Classic Server Maintenance: Wednesday, January 15, 2020

Hime

• L2 Team

Game servers will be down for maintenance beginning Wednesday, January 15, 2020 at 5 a.m. PST /  7 a.m. CST / 8 a.m. EST  / 2 p.m. GMT+1 and will be unavailable for approximately 2 hours and 15 minutes.

With this maintenance:

• Standard database maintenance and application restarts will be performed.
  • Winter of War update release has been rescheduled for Thursday, January 16 due to technical issue.
  • The Extended Holiday Server Settings will end on Thursday, January 16

If you have any questions about the changes taking place during this maintenance, please feel free to post them on the forums. We also encourage you to follow @LineageIIOps for maintenance and server status updates.

Please just remove dwarfs from the game and allow those with one to auto reroll to an actual useful class. There really is no reason to bring a dwarf along anymore. Their dps is abysmal, they are no longer useful for carrying or crafting shots, their crafting is basically useless, and now magically NcSoft has managed to make spoil even worse.

Edited by Tool_of_Society

1 hour ago, Tool_of_Society said:

Please just remove dwarfs from the game and allow those with one to auto reroll to an actual useful class. There really is no reason to bring a dwarf along anymore. Their dps is abysmal, they are no longer useful for carrying or crafting shots, their crafting is basically useless, and now magically NcSoft has managed to make spoil even worse.

I mean I run with a Warsmith in my party and they're probably the ones that do the most damage because of the golem.  Really hoping that the auto-hunt changes will let us assign auto-buffs to party members and then the Warsmith will be pretty great in a party.

3 minutes ago, FoxFire said:

I mean I run with a Warsmith in my party and they're probably the ones that do the most damage because of the golem.  Really hoping that the auto-hunt changes will let us assign auto-buffs to party members and then the Warsmith will be pretty great in a party.

That's quite sad if that's the case. You really should look into gearing the other dps properly and how to setup their skills/macros. I tossed my warsmith long ago because it wasn't keeping up with anything not even the tank. The pet does allow it to do better than you'd expect but it's still miles behind real summoners with basic gear. Granted my WS never made it to 80 so I can't compare at the highest end but I can tell you in the 70s it's a bad joke.

3 minutes ago, Tool_of_Society said:

That's quite sad if that's the case. You really should look into gearing the other dps properly and how to setup their skills/macros. I tossed my warsmith long ago because it wasn't keeping up with anything not even the tank. The pet does allow it to do better than you'd expect but it's still miles behind real summoners with basic gear. Granted my WS never made it to 80 so I can't compare at the highest end but I can tell you in the 70s it's a bad joke.

The debuff the dorf puts on mobs is basically a free Hex, too.  My current party consists of a TK, SE, Warsmith, WC, BD, Destro, Bishop...also raising a SWS, and Warlock to add to it but they're not high enough, yet.

Those 7 auto-ran all night in FotG with no issues and they're only level 60-62.

17 minutes ago, FoxFire said:

The debuff the dorf puts on mobs is basically a free Hex, too.  My current party consists of a TK, SE, Warsmith, WC, BD, Destro, Bishop...also raising a SWS, and Warlock to add to it but they're not high enough, yet.

Those 7 auto-ran all night in FotG with no issues and they're only level 60-62.

My group easily hits the debuff cap without a low dps warsmith taking up a slot. I was auto running patriots at 53 with no issues with my latest group for about 4.5-5m xp per hour.

I have four party compositions at or above level 50. My highest level group consists of SK BH De PR SwS BD WC EE Bish which are 8x.

EDIT : My highest level warsmith is on the live server and has been around since prelude and is 100something. I haven't logged into that server for a couple years now.

EDIT 2 : The WS should definitely be out DPSing the TK which has even worse dps. TKs are defensive tanks with very little in the way of offensive capabilities. A warlock in blue leather with something as basic as cmg with kai should wreck the WS's dps when it's added. THe De should be already doing well beyond the dorf unless it's running around with a one handed mace or something equally silly.

44 minutes ago, Tool_of_Society said:

My group easily hits the debuff cap without a low dps warsmith taking up a slot. I was auto running patriots at 53 with no issues with my latest group for about 4.5-5m xp per hour.

I have four party compositions at or above level 50. My highest level group consists of SK BH De PR SwS BD WC EE Bish which are 8x.

EDIT : My highest level warsmith is on the live server and has been around since prelude and is 100something. I haven't logged into that server for a couple years now.

EDIT 2 : The WS should definitely be out DPSing the TK which has even worse dps. TKs are defensive tanks with very little in the way of offensive capabilities. A warlock in blue leather with something as basic as cmg with kai should wreck the WS's dps when it's added. THe De should be already doing well beyond the dorf unless it's running around with a one handed mace or something equally silly.

