Forums

Patch Notes for 2020.01.15

FoxFire

"With the nerfed adena rates, its already nearly impossible to cover the cost of shots, but now you will remove Spiritshots and force mages to use Blessed Spiritshots?  You already made crystals almost worthless by removing SS craft from game, and now you will lower the adena value of crap items?  Noone is crafting anyway, and now you make mats and keys worthless as well"

Better wake up or you will completely kill this game @Juji

Amazing how @Hime @Juji Cant even acknowledge this thread.  How little respect the entire chain of command has for NA players.  In fact, it goes well beyond lack of respect, because a simple lack of respect wouldnt explain why they go out of their way to punish us.  I have read some very simple and easy suggestions in this thread, fixes that there is no excuse not to implement.  But if the goal of the company is to move us towards a mobile version of the game, why not implement the parts that replace all the things you take away from us?  

They promised us "Classic" and we came.  They rewarded us with long queues and frequent disconnects just before finally getting in.....so people left.  They gave us lowered adena and drop rates than the rest of the L2 world so players couldnt afford to even play the game....so people left.  They promised us no P2W, and then rewarded us with back to back to back P2W events, with increasingly higher prices and progressively lower chances of succeeding.....so people left.  They added P2W boxes....and people left.  Not that they ever cared, but they officially threw in the towel against botters....and people left.  And now, a little over a year in, they give us a patch which will dramatically increase the cost to play, while drastically decreasing adena we can earn in game....and more people will leave.  Even the most loyal of L2 fans are waivering.  Conversations have changed to where players are just waiting for a new game to be released instead of the next L2 patch.  You are not only driving players away from L2, but from NCSoft in general.  How many of these people do you think will line up to play NCSoft's next game?  

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Hecatombe said:

Amazing how @Hime @Juji Cant even acknowledge this thread.  How little respect the entire chain of command has for NA players.  In fact, it goes well beyond lack of respect, because a simple lack of respect wouldnt explain why they go out of their way to punish us.  I have read some very simple and easy suggestions in this thread, fixes that there is no excuse not to implement.  But if the goal of the company is to move us towards a mobile version of the game, why not implement the parts that replace all the things you take away from us?  

@Hime @Juji to be honest...we know that you probably have no control in any of this.  Probably everyone here would just simply be happy if you just came out and said something like, "Sorry...this is happening for this reason or that...we really have no control and we feel for those who feel that it will hurt your play experience and we will miss you if you decide to leave.  We will definitely pass along your parting sentiments to Korea."

If you wanted to do one more better than that, maybe acknowledge our complaints, explain if we got something wrong or if the patch notes were translated wildly incorrectly (wouldn't be the first time,) and explain why certain, specific changes were actually made.

The second one is preferred but anything less than the first option is just making things so much worse by completely ignoring us entirely.  I used to play with a GM's actual toon...I can only assume that y'all play this game, too.  Just let us know that you're there with us...as it appears right now?  You're just not and none of us matter.

Thats a good point.  @Juji and @Hime are our representatives, and whether they have the power to change anything or not, it would be nice to know that they are on our side.

NCSoft has Lineage 2 Mobile in the works..... they announced L2 Remastered.... why put this much work and money into a game that the developers are so intent on killing?  Why alienate and drive away their fan/player base before these things can be released?  Surely they have to see a massive difference in revenues between their NA and Asian servers.  Obviously there are major differences between the versions of the game they release, but has no one in HQ ever floated the idea that the crap version of the game they force on us is the reason for it?  

I challenge NCWest to release a single "Classic" server with no P2W.  Either charge a monthly subscription, or maybe a 2 tier system where you can be 100% Free2Play or pay $10-15/month for a slight advantage.  Keep your NCOIN store, but have the item be cosmetic ONLY for some additional revenue.  Give us 100% drop ratesand a database, and then leave us the heck alone.  Guarantee we will have a higher population than all 4 of your current classic servers combined, and probably more than Live as well.  

Confirmed...the mods have read everything we've said.

They're not going to respond at all.

We have an answer to what we've been asking even if it's not the answer any of us were hoping for but were all expecting.

