Patch Notes for 2020.01.15

FoxFire

As I leveled up I found myself unable to afford shots on all my dps so I rationed down the number of DPS using shots. Once I hit 80+ I found myself only able to afford shots on one of my DPS. Even then I was only barely covering the costs with no hope to save up adena to buy gear upgrades. I was forced into running a second party in patriots to raise funds to upgrade gear and pay for extra shots. With these changes I'm definitely no longer paying for VIP on the second party and I'll probably just let the VIp fall off my mains as there's no point to gaining xp faster when I cannot afford the gear I need for the higher levels anyway. If I had known these changes were coming I would of re-rolled my fortune seeker into an Elemental Master for dat extra DPS on the cheap. Since ncsoft has managed to find a way to make spoil even more worthless than before. I do have to congratulate them on that as I hadn't thought it possible.

At this point I petition they remove the dwarf class as they serve no purpose. Their existence just confuses the few new players the game gets a year...

Post patch the optimal PVE party is basically a tank (assuming the DE summoner pet doesn't tank well enough) two healers a wc and a bunch of summoners because running shots is too expensive and BW leather on a summoner with a CMG is "good enough" for 80s...

EDIT : My favorite part about this is how NcSoft continues to remove content every patch. It's like they don't understand that patches especially "big" hyped up patches like this are supposed to actually add stuff to the game. Things to do things to earn things to spend in game time doing...

Edited by Tool_of_Society

@Juji

What was wrong with the update that it needs to be delayed?  What is going to be changed?  Can you update the patch notes to reflect the changes?  Will Red Libra still be coming on 1/15?  Will Maintenance still be happening on 1/15 and on 1/16 or will it just be on 1/16?

I think that the saddest thing about this patch, aside from the complete silence from our producers, is that normal L2 gets a lot of stuff while L2 classic only gets the new auto hunting system and stuff getting deleted from the game. We really are the low man on the totem pole. 

9 hours ago, Psychocat said:

I think that the saddest thing about this patch, aside from the complete silence from our producers, is that normal L2 gets a lot of stuff while L2 classic only gets the new auto hunting system and stuff getting deleted from the game. We really are the low man on the totem pole. 

Yeah NcSoft is the only company I know that actively removes content from their game every major patch. I don't even actively play the game anymore because there really isn't much to actually actively engage in. Run my farm groups 24/7 only stopping to do a clan arena boss and then back to macroing...

I am worried that NcSoft korea is getting drunk on the mobile market (their biggest source of income bar none) and are trying to work classic into that direction....

19 minutes ago, Tool_of_Society said:

I am worried that NcSoft korea is getting drunk on the mobile market (their biggest source of income bar none) and are trying to work classic into that direction....

Mobile market in general has ruined a lot of games especially in Asia, where companies get insane money from gacha. Why bother caring about the balance of a game, content and customers who play for free™or will only issue a one-time payment at best to purchase the game, when there are people willing to throw thousand dollars in gambling to get an item that will boost your stats to insane levels? L2 Classic is just an experiment to see if the western market is ready to embrace the mobile gacha system in full. 

Edited by Psychocat

1 hour ago, Psychocat said:

Mobile market in general has ruined a lot of games especially in Asia, where companies get insane money from gacha. Why bother caring about the balance of a game, content and customers who play for free™or will only issue a one-time payment at best to purchase the game, when there are people willing to throw thousand dollars in gambling to get an item that will boost your stats to insane levels? L2 Classic is just an experiment to see if the western market is ready to embrace the mobile gacha system in full. 

Eventually NcSoft will run into a wall as there are far too many choices on the PC platform to stick to an old way out of date game that requires P2W style spending to compete. I can spend 15 bucks a month and get a far better gaming experience in WoW classic. I've resisted so far because I rather enjoy making macro parties work optimally and then there's the nostalgia factor. Although NcSoft's insistence on giving us a gutted version of classic certainly limits the effects of the nostalgia factor...

The patch is just the tip of the iceberg, a significant number of the players who comes to play classic comes to find the "old magic". The feeling when you only runs 1 client in full screen with sound on! Chat with clan, level and gear up together, fight for raids and sieges.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-1yRFXBc1k8&

Instead of that, we just do something like:

"Lets start the full party afk macro farm somewhere, cannot die because of penalty, cannot use shots because of cost, well whatever maybe it will be better later."

The framework (server settings) not support the oldschool feeling, however most of  the players do not have the time to be a "hero" anymore either. We just do some multi-window farm simulator.

About the adena question, choose one:

- Very little adena drop and income, longer and more controlled inflation.

- Normal adena drop and income, faster and more insane inflation.

1 hour ago, Karesz said:

The patch is just the tip of the iceberg, a significant number of the players who comes to play classic comes to find the "old magic". The feeling when you only runs 1 client in full screen with sound on! Chat with clan, level and gear up together, fight for raids and sieges.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-1yRFXBc1k8&

Instead of that, we just do something like:

"Lets start the full party afk macro farm somewhere, cannot die because of penalty, cannot use shots because of cost, well whatever maybe it will be better later."

The framework (server settings) not support the oldschool feeling, however most of  the players do not have the time to be a "hero" anymore either. We just do some multi-window farm simulator.

About the adena question, choose one:

- Very little adena drop and income, longer and more controlled inflation.

- Normal adena drop and income, faster and more insane inflation.

