Patch Notes for 2020.01.15

FoxFire

I can only assume that NC has had a meeting and come to the conclusion that they don't want anyone at all playing Lineage unless they're a whale.

Changing the Monster Naming Color Scheme, making Fish Stew untradeable/unsellable, making it so that crap recipes and crafting materials (many of which are ONLY good to NPC shop since the recipes aren't in the game, anymore...looking at you, Doom Robe set) are literally just an annoyance where you have to actively discard them instead of being able to sell them to the NPC shop for a bit of extra cash they are now going to sell for ZERO.

This is quite literally just trying everything you possibly can to squelch any and all free players and only retain those who spend money on xp runes and consumables.

Do you have any clue what these changes, especially the Fish Stew, are going to do to your casual player-base?  We will have absolutely ZERO ways to have incoming revenue to afford shots or anything else when we actually play.

This is a mistake; a serious misstep and you're going to lose even more of what precious little players you have.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

100%  agree. They will kill the game. That is not classic, this is buy to usless box for lots of euro.  They killed totaly the crafters. We are missing a shot recipe and olympiad. Skip this pach, we dont need it. Just skip. And  give us some cashless innovation to enjoy the game we dont want to spend 100 euro for 30 melody+30 cov/pof/wop + a lots of totaly useless things. We want to higher farm place where we are not 1 hit. And we want to good adena drop in higer farm place. U can earn 30x more adena low lvl palce than 76+. We are very tank you.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Holmanu said:

To play Wow you have to pay monthly, in the same direction goes Lineage 2 unfortunately.
We will probably go to illegal servers, for pvp and so on.

I would be 100% fine with paying $15 a month per account if it actually got me TRUE Lineage 2 Classic starting from OB and every 3 or 6 months they update it to a new Chronicle until HB then they wipe it and we start all over.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I guess this change with recipes and materials is a lazy attempt to control inflation caused by bots. And of course make the adena sellers raise the prices, so that l2store soulshots/spiritshots will be more competitive. Speaking of which... "Changed so that only the ‘Soulshot’ and ‘Blessed Spiritshot’ can be purchased in the grocery store/Dimensional Merchant." Really now? 

Also, "Characters with Lv.41 and above will cost 50,000 Adena when they are teleporting in Siege UI". What is this even supposed to mean? For every teleport in siege we will have to pay 50k?

If you want to prevent inflation from crushing the in game economy, then do something about the bots. Although if you cared about economy you would not run a p2w event every second week. 

• Like 3

This is very funy :D Just thinking. Starting from Wednesday, the currency will not be the ADENA in the market insted EURO xD Wyh? Because we have more Ncion than ADENA :D if we can't earn/ make adena we need to pay whit something, For example: If u want to buy 200 coal for craft u have to pay whit something but u dont have adena because all things will be 0 adena in the grocery and higer place is adena free zone :D U have to pay whit someting not? So u can feel the game whitout shot, 440 adena spirit ore, whitout crafters whitout high farm place, good siege whit all castle, but u can sell the lots of usless thing from the p2w event for euro. +30% TAX  I think DEAR ncsoft. If u dont have any idea for the UPDATE, PLEASE ask the player who is playing on the server. Just ask us what we need to feel this and we will spend a lots of money on what we love it.

Edited by Wollastonit
  • Like 1

Bringing back the AA and some of the lower level hunting zones like Apostate and such would be the best possible thing for the player-base as it would enable people to upgrade gear to grow with them instead and not have to rely on praying for drops or searching for weeks to find a specific piece of gear from the farce that is Giran's market.

An auction house would also help both lowbies and endgame players while squeezing out the bots who have the market cornered in things like Spellbooks etc.

Also...Spellbooks need to be VASTLY more common.  There's no reason why I should be able to run my party for an entire week on the mobs that drop the book I need and NOT get it.  I'm not paying 5+ million adena for a Spellbook from a bot who's got 100+ of them for sale.

Bring back more stuff to do while playing live, too...Wolves and Hatchlings would be an amazing thing because people would actually WANT to take care of them and NOT have them die etc.  If you bring those back, you'd need the AA system to get the Pet BRes, though.

Low level hunting zones???? Haha try high level zones.. @Juji This patch literally does nothing for the player except harm us. Just because we don't cry as much as Live players to get our way doesn't mean we don't care. Throw this crap patch in the garbage.. do not give us this update. It literally addresses nothing and creates more problems. High level zones are impossible to farm, A grade drop rate.. Siege is still useless, Olympiad.. High level raids also impossible due to them being buffed and no way to cancel the buffs or just not being able to debuff them at all. Literally the entire population is hard stuck in elemental zones.. What the bleep man... wake up.