May as well just lock the thread.

22 hours ago, Mouah said:

you dont want see 50000000 bot? STOP TO BUY ADENA FROM GOLD SELLER WE ARE FULL OF BOT CAUSE YOU BUY ADENA if anyone buy from goldseller they dont gain money and dont stay on this game

what more can be said?

Played since C4 till GoD, returned to the very beginning of Classic, never bought a single adena in my life. Care to explain why I'm still seeing those bots?

17 hours ago, Kindlove said:

To NCSOFT:

Please at least consider the voices of many.

it's easier to simply ignore.

lastly These messages from people appear to be a genuineand love for L2 - the L2 that NCSOFT has created.

I don't see anything wrong with new patch notes and I just think everyone here is salty because the game is hard and needs responsibility as far as spending, maybe thats whats getting in peoples heads. 

We haven't even SEEN the new interface changes. How can everyone cry so much? Really this thread just makes me cringe very bad...

Try to strategize your economies and don't overindulge in needless spending and play the game by your own rules. You can make anything happen be it sustained economy farming, marketing items for profit, getting a good enough rank without third party software, working for the gear you want without giving money to bot farmers.

And if you want proof, just look in the game. These people are having fun playing the game, you won't find them complaining here on the forums.

3 hours ago, nutcase said:

I don't see anything wrong with new patch notes and I just think everyone here is salty because the game is hard and needs responsibility as far as spending, maybe thats whats getting in peoples heads. 

We haven't even SEEN the new interface changes. How can everyone cry so much? Really this thread just makes me cringe very bad...

Try to strategize your economies and don't overindulge in needless spending and play the game by your own rules. You can make anything happen be it sustained economy farming, marketing items for profit, getting a good enough rank without third party software, working for the gear you want without giving money to bot farmers.

And if you want proof, just look in the game. These people are having fun playing the game, you won't find them complaining here on the forums.

No one here has complained at all about the interface changes save for the 7 color mob naming scheme...how's that going to work when there's a WILD difference between a level 76 mob and a level 79 mob...at level 74, level 85 mobs will be white but good luck trying to kill them.

People unironically using the word 'cringe' makes me cringe.

"Sustained economy farming."  -- What economy?

"Marketing items for profit." -- With a broken and almost non-existent economy, this is near impossible.

"Getting a good enough rank." -- Need to have unsealed A Grade to even compete for rank and such.

"Working for the gear you want." -- I have a full 9 toon party in top B Grade because I did just that...what's your suggestion to get the 4.5 billion I'd need to get A Grade armor for them?  My plan was to keep on keeping on with how I got them in to B Grade by being frugal, selling useless patterns/recipes, fishing, etc...but that's all out, now, and they ruined fishing with the Blizzard Chill boxes.

"Just look in the game." -- My toons are grinding xp and element as I'm typing this...people can call out bad ideas while also playing the game.  Your argument is invalid.  EDIT: Meanwhile, you're begging for free Premium stuff on these forums...guess you're not as happy as you insinuate?

Edited by FoxFire

43 minutes ago, FoxFire said:

No one here has complained at all about the interface changes save for the 7 color mob naming scheme...how's that going to work when there's a WILD difference between a level 76 mob and a level 79 mob...at level 74, level 85 mobs will be white but good luck trying to kill them.

People unironically using the word 'cringe' makes me cringe.

"Sustained economy farming."  -- What economy?

"Marketing items for profit." -- With a broken and almost non-existent economy, this is near impossible.

"Getting a good enough rank." -- Need to have unsealed A Grade to even compete for rank and such.

"Working for the gear you want." -- I have a full 9 toon party in top B Grade because I did just that...what's your suggestion to get the 4.5 billion I'd need to get A Grade armor for them?  My plan was to keep on keeping on with how I got them in to B Grade by being frugal, selling useless patterns/recipes, fishing, etc...but that's all out, now, and they ruined fishing with the Blizzard Chill boxes.

"Just look in the game." -- My toons are grinding xp and element as I'm typing this...people can call out bad ideas while also playing the game.  Your argument is invalid.  EDIT: Meanwhile, you're begging for free Premium stuff on these forums...guess you're not as happy as you insinuate?

