What do you guys think about Unreal Engine 4.0 secret lab in the works at NC Soft top secret underground alien bunker?

What do you guys think about Unreal Engine 4.0 secret lab in the works at NC Soft top secret underground South Korean alien bunker?  :)

Real MMORPG for PC Lineage II: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qgymtmt72Q4&t=40s

Another one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v-XUmgYnmR8

If NC Soft successful made Unreal Engine 4.0, it might solve the memory leak issue known for Unreal Engine 2.5 AND the game might last until 2040.  ROFL.

Edited by GhostintheShell
  • Like 1

dont believe the you tube    

in this server cant upgrade this old server machine   and the lag  is terrible 

u believe this company  spend money for the same game? to can see u better picture???  in game?

hahahahhahaha  u are epic

On 1/15/2020 at 11:20 AM, RibaS said:

dont believe the you tube    

in this server cant upgrade this old server machine   and the lag  is terrible 

u believe this company  spend money for the same game? to can see u better picture???  in game?

hahahahhahaha  u are epic

did you even watch the video?  and did you even f read the link?  NCSoft actually recently just hired a lead Unreal Engine 4.0 master to lead the team...

• 1 year later...

The most this new unreal 4 L2 will ever see is a Korean launch with maybe a Russian release. 

There isn't eniugh players to release this here and have everyone start from scratch. There would be literally no players. 

Let me ask you all this question:

Would you quit current L2 to reroll on a brand new server, with cool graphics, but it's the same game as our current game, and the same company running it? 

I'm guessing anyone who spends a single dollar on this game would answer "No", which is the only sane and logical answer. 

7 minutes ago, iHyperlite said:

The most this new unreal 4 L2 will ever see is a Korean launch with maybe a Russian release. 

There isn't eniugh players to release this here and have everyone start from scratch. There would be literally no players. 

Let me ask you all this question:

Would you quit current L2 to reroll on a brand new server, with cool graphics, but it's the same game as our current game, and the same company running it? 

I'm guessing anyone who spends a single dollar on this game would answer "No", which is the only sane and logical answer. 

What if (it has been done on other games not saying it will here) if just a upgrade of everything we are using now but to continue goes back to pay 2 play during the initial transition period? No rerolling or starting over.  Only thing is castles/forts are reset (since the capture of them will change) everything else stays in place or is switched over.  Remember we did go through a major transition in L2 with awakening etc and expansion to Gracia (that never really got fleshed out)

2 minutes ago, Slycutter said:

What if (it has been done on other games not saying it will here) if just a upgrade of everything we are using now but to continue goes back to pay 2 play during the initial transition period? No rerolling or starting over.  Only thing is castles/forts are reset (since the capture of them will change) everything else stays in place or is switched over.  Remember we did go through a major transition in L2 with awakening etc and expansion to Gracia (that never really got fleshed out)

If no reroll I'm all for it. If start from scratch I'd pass. 

My whole point is I don't think any region other than Korea has the playerbase to support the development. 

Also, all known info is from a pre-covid time unless I missed some major info piece.