We need a nerf to 80+ zones, and a buff to A grade drops.. Raids need to be able to be cancelled, siege/oly are a train wreck.. Make orfen/core/AQ/zaken level 80.. List goes on.

• Like 1

I cant imagine a worse set of ideas than this patch.  There is so much that needs to be fixed, but instead you just break whats left even more.  With the nerfed adena rates, its already nearly impossible to cover the cost of shots, but now you will remove Spiritshots and force mages to use Blessed Spiritshots?  You already made crystals almost worthless by removing SS craft from game, and now you will lower the adena value of crap items?  Noone is crafting anyway, and now you make mats and keys worthless as well?  WTF, seriously?  Maybe this would be ok if you tripled the adena rate or something, but instead you just cost us more and give us less?  All this while high end content is still broken.  Debuffs dont land on epics.  Cant cancel buffed bosses.  A grade gear is not attainable by the average player because of cloths and A-gems, which you could easily fix by giving us the L-Coin Store and adding A-gems to the grocery store.  The incompetence of the decision makers can only be deliberate at this point.  Why even introduce these patches in the first place?  All you do is drive more and more people from the game, as this patch certainly will.  You are making looping easier, which will just make it harder for people to find live players to play with.  You are making it more expensive adena wise to continue to play, which will force people to buy adena or quit...and most will quit I assure you.  This game is in a death spiral deliberately created by horribl decision making.  I understand all this is more than likely a test run for your new mobile version of the game, but why must you ruin the game for use while implementing and testing these things?  All you do is take away, and give nothing back.  You dont provide a way to replace what has been removed.  You should be embarrassed and ashamed of yourselves.

• Like 2

@Juji Did you guys have contest on who can come up with the patch ideas that would drive the most people out of the game, and this is the idea that won?

90% of the server bots because you have already driven most of the live players away.  The ones that dont bot are already looping 24/7, rarely even play live for raids or sieges.  Adena sellers have locked down all the best game content with complex scripts that automate everything from farming Butler for Golberg keys, to killing epics like AQ, Core, and Orfen within minutes of spawn.  The only content they are not farming is the content which you have broken....higher level epics where debuffs dont land, and you cant even cancel the buffs on the bosses when the Adena Sellers grief you by buffing the bosses that spawn at a fixed time.  A grade is not atainable by the average player who is not running a bot train in a Catacomb 24/7 because of the cost of cloths and A gems, and even those who have all the best gear are still a 1 shot in all the high level hunting areas.

So what do you guys do?  You make looping easier while making adena 10x harder?  Genius!  People dont craft anymore anyway because the A-gems make it too expensive, and cloths make it too expensive to unseal.  Crystals are worthless because you took shot crafting away.  So what is your fix to this?  Make mats and keys worthless, and lower the adena value of full items?  That is the literal opposite of fixing a problem.  Then to make things even worse, you remove Spiritshots so it will cost mages and healers 250% more adena to function?  Wow, you guys really freaking hate us, dont you?  

Please help us by fixing things, before making new problems for the few of us left.

We need epics raised to lvl 80 and put on a fixed spawn so that real players can at least compete with the bots and adena sellers

We need A gems in the grocery store and clothes to be farmable...maybe lets cloths be sold by Sven, like magic tablets are?

We need our debuiffs to land on high level epics like Baium and Antharas, and we need cancel to work on removed buffs 

And unless you are going to lower the price on Blessed Spiritshot significantly, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE dont remove spiritshots.

PS  WTF was the point of make siege porting 50k?  How was that even on someones mind?  Hard enough finding live players who even want to siege, you had to tax the shit out of us so even less people go?  

Edit to add:  PLEASE GIVE US THE L-COIN STORE!  The internet is a global thing, and we can see that you have given it to everyone else around the world.  Why must we be punished?  

Edited by TheBride
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Maybe you can fix 1 more thing while you are at it.......Why does the official site limit me to 2-3 different account logins per day?  I have a lot of accounts, and most of them are entitled to a rune, but for some reason your site blocks my IP from logging into my accounts after i have logged 2-3 in the same day.  So for I have only been able to retrieve rune on 5 of my accounts because of these login restrictions.  WTF?  

• Like 1

If they bring back lower level catas/necropolii and the Ancient Adena system and make it to where we can use that to upgrade and unseal gear then that would fix most of the issues surrounding A Grade gear and it would also help people level after Cruma but before the elemental zones since almost all of the 50-70 content has been taken out where you WON'T get stuck on a rock with auto-hunting and die.

Give the playerbase more incentive to play instead of just auto-hunting 24/7 with wolves or actual quests where bonus mobs spawn and you have to pick the right one via visual cues or SOMETHING.

Instead...this entire patch just incentivizes more AFK'ing and RMT'ing.

Edit: And, believe it or not, some of us are still left that don't like AFK'ing and RMT'ing.