•              What Im saying is; We havent SEEN the update with our own eyes. How can you be so judgemental towards something you don't even know how it actually feels/looks/applies to game. Just based on some patch notes that NCSoft put on google translate that not even they can understand 100% what they are saying.
  • ---- What does broken non existent economy mean? Every server has unique economy that varies across time depending on various things, namely events.
  • I got to lvl 81 with sealed dark crystal robes. of course some classes might be more dependent on the unsealed effects. i wasnt. already was super fast.
  • -what 4.5 billion?? my a dc robes cost me 30 mil. I was lucky with the event and got 5x cloth piece. But unsealing is not even necessary.
  • So I see you speak about gearing up a whole party with A armor. Well you arent supposed to do that. Thats end game content right there. A whole party with A grade at once??? This is what B grade and enchant scrolls are for.
  • And lets say i had to pay for my cloths. thats  ~50kk times 7, thats 350kk, so around 400kk for unsealed A armor. With a lot of work u can make that kind of money either with farming for long times, or actually investing in the market. You don't have to spend a dime. Just Buy low and sell high. Jesus. We all know this.
  • You can still get quivers for 10-20-30 million. If you keep stuff like this until say April, or June, they price will be tripled or even more.
  • B grade quiver can go for 100+ million. etc etc...
  • when event happens u have to take advantage of people selling cheap items and hoard them so u sell them when prices go up.

I didnt say anything about you not playing the game. What I am saying is that there ARE people who do all this stuff with a lot of hard work using their MINDS and actually HAVING FUN while doing it and not complaining all the time on the forums like you people do.

Also, me asking for something from admins is my freedom of expression and is in no way related to what we are talking about here.

This thread is just constant nagging and crying. Why is nobody excited about the new interface changes? I honestly am. I like it when we see updates like that since it feels like a breath of fresh air.

5 hours ago, nutcase said:

•              What Im saying is; We havent SEEN the update with our own eyes. How can you be so judgemental towards something you don't even know how it actually feels/looks/applies to game. Just based on some patch notes that NCSoft put on google translate that not even they can understand 100% what they are saying.
  • ---- What does broken non existent economy mean? Every server has unique economy that varies across time depending on various things, namely events.
  • I got to lvl 81 with sealed dark crystal robes. of course some classes might be more dependent on the unsealed effects. i wasnt. already was super fast.
  • -what 4.5 billion?? my a dc robes cost me 30 mil. I was lucky with the event and got 5x cloth piece. But unsealing is not even necessary.
  • So I see you speak about gearing up a whole party with A armor. Well you arent supposed to do that. Thats end game content right there. A whole party with A grade at once??? This is what B grade and enchant scrolls are for.
  • And lets say i had to pay for my cloths. thats  ~50kk times 7, thats 350kk, so around 400kk for unsealed A armor. With a lot of work u can make that kind of money either with farming for long times, or actually investing in the market. You don't have to spend a dime. Just Buy low and sell high. Jesus. We all know this.
  • You can still get quivers for 10-20-30 million. If you keep stuff like this until say April, or June, they price will be tripled or even more.
  • B grade quiver can go for 100+ million. etc etc...
  • when event happens u have to take advantage of people selling cheap items and hoard them so u sell them when prices go up.

I didnt say anything about you not playing the game. What I am saying is that there ARE people who do all this stuff with a lot of hard work using their MINDS and actually HAVING FUN while doing it and not complaining all the time on the forums like you people do.

Also, me asking for something from admins is my freedom of expression and is in no way related to what we are talking about here.

This thread is just constant nagging and crying. Why is nobody excited about the new interface changes? I honestly am. I like it when we see updates like that since it feels like a breath of fresh air.

You also assume that we aren't having fun with the game...we are here voicing our opinions specifically because we enjoy the game and want it to be the best that it can possibly be. 

Your stance makes it seem like you are in opposition of the game actually improving...the fact that you said that you went with sealed DC Robes instead of a Demon set or something actually useful tells me that you are someone to whom we should pay VERY little heed to as far as knowing how the game works and should function.

