So no macro?

Ingwaz

Good morning all ! I am french I play on a classic na impossible to play with two characters: attack / assistance ect ... pls ncsoft BACK MACRO! otherwise I stop playing Lineage 2 and all ncsoft games.
this is the worst update of line 2
(Sunday evening 1100 characters online xd)

23 hours ago, mixa said:

Oh boy, if you have work, wife, kids, etc.... don't you think playing games is the last thing you should do. This is mostly poor excuse for handless nabs that just want to run on auto and avoid putting any effort.

I'm terribly sorry that you are in a position where you have no free time for leisure. That's a very unhealthy lifestyle and you WILL see negative results from it if you aren't already.

The rest of us in the adult world know how to schedule time and part of that scheduling is optimizing downtime for yourself. I cannot speak for the others but personally I refuse to spend the few hours of downtime I have each day on a game where I need to spend 100 hours to get anywhere. Well that was prior to the gigantic nerf to income so it's probably closer to 1000 hours or more. Not on a game that has so little in the way of actual content. I'd rather play a few matches in warthunder hop on world of warships play a few matches there and then maybe a vermintide II match.Lineage 2 does not exist in a vacuum and if it demands active play for little in positive returns then I'll just dump the game completely. You should be concerned about this because if the server population drops below a certain point the market will crash and eventually the server itself will be closed.

The macro system allowed me to invest time without actually investing time being there. So while I might only play a couple active hours a day I'm getting 22 hours of extra results so there's a world of a difference (basically a "force multiplier"). I'm not really sure how much time I'm actively putting in as I can do a variety of things around my house while keeping an eye on the game accounts running. Then when I'm caught up on my daily schedule I can spend time doing the few content related things the game has. Emphasis on FEW....

EDIT : TLDR : If the choice is between living life as a responsible adult or playing a 15 year old game with little content that has seen content removed consistently for a year now people are going to choose life (most people will). The loss of real players will greatly hasten the demise of the game.

Edited by Tool_of_Society
  • Thanks 1

L2 ADMINS, DEVELOPERS, & FRIENDS:

This update absolutely makes no sense.  I understand that there are a lot of mobile games out there that find some success, but lineage 2 is the wrong game to do that with!  This game is suppose to be played on your PC on a large monitor with vast content such as crafting, sieges, questing, etc...  Turning it into a mobile game will destroy the essence of this once amazing game and transform it into one of those generic mobile game that people will just play for a couple weeks then delete.  Remember mobile devices have limited memory unlike a PC so people are constantly deleting and downloading apps on a daily basis.  These DEVS are so out of touch with what this game is suppose to be and why it has captured the loyalty of players for more than 16 years.  Whoever originally created this game had the right idea and was brilliant with its content and diversity, and I'm sure a different and less creative team is now responsible for making all of these horrific changes and ideas. 

The only thing they did right was add the Auto-Hunt feature.  The "first" Auto-Hunt feature they introduced was clever, because they understood that their original fan-base is much older now and can't sit in front of the PC 24/7 like we did before.  Now most of us have "real" work, families, and have grown up responsibilities.  It allowed us to stay competitive by allowing us to manage work/life/game balance.  It was comprehensive and easy to use and allowed you to somewhat compete with all the 3rd party bots out there that run rampant all over questing and farming areas, but now they somehow found a way to ruin the only thing they did right!  I will point out only two of the MANY examples:  You can't loop useful buffs, but you can loop heals and strategic skills such as "Stun Shot" non-stop without any delays until all your MP is used up in a matter of seconds!  Second Example:  You can't loop Songs and Dances, but you can loop "Party Return" - What?!?!?  Also, why can't we see if our de-buffs are landing on mobs anymore, and why can't we see the character we are playing on instantly?  Whose terrible idea was this anyway and do they even play the game or tested this so-called newly improved system?   (It is the BIGGEST FAIL thus far)

I am also not happy about the fact that they are removing important content from the game with every update.  Crafting has been a very important and fun part of this game and it is fading away with every update.  Sieges are not fun anymore and limited to just one castle along with fortresses being unavailable.  Olympiad is a joke allowing outside buffs which defeats the purpose of having self-buffs and class individuality.  There is too much emphasis on P2W and its taking the fun out of the game, simply due to the fact that you can only get those items if you spend real money.  The concept that there are items that you cannot trade of share and materials have 0 value when sold to the NPC makes it so much more difficult for you to earn adena, not to mention the pitiful adena drop rate.  There are so many other things worth mentioning, but I'll leave that to the rest of you if you want to bring notice to it.  To sum it all up, this once incredible game is utterly being destroyed, dismantled, and transformed into something we don't want...  We voice our disappointments and concerns in the forums along with fantastic ideas and resolutions, only to be frequently ignored.  I'm extremely loyal and very patient, but if the direction is to remove more content and become more like a mobile game, that is where my friends and I draw the line and part ways with one of the greatest games that was ever created! 

Thank you so much for reading.  I just needed to spill my heart out and express my sadness and dissatisfaction to what is happening to our beloved game...

