  • Are the Stage 3 La Vie Brooch Jewels (e.g. Opal 3, Pearl 3) able to be combined to try make Stage 4?

New dyes only need 1 of each to make, so they give you 3x +3STR or INT dye, applying costs 100K adena I believe

Yes you can combine jewels to make lvl 4