Let's all acknowledge that sooner or later inflation would destroy the economy and would make the game unplayable for all legit players. Just 24 hours after the siege, the accumulated tax in Giran was around 120m. If I am not wrong, when the tax rate is set at 0%, the tax revenue comes only from a percentage (10% at most) of the sales to npc merchants. Meaning, that over a billion adenas was made just by selling crap to stores. If Giran has 500 active players (lol), this means 2m per player, per day.

However, this update really destroys any chance for a new player to catch up. Sure crafting and buying C grade and B grade will become much easier and cheaper. But with adena drops as a sole source of income for new players, everything will be unreachable, even at low prices. The only alternative given by NC West to new players is the high grade starter pack in l2 store. As if they are saying "New player? Great! Look at this amazing offer we have for just 5 dollars! Don't want to pay? GTFO!". Of course this is a p2w game, of course you will eventually have to pay if you want to play for more than a month. But this will make people to quit after their free duals expire.

Give players alternatives to earn adena. With quests with dialogues with npc that needs logic that cannot be automated, maybe better untradeable rewards at 40 lvl dungeons.

As more and more quit, without new players this game will die. What makes me uncomfortable is that the new update is not fair for the new legit players and the providers make nothing to change this. And the worst part is that this seems deliberate and calculated.

• Thanks 1

@Juji Are you going to respond to any concerns? Theres no way for players to farm 80+ zones we have to farm elemental zones with 0 income. Farmers grief raids by buffing them 24/7 and they cant be killed, they also get nerfed by high level characters because we have out leveled all epic bosses that can be killed (Zaken, Core, Orfen, Ant Queen). There is nothing to pvp over, there is no way to farm or gain adena through hunting the basis of Lineage 2 Classic. You're going to force your player base which has near 0 income to pay 3 times more for shots with nothing to make up for it. You're not allowing useless mats/recipes to be npced when crafting is largely useless for 95% of items(A gem/Cloth peice/A grade enchants). Mostly due to the fact the drop rate and 80+ mobs being over powered and dropping less adena/drops than level 20 monsters. Juji a level 85 mob gives terrible drops and adena with 200,000-300,000 HP.... Olympiad feels unrewarding, Siege is boring since the removal of Aden siege. You're not providing anyway for your average player to progress anymore. Raid bosses cannot be cancelled which leaves 0 chance to kill them and in Baium/Antharas cases cannot be debuffed enough to kill them anyways. You dont seem to take anytime to respond to concerns in the classic community yet you're posting in Live server threads. You're letting us all down. These changes need to be halted immediately and we need real fixed for the problems plaguing classic. I didn't even get into mergers or transfers because if you dont fix these other problems that wont matter.

In short, please acknowledge something. Help us. I want to give you more money but the effort you guys are showing is close to none for classic.

• Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, woopwoop said:

@Juji Are you going to respond to any concerns? Theres no way for players to farm 80+ zones we have to farm elemental zones with 0 income. Farmers grief raids by buffing them 24/7 and they cant be killed, they also get nerfed by high level characters because we have out leveled all epic bosses that can be killed (Zaken, Core, Orfen, Ant Queen). There is nothing to pvp over, there is no way to farm or gain adena through hunting the basis of Lineage 2 Classic. You're going to force your player base which has near 0 income to pay 3 times more for shots with nothing to make up for it. You're not allowing useless mats/recipes to be npced when crafting is largely useless for 95% of items(A gem/Cloth peice/A grade enchants). Mostly due to the fact the drop rate and 80+ mobs being over powered and dropping less adena/drops than level 20 monsters. Juji a level 85 mob gives terrible drops and adena with 200,000-300,000 HP.... Olympiad feels unrewarding, Siege is boring since the removal of Aden siege. You're not providing anyway for your average player to progress anymore. Raid bosses cannot be cancelled which leaves 0 chance to kill them and in Baium/Antharas cases cannot be debuffed enough to kill them anyways. You dont seem to take anytime to respond to concerns in the classic community yet you're posting in Live server threads. You're letting us all down. These changes need to be halted immediately and we need real fixed for the problems plaguing classic. I didn't even get into mergers or transfers because if you dont fix these other problems that wont matter.