The only time I played with one account was in the closed and open beta. That was enough to teach me that I needed to buy at least one more copy of the game so I could level up with an attached buffer. By the time 2005 rolled around I had five accounts that I manually played with just the old school macros. I only had two machines then so I had to do some alt tabbing on the main computer. The secondary machine ran the OL and SE so I only had to alt tab on that machine once every 20 minutes. THis happened because I decided to go SPS when the game went live and I needed a mana battery and buffs. The SE was the first account and the second was for the OL and things snowballed from there as I realized the SPS was excellent at PVP but terrible at PVE/leveling. Despite that "handicap" I was able to use full shots and still make money to gear my accounts up back then..Which I can't really do now....

The death penalty has always caused issues with parties. The biggest being that people didn't randomly party because they were too worried about losing XP. You could only get into parties if you knew the right people or had proved your reliability prior (a nice catch 22).

Inflation is only an issue because NcSoft refuses to spend some money to fund effective means of combating bots. It's typical NcSoft short sighted behaviour. Why spend money now to insure income years from now when you can just keep the money and list it as profits!!

Still not one single answer about the intention of Blessed Soulshot and Spiritshots being removed, autofarm nerf, cutting our income while having no income when hunting at elemental areas and so on and on... Epic. 

Edited by husk

1 minute ago, husk said:

Still not one single answer about the intention of Blessed Soulshot and Spiritshots being removed, autofarm nerf, cutting our income while having no income when hunting at elemental areas and so on and on... Epic. 

So I didn't have a PC for the past 6 years...so I was playing FF14 on PS4.

I had a truly max-level character: Level 60 on all job classes with full Relic Weapon on every one of them and almost top raid gear with materia for every single one of them as well as my own Free Company complete with FC House in Limsa and my own personal Mansion (very first Chocobo Mansion on Lamia server.)

I quit FF14 because I went on vacation and refreshed my housing timers (if you don't enter them for 45 days they repossess them) the day I left...11 days later I came back from vacation and one of my houses was repossessed; the mansion.

I contacted SquareEnix support and they confirmed that, yes, the house was taken back in error but that they weren't going to do anything about it because someone had already bought it and it wouldn't be fair to that new person.  Literally hundreds of millions of gil just poofed out of existence.

I quit after that...want to check my toon, check the Lodestone (Verthande Chere.)  I'll never go back to FF14 and I *HIGHLY* recommend no one else goes there even if I didn't have this experience as that game is spiraling out of control, too.

The reason I'm sharing this is:

1. I cut my teeth on Lineage 2 since Open Beta and then went on to be the top Chanter in the world in Aion (was between me, Facelift, and one other Korean dood that kept taking it.)

B- Coming back to Lineage 2 was supposed to be amazing and I still see the sparks of what I used to love in Classic and I've been playing for hours a day every single day since the beginning of November, when I got my new PC.

Finally, SquareEnix's GM/customer service was absolutely terrible...some of the worst I've ever experienced and I live under Comcast's boot...

...but at least they responded to their players.

5 minutes ago, OmaeWaMouShindeiru said:

Well guys was a pleasure to play with all of u but this patch kill all my hope about L2 Classic...
No more loop Buffs, Heals, etc

Time to play WOW Classic or any other sh**

I've been playing Nioh for the past two days.  Also downloaded Scarlet Blade...a lot more fun than you'd think.

Going to try out the new patch tonight when I get home from work and make my decision.

5 minutes ago, FoxFire said:

I've been playing Nioh for the past two days.  Also downloaded Scarlet Blade...a lot more fun than you'd think.

Going to try out the new patch tonight when I get home from work and make my decision.

Oh it's stupid in ways I never dreamed possible. It's almost hilarious in it's ineptitude and tone deafness. The botters are going to do great though so I guess good for them. Meanwhile I'm clicking every single buff on every single person in my party because none of the buff macros work now. Bonus points they couldn't even bother to give the BD or SWS a bone with auto song/dance usage either lol.

1 minute ago, Tool_of_Society said:

Oh it's stupid in ways I never dreamed possible. It's almost hilarious in it's ineptitude and tone deafness. The botters are going to do great though so I guess good for them. Meanwhile I'm clicking every single buff on every single person in my party because none of the buff macros work now. Bonus points they couldn't even bother to give the BD or SWS a bone with auto song/dance usage either lol.

I thought they specifically said that songs/dances could be auto'd now?

So there's no way to do auto-buffs at all?  Wasn't that the entire point??

4 minutes ago, FoxFire said:

I thought they specifically said that songs/dances could be auto'd now?

So there's no way to do auto-buffs at all?  Wasn't that the entire point??

Nope couldn't get my songs or dances or WC buffs or EE or Bish buffs to auto cast except the self buffs. I tried rebinding on the hotkey bar and messing with the options but it refused to work. It doesn't help that the UI is a train wreck.

This will be the final nail for me unless something changes or new information comes to light. I'm not going to click song/dances individually every 5 minutes AND each buff individually every 20 minutes. That's madness for a game that requires hundreds of hours of sunk time to see the xp bar move.

Meanwhile the botters will continue to do everything just as well as before.....

@Juji & @Hime I played retail from C4 up until GoD. Life happened and I quit for a while. Just decided to come back and everyone told me to start over on classic if I was trying to find that "magic" again. I come back over my Christmas break and have been having a blast with it up until this update. This update has ruined it for me and I'll be leaving again. Absolutely no acknowledgement from anyone when you plainly see everyone here who actually still plays and love this game crying out telling you that you're going to kill it. I have a feeling a LOT of others feel the same and will be jumping ship as well. GF NCSoft.