I was the Sieghardt/Sayha Eva's Templar Hero for 14 months.  I'm well aware of how things work.  Destro has a Guardian Sword and dorf has a top C 2hand with Othell and BD has dama*dama.  My damage is still respectable but my party is much more robust than most.

4 hours ago, FoxFire said:

I was the Sieghardt/Sayha Eva's Templar Hero for 14 months.  I'm well aware of how things work.  Destro has a Guardian Sword and dorf has a top C 2hand with Othell and BD has dama*dama.  My damage is still respectable but my party is much more robust than most.

3 piece plated leather bonus set with heavy doom glove/helmet is good enough to get the De into 8x. Outside of leveling where a lot of running is involved (which would be silly to do) the PL set is more dps than blue wolf heavy. Since destroyers have so much HP and have to sit at lower HP for maximum DPS the pdef difference is irrelevant. Going all +str my DE still has 2x the HP of the SK tank  :P

My BH ran the same setup until 8x too but I had to switch to blue wolf heavy to deal with the physical AOE damage areas. TK should be just as effective as the SK at keeping aggro so something to consider if you haven't already.

17 minutes ago, Tool_of_Society said:

3 piece plated leather bonus set with heavy doom glove/helmet is good enough to get the De into 8x. Outside of leveling where a lot of running is involved (which would be silly to do) the PL set is more dps than blue wolf heavy. Since destroyers have so much HP and have to sit at lower HP for maximum DPS the pdef difference is irrelevant. Going all +str my DE still has 2x the HP of the SK tank  :P

My BH ran the same setup until 8x too but I had to switch to blue wolf heavy to deal with the physical AOE damage areas. TK should be just as effective as the SK at keeping aggro so something to consider if you haven't already.

I couldn't get my edit to go through properly due to some packet loss on my end so I had to make this post as a continuation of the quoted post above.

The lock will be a good choice with it's debuffs and it's cheap DPS. Binding cubic earned it's keep when I was able to use it to catch a red PR that was causing issues in Cruma for some of us. The actual PKer was only a few levels higher but he had all kinds of speed and could get around corners before skills went off. The summoner DPS based groups don't even use shots and still do very well. My best leveling group uses a SK WK (WarlocK) ES and BH for dps. the BH's spoil is particularly useful in one spot and the patch will of course hurt that :( I have a friend who is working on a summoner group with two PS instead of the SK/BH to see if he can make the tank pets work in the 80s. It'll be interesting to see how that goes.

For some reason people still tend to claim that SwSers are only for PVP but personally I find them very handy in PVE. Hunters is obviously very good for PVE and I find song of renewal to be helpful too. The rest is really helpful for surviving the silly damage that starts happening in +8x content.

1 hour ago, Degusjr said:

It's a sad day when all I read about is people playing afk.

Yeah well that's what happens when a game developer keeps cutting out content. There's no real point to actively playing as the gold farmers have RBs worth doing on lockdown and some of the others are bugged/buggy...There's only one siege and none of the forts and other things that smaller clans could do. There's clan arena but that's an once a week thing. AA and the old 7 signs stuff is no longer in the game nor are some of the areas. Pets were removed. The manor system was removed. On and on it goes...

7 hours ago, Tool_of_Society said:

Yeah well that's what happens when a game developer keeps cutting out content. There's no real point to actively playing as the gold farmers have RBs worth doing on lockdown and some of the others are bugged/buggy...There's only one siege and none of the forts and other things that smaller clans could do. There's clan arena but that's an once a week thing. AA and the old 7 signs stuff is no longer in the game nor are some of the areas. Pets were removed. The manor system was removed. On and on it goes...

Ohhh I hear ya man, I quit a while ago, I logged in the other day just to look around and quickly learned there was nothing to do and remembered why I left.  I also remember at launch having to sell all those useless recipes and mats just to afford shots/teleports/soe's so the thought of removing those being sell able to npc is moronic if ya ask me.  There was not 1 room open in party match, completely empty!

I personally an looking forward to this update! Thanks Juji and Hime!

Is there any chance this patch will resolve the CONSTANT random disconnect issues when running more than one box? This seems to be a major issue affecting quite a few players.

Having the same problem since the new maintenance. Was running up to 12 clients during the last week without any major problems. 

Since this maintenance I alrdy had 3 disconnect of 5-10 chars at the same time

Just now, husk said:

Having the same problem since the new maintenance. Was running up to 12 clients during the last week without any major problems. 

Since this maintenance I alrdy had 3 disconnect of 5-10 chars at the same time

Yeah its absolutely horrible :( I love this game, i love the classic that has been provided, but i cant even run a party of 3 without having to worry about disconnects if i leave them for 15 minutes... Never seen anything like this before. I'm from Australia so my ping isn't great but i dont believe that is the issue.

I personally believe it might be related to a singular IP address having multiple connections to their servers in the form of characters.

• Hime unpinned this topic