In short, please acknowledge something. Help us. I want to give you more money but the effort you guys are showing is close to none for classic.

I can 100% confirm that @Juji @Hime and @Hyunkel have all read every single thing here based on certain things.

They're not going to respond or they would've, by now.  My guess is that they were ordered not to because it would be because they only have two options...alienate the playerbase which is already alienated by this update or alienate NC which would get them fired.

Our only hope is that the patch notes were mistranslated, at this point.

You can't expect GM's to respond to this clutter of dozens of different opinions about what should change.

Of course I want some things to change.

For example.

Yes I agree that elemental zones are impossible to farm with no income (after 80+ especially)

But maybe there is a reason it is like that. Maybe we are not supposed to farm there so often.

We can voice our concerns tidy in different threads titled about a specific issue. This is just nagging about so many things. 

Also. I am waiting to see the update with my own eyes. Then maybe I will agree if its crap.

Also about mats recipes not being tradeable to grocery....

Its not that big of a deal. Like, if u farm for long periods in low lvl areas u get some gear D C grade which sells for much more than mats and recs.

38 minutes ago, nutcase said:

You can't expect GM's to respond to this clutter of dozens of different opinions about what should change.

Of course I want some things to change.

For example.

Yes I agree that elemental zones are impossible to farm with no income (after 80+ especially)

But maybe there is a reason it is like that. Maybe we are not supposed to farm there so often.

We can voice our concerns tidy in different threads titled about a specific issue. This is just nagging about so many things. 

Also. I am waiting to see the update with my own eyes. Then maybe I will agree if its crap.

Also about mats recipes not being tradeable to grocery....

Its not that big of a deal. Like, if u farm for long periods in low lvl areas u get some gear D C grade which sells for much more than mats and recs.

Someone specifically posted about a specific thing in the patch notes and @Hyunkel commented with a link to THIS thread and locked that other thread.  Your argument is invalid.  This is the designated thread to discuss any and all concerns or hopes for the new patch.

Perhaps you missed the part of the patch notes where it said that ALL gear B and lower will have their NPC prices SIGNIFICANTLY reduced.  Hate the patch, yet?  Also, no...selling 50 recipes for Steel Frame is way more adena than selling a single pair of Low Boots which are wildly less common.  I'm just basing this on the average drops I've seen from RoA with my newest toons, by the way.

It's so funny how everyone normally is excited about the upcoming stuff that comes out soon. Think about the new car, the new bike, the new Drumset, w/e...

And then there is L2..... HAHAHA

In 2019 I spend the same amount of money on this game as on my bikes because I finally saw an opportunity to catch up with the big guys to be able to compete in end game pvp. Auto farming made that happen. I even found some lowbies that felt the same so we teamed up and formed a clan. We are all very close to 80 now.  We accepted to buy nc items and sell them to make some adena since nothing drops in elemental zones...

But yea... i Guess that was it. No Auto farm = no end game and no endgame = no motivation to play which results in no more vip 7 member for NC... GJ you made it (still in believe anyone of them actually read something of this hahahahahaha)

I don't know if any of you guys noticed, but there used to be a sticky thread with the upcoming patch notes, and it disappeared the day after this topic was created. I wonder if it's because they're changing something about the patch notes after all the complaints or if they're just sweeping everything under the rug until the patch comes like they usually do. 

On 9/8/2019 at 10:20 PM, Hammerforge said:

@Juji 

I'll Piggyback off KillerPrice, After your Kamael update you broke Cancel, and made epic raid bosses impervious certain debuffs like Block Shield and Block Windwalk

You have broken the game mechanics, this should be a #1 priority for you to fix game mechanics.