Edited by FoxFire
  • Like 1

VIP 7 PLAYER SPEAKING HERE...(yeah I don't mind paying for some stuff but this...)

WOW...JUST WOW. I cannot believe my eyes, usually patches are something to be excited about, but this just leaves me speechless. Why would anyone do this to its player base? who THE HELL IS IN CHARGE OF MAKING AND IMPLEMENTING these decisions? I know you might want to control bots at ruins of agony or w/e but making materials and recipes worthless?  for real NOTHING IS GOOD about this patch. DISREGARD IT PLEASE ! we are better off without these ridiculous ideas. COUNT ME OUT OF YOUR GAME IF YOU DO NOT HEAR YOUR COMMUNITY WHATSOEVER. @Juji @Hime Please share our grieve to your superiors :(...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Can we please leave the automation of macros for the skillbar? i setup timed heals for my character hunter, and when i go to bed and setup buy shops, i setup chat messages for things im trying to buy with delays of 5 minutes each message.

i care more about the healing timer as i dont want it spam my mana to death each time the heal is off cooldown. please leave the macros to allow automation on the skillbar.

on a side note, we could make better automation if you allowed macros to call other macros. please consider allowing this.

I dont think has anything to do with bots or inflation.  Little by little they are turning this game into a mobile game.  We are an experiment.  If Lineage 2 Revolution was any indication of what Lineage 2 Mobile will be, we will simply buy everything from the shop and autofarm in the field.  The problem is they keep removing pieces of the actual economy without replacing it with the adena drops to replace it.  Even worse, they keep on adding content to yields ZERO adena, like elemental zones.  

People, this company doesnt know about his game, these admins of west doesnt know what is happening in game, they just make updates from korea and anymore, they never try to fix anything, since the begging of this server we have many and many of bugs and problems and they never fix that, new update means new problems and more bugs, the update means that the few things that are right must be ruined, its all. every "mega update" is worst and worst. so sad how the "official" server of lineage 2 classic is the worst server of the world, really....

Edited by Ank

There has been some really bad patches but seriosly?? THIS ONE SUCKS! You are going to make more people stop playing again is that what you are trying to do??? Seriously take note and read all these complaints there are ALOT of people against this!  @Juji and whoever else that can do something about this!  DONT let this patch happen! 

29 minutes ago, ELeos said:

I see people complain about recipes and mats.
That patch note you read was for Lineage 2 and NOT Classic.

screen17.jpg

plz dude, we are not kids of 10 years, we know read.... we know that in classic items R110 doesnt exist..... ppl like u are still paying to this server for worst and worst updates every week.

36 minutes ago, ELeos said:

I see people complain about recipes and mats.
That patch note you read was for Lineage 2 and NOT Classic.

• Changed so that Adena cannot be obtained when selling recipe and crafting materials to the store.

• Lowered the Adena acquired when selling No-grade~B-grade equipment to the store.

Try to keep up, brotato.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Ank said:

plz dude, we are not kids of 10 years, we know read.... we know that in classic items R110 doesnt exist..... ppl like u are still paying to this server for worst and worst updates every week.

People like me never spend a euro to this server playing vip 0.
If you read the comments there are people complaining about recipes and mats and THIS Classic patch has nothing to do with recipes and mats.
That doesnt mean I like the patch notes in any way.
Previous patches was bad too but noone(except dwarves) complain about.
Now you pay 22-28 adena for universal ss before you was paying ssd 10 ssc 16 who was the looser? the dwarves economy they became total useless.

Edited by ELeos

4 minutes ago, FoxFire said:
  • Changed so that Adena cannot be obtained when selling recipe and crafting materials to the store.

• Lowered the Adena acquired when selling No-grade~B-grade equipment to the store.

Try to keep up, brotato.

Only noobs sells materials and recipes to NPC's .
I have a crafter buying Yaksa heads 100k each for 10 days and noone sold me 1 yaksa head,they go sell it to NPC for 10k very clever.

Edited by ELeos

7 minutes ago, ELeos said:

Only noobs sells materials and recipes to NPC's .

Oh...well then...apparently we have the god of Lineage 2 walking amongst us.  Please deign us worthy to tell us what do YOU do with all of your materials and recipes, your majesty?? 

Do you craft every single one of them?  How can you do that when half of the recipes don't exist or the materials for some recipes don't drop/spoil at all, anymore??

Do you just throw them out??  Well then we can only assume that you are admitting to RMT'ing, in this instance, because that's literally just throwing away potentially millions of adena.

Do you sell them to other players???  Well...circle back to the very first question, then...no one would buy a recipe/material that is literally useless except to sell to the NPC.

Maybe actually read the damned conversation before just jumping in and completely embarrassing yourself by attempting to White Knight for NC, next time, eh?

Edited by FoxFire