So no macro?

Ingwaz

fun thing is bots will farm for other bots? active population i think is > 500 ppl (giran) u can see on siege/oly/ranks/rbs .and the number will drop more :) 

done with l2 if no macro for me i m too old to play so much active :)

any suggection for other similar game will apriciated if anyone knows. ciao

Just tried the new event and was unable to get any toon to assist - to get them to follow did the old double click on the target char - so they got the event completed of of the back of my main char. The macro to do all of my buffs still worked - note it's manually started with no delay or timer. I typically play for a couple of hours each evening and normally have my buffer assist. For my Warsmith, who should be paying for my SS, I cannot even get the mechanical golem to assist anymore.....

Not sure I get this update, hopefully they figure something out soon......at least let the assist function work. I didn't use the auto hunt function and go afk, so no loss for me there.

Note: I played lineage for over 10 years starting with the open beta, you couldn't drown in those days but you could drop stuff. ....

2 hours ago, Juji said:

The Auto Loop Macro system was removed for Classic in all regions. The skill shortcut bar has replaced the functions of the macro loop except for the delay. I am going to discuss with the Dev team tonight on whether they can re-implement the macro functions or provide something more beneficial for the support classes (buffers).

I also used those macros, I work and it doesn't give me much time to play like years ago ... I hope the issue of automatic macros can be solved

35 minutes ago, nice85 said:

fun thing is bots will farm for other bots? active population i think is > 500 ppl (giran) u can see on siege/oly/ranks/rbs .and the number will drop more :) 

done with l2 if no macro for me i m too old to play so much active :)

any suggection for other similar game will apriciated if anyone knows. ciao

I know a lots of ppl who is playing 12 hours/ day and never go oly or siege :D for Example me:/

My Lord! NCSOFT you insist on making the wrong choice.

You need to understand that the people who still play this game are older, nostalgic people who really enjoy playing L2. These people have work, studies and other obligations. Look at the number of active players and you will understand. When you decide to take down the macro and assist system, you are forcing these players to have no pleasure in staying. Is this your real wish?

If you continue with these changes, the future will be the end of the server. For sure 90% of my clan will stop playing.

I hope the withdrawal of the macro and assistance system will be reviewed. Because if not the server will only be left with the BOTs 24/7 and RMTs.

Please review these requirements.

• Like 2

Hey...we can toggle DWARVEN CRAFT now...to perma open/close the recipe list...and not to forget the cool, toggle-able, Return/Party-Return skills :D Who will need buffs, songs or dances, when u can loop ur Dwarven Craft ..or perma-return to town....   THAT was rly important!

.....it makes no sense to me, but HEY.....i guess im just to dumb to understand this ingeniousness behind this move....xDxD

Edited by Gorebride
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Spont said:

Just tried the new event and was unable to get any toon to assist - to get them to follow did the old double click on the target char - so they got the event completed of of the back of my main char. The macro to do all of my buffs still worked - note it's manually started with no delay or timer. I typically play for a couple of hours each evening and normally have my buffer assist. For my Warsmith, who should be paying for my SS, I cannot even get the mechanical golem to assist anymore using summonassist command - it does work using attack loop for the summon on the hot bar.....

Not sure I get this update, hopefully they figure something out soon......at least let the assist function work. I didn't use the auto hunt function and go afk, so no loss for me there.

Note: I played lineage for over 10 years starting with the open beta, you couldn't drown in those days but you could drop stuff. ....

37 minutes ago, TcheLoko said:

My Lord! NCSOFT you insist on making the wrong choice.

I hope the withdrawal of the macro and assistance system will be reviewed. Because if not the server will only be left with the BOTs 24/7 and RMTs.

Please review these requirements.

RMT will be gone also cuz no real ppl to buy from them

Edited by Sistem
  • Like 1

Every passing minute is a player that probably contributed somehow to the server that is going to stop playing. Im fan of Lineage 2 but if the macros dont come back, i will soon get another game to play. Ten years ago we are young, today we dont have all time of word to farm. No macros, no Lineage 2 :|

• Thanks 1

To ignore the rejection of the majority is to decree defeat, in this case the bankruptcy of the game. Im player of lineage 2 since the time was not free, i've see updates that displeased  part of the players but the same is unheard of. I didnt like ir either, i have family and children,  i dont have so much time to active farm, without the macro loop i cant continue, i have other priorities. 

• Like 1

NCSoft should write a book:
"How to destroy your game in a few short steps"

Quite funny, they removed auto macros, implemented a useless skill auto-use feature, but didnt include it on party buffs.
The decisions being made are beyond stupid and obviously without any feedback from those actually playing the game.

Edited by TetsuoDPS

5 hours ago, Juji said:

The Auto Loop Macro system was removed for Classic in all regions. The skill shortcut bar has replaced the functions of the macro loop except for the delay. I am going to discuss with the Dev team tonight on whether they can re-implement the macro functions or provide something more beneficial for the support classes (buffers).

The skill bar is nowhere near a replacement for the macro functions. Not when you have to click each individual buff just to complete one buff cycle. God help you if you have anything other than a WC because you're going to spend most of your time just trying to keep buffs up.

How about restoring our ability to see debuffs on our target?

How about restoring the UI to something functional? You know where you can see all the information you need right away (character name cp/hp/mp). You know like before where the auto hunt function didn't obscure critical elements of the UI like shortcut buttons for map/equipment etc?

How about not penalizing live players heavily just because it might slow down botters a tiny amount?

How about fixing macros so I can assist my clan's tank properly when we're doing group content?

It goes on and on....

The worst part about this is that NcSoft Korea doesn't care if the game dies because of this patch. They are too busy sucking up dat mobile income to care about doing PC games properly... Yeah if you didn't notice the mobile UI style in this patch now you will..

Edited by Tool_of_Society
  • Like 1

Just log in to any classic server and see most of the dissatisfaction, i'm one that will wait for the macro loop to come back or just stop playing. lineage 2 has always been my passion for games, I will have to look for another game if this update is not reviewed.

#FailUpdate

this game looks like a short project that was supposed to bring cash. Now they can turn off the servers at any time and say that this is the end of the classic. All their actions confirm that they intend to do so. Game updates are stages, we've come to one of the last or the final one.

4 minutes ago, Tool_of_Society said:

Something I do find amazing about this patch is how no one is even trying to defend these changes. In the past when NcSoft has made dumb moves you'd find a few NcSoft apologists trying to justify the dumb move. This patch is so stupid even the apologists can't defend it...

They're too bussy updating their CVs because even they know NcSoft couldn't care less about what happens in here. Even on the days the game was suscription based there were plenty of bot and their policy against it was "We can't do a thing about it" ( A.K.A. We won't spend any money on that ) Why would they do it now?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Juji said:

Today, it was already very easy to see bots dominating their regions, including a few cases where they killed raid bosses in 3 minutes. Changes are welcomed, but today, I see that it became hard to the players, and not to the bots. In my opinion, if the game is to get harder to actual players, there should be a way to also make it even harder for bots.

• Like 2