L2 Fan (Nov 2003 Closed-Beta Phase 1-7/Open Beta/Prelude)

2 hours ago, Tool_of_Society said:

I'm terribly sorry that you are in a position where you have no free time for leisure. That's a very unhealthy lifestyle and you WILL see negative results from it if you aren't already.

The rest of us in the adult world know how to schedule time and part of that scheduling is optimizing downtime for yourself. I cannot speak for the others but personally I refuse to spend the few hours of downtime I have each day on a game where I need to spend 100 hours to get anywhere. Well that was prior to the gigantic nerf to income so it's probably closer to 1000 hours or more. Not on a game that has so little in the way of actual content. I'd rather play a few matches in warthunder hop on world of warships play a few matches there and then maybe a vermintide II match.Lineage 2 does not exist in a vacuum and if it demands active play for little in positive returns then I'll just dump the game completely. You should be concerned about this because if the server population drops below a certain point the market will crash and eventually the server itself will be closed.

The macro system allowed me to invest time without actually investing time being there. So while I might only play a couple active hours a day I'm getting 22 hours of extra results so there's a world of a difference (basically a "force multiplier"). I'm not really sure how much time I'm actively putting in as I can do a variety of things around my house while keeping an eye on the game accounts running. Then when I'm caught up on my daily schedule I can spend time doing the few content related things the game has. Emphasis on FEW....

EDIT : TLDR : If the choice is between living life as a responsible adult or playing a 15 year old game with little content that has seen content removed consistently for a year now people are going to choose life (most people will). The loss of real players will greatly hasten the demise of the game.

It's probably time to think about changing the game, that is what I meant. You just stretch-repeated that with some additions.

tldr:

I don't really play l2 anymore, mainly because there is nothing left to play really.

4 hours ago, mixa said:

It's probably time to think about changing the game, that is what I meant. You just stretch-repeated that with some additions.

tldr:

I don't really play l2 anymore, mainly because there is nothing left to play really.

I want Lineage 2 to be a game I play though and I'm working here on the forum towards that goal. You could argue I'm falling to the "sunk cost fallacy" if you want as I have spent vast amounts of time and several thousand dollars in this game over the last 16 years. I just would like to get a few more years out of it.

Edited by Tool_of_Society

5 hours ago, xTeddyx said:

L2 ADMINS, DEVELOPERS, & FRIENDS:

This update absolutely makes no sense.  I understand that there are a lot of mobile games out there that find some success, but lineage 2 is the wrong game to do that with!  This game is suppose to be played on your PC on a large monitor with vast content such as crafting, sieges, questing, etc...  Turning it into a mobile game will destroy the essence of this once amazing game and transform it into one of those generic mobile game that people will just play for a couple weeks then delete.  Remember mobile devices have limited memory unlike a PC so people are constantly deleting and downloading apps on a daily basis.  These DEVS are so out of touch with what this game is suppose to be and why it has captured the loyalty of players for more than 16 years.  Whoever originally created this game had the right idea and was brilliant with its content and diversity, and I'm sure a different and less creative team is now responsible for making all of these horrific changes and ideas. 

The only thing they did right was add the Auto-Hunt feature.  The "first" Auto-Hunt feature they introduced was clever, because they understood that their original fan-base is much older now and can't sit in front of the PC 24/7 like we did before.  Now most of us have "real" work, families, and have grown up responsibilities.  It allowed us to stay competitive by allowing us to manage work/life/game balance.  It was comprehensive and easy to use and allowed you to somewhat compete with all the 3rd party bots out there that run rampant all over questing and farming areas, but now they somehow found a way to ruin the only thing they did right!  I will point out only two of the MANY examples:  You can't loop useful buffs, but you can loop heals and strategic skills such as "Stun Shot" non-stop without any delays until all your MP is used up in a matter of seconds!  Second Example:  You can't loop Songs and Dances, but you can loop "Party Return" - What?!?!?  Also, why can't we see if our de-buffs are landing on mobs anymore, and why can't we see the character we are playing on instantly?  Whose terrible idea was this anyway and do they even play the game or tested this so-called newly improved system?   (It is the BIGGEST FAIL thus far)

I am also not happy about the fact that they are removing important content from the game with every update.  Crafting has been a very important and fun part of this game and it is fading away with every update.  Sieges are not fun anymore and limited to just one castle along with fortresses being unavailable.  Olympiad is a joke allowing outside buffs which defeats the purpose of having self-buffs and class individuality.  There is too much emphasis on P2W and its taking the fun out of the game, simply due to the fact that you can only get those items if you spend real money.  The concept that there are items that you cannot trade of share and materials have 0 value when sold to the NPC makes it so much more difficult for you to earn adena, not to mention the pitiful adena drop rate.  There are so many other things worth mentioning, but I'll leave that to the rest of you if you want to bring notice to it.  To sum it all up, this once incredible game is utterly being destroyed, dismantled, and transformed into something we don't want...  We voice our disappointments and concerns in the forums along with fantastic ideas and resolutions, only to be frequently ignored.  I'm extremely loyal and very patient, but if the direction is to remove more content and become more like a mobile game, that is where my friends and I draw the line and part ways with one of the greatest games that was ever created! 

Thank you so much for reading.  I just needed to spill my heart out and express my sