Sign in to follow this  
Tool_of_Society

Can we get some real information about how the autohunt changes.

What does combat mode even mean? Nothing is explained anywhere. The patch notes were utterly useless as there's nothing in there that you wouldn't notice in the first 4 seconds looking at the UI.

Also the UI design is utterly terrible. I tab into a client and I can't tell who it is until I click to move adn see myself. The autocombat thing loves to sit on top of the menu/map/character/blahblah on the bottom. Since I couldn't even see the map button I actually thought the map function had been removed. It's like they were trying to copy some terrible mobile game's UI which prioritizes flash over functionality...

Edited by Tool_of_Society

Am i crazy or do I really need to click each individual buff when buffing a party member now? For god's sake dance/songs don't even work.

Edited by Tool_of_Society

TeggyO    2

Nope you are right.  No more auto hunt, gotta come back and rebuff.  Given the exp tables this is not a good way to keep customers playing. All the time/effort spent logging and setting up your parties and maximizing macros and all the money you may have spent buying and selling mystery boxes from L2 store was pretty much all wasted in the space of 3 hours

TeggyO    2

My only thought is that maybe now the botters will REALLY stand out now and they will be banned.  But then no one would play so I'm 99.9999% wrong on that one.

8 minutes ago, TeggyO said:

My only thought is that maybe now the botters will REALLY stand out now and they will be banned.  But then no one would play so I'm 99.9999% wrong on that one.

Don't hold your breathe. Even at the height of the game in the pay to play era when there were no repeating macros or auto hunt bots were still rampant. They weren't quite as bad but there were still blatant trains in all the good leveling areas. It was a mini-game to find the high level "l337" PVPer's botting areas...

Kindlove    0

Releasing an update without releasing some instructions or videos from the l2 website to assist..

i guess this means, the player community needs to help each other.

certainly discouraging to play, oh wells..sigh.

Hammerforge    6

@Juji,

Please provide a tutorial on how to use the new auto hunt feature; How its intended use in a party situation.  It seems like it was designed for solo play. 

NCSOFT has a bad habit of making chamges to the game and basically leaving us to fend for ourselves and figure it out....

HF

Well I figured out that Combat Mode instant flags you if you're out of a town. I found this out because I clicked into a client and it turned combat mode on despite me clicking nowhere near there. My favorite thing is how autohunt will turn on randomly when click onto or out of a client.