1.  We should be able to Cancel buffs placed on a raid boss

2. We should be able to debuff epic raid bosses (Baium, Antharas, Zaken) with Block Shield, Block WindWalk, Nuker Vortex's 

I have been bringing up the issues about Cancel on Raid Bosses since Sept 8-- The ability to debuff, Epic raid bosses like Zaken, Baium, Antharas, with Block Shield, Block WW, etc and to Cancel them..... No reply 

Posted October 16, 2019

@Juji

@Schlickmann don't forget Cancel, it doesn't work.  You cannot cancel any buffs put on the raid bosses.  Please for the love of all that is programing fix this.  We should be able to CANCEL buffs put on raid bosses with the skill from the Spellsinger, Sorcs, DA panther cancel, how about even the SoulHound with steal divinity....

HammerForge

NO REPLY

@Juji

You ninja fixed the hero weapon tickets for the 15 day timer weapons, but you don't actually fix things that need fixing.  Like being able to Cancel buffs off raid bosses, the ability to land all our debuffs on raid bosses like Baium/Antharas.  They were broke after the kamael introduction and you still haven't addressed or fixed it.  The ability to make adena to support your hunting and cost of using shots, still broken.  

What the is wrong with you guys? were is the content update? which we don't care about, fix the stuff that's the broken.  And for heaven's sake publish your fixes, why so secretive?

HammerForge

Again---- No Reply

I've submitted Tickets to report the issue, its been pushed up and escalated and nothing else is heard... submit a ticket to the big black hole that is your customer service NCSOFT.

@Juji, We aren't asking for much.  Please fix the issues with the game mechanics..... Its ridiculous that its been broken since the Kamael update August 7ish 2019,  and nothing has been done to fix it... 

To be a little positive, I'm looking forward to the new changes with the UI, and the way skills can now be used/toggled to autouse and the increase speed on the autonexttarget loop.

HammerForge

5 hours ago, woopwoop said:

@woopwoop

I agree with everything you say, minus you didn't add the fact that not only are they buffing the RBs, they are out aggrowing lvl 84 tanks with dds and running the boss off to reset over and over until there is no point to continue.  A 30 mins boss, becomes a 1hr event which results in nothing but griefing from the farmers with zero rewards for your time and effort.  

@Juji

So what can we expect from you as a producer? The community has been bringing up issues non stop...some are /cries...some are just complaints...but an overwhelming amount have merit.  I did a posted a topic :  Oct 10th.... no reply to numbered issues...nothing about, we are looking into it.  You claim that this forum is where we voice our concerns and report issues.  But 90% of the time or higher, our concerns, bug reports, game mechanic issues go unanswered.  So if you haven't had time to see that post, enjoy the quick read... Where there is no content, there were be no people/players ….if the content goes, the players go....

Where did the Content go?

By Hammerforge, October 10, 2019 in General Classic Discussion

• Thanks 1

I agree with everything you say, minus you didn't add the fact that not only are they buffing the RBs, they are out aggrowing lvl 84 tanks with dds and running the boss off to reset over and over until there is no point to continue.  A 30 mins boss, becomes a 1hr event which results in nothing but griefing from the farmers with zero rewards for your time and effort.  

So basically you want to farm all bosses alone w/o anyone to contest them? this is what L2 is, what was i supposed to do to stop your raids? Let you enjoy free farm and when get tired of it will be my turn to kill them?
Farmers? We are a cp of 9 people which survived since server start to nowadays, we fought against the russians contesting their rbs lvl 70+, nerfing and winning loot on damage and epics, while the whole server were going only to leech xp from them. Dude, while inside GOSU urs guys were Going to raids hitting them w/o shots.. 

@Juji :jewji: 

why don't you help people who play via remote? they want to make bosses in 5min, no PvP, no fun, just want free farm (the leader only had 10 months of bosses and still has a set + 0 and gun + 0, he doesn't sell anything! I swear, haha)

follow a video of a zaken made in 4 hours

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ruU53ja8m1Q&t=121s

"oh my god we don't have time for this." DO NOT PARTICIPATE.

Why is zaken being taken from a tank by a DD? Missing a good tanker? or lack of a better DD?

We don't know, laughs.

I'm just answering because I can't keep my laugh to myself, you love me, and my name gives you fear ...

Loving hugs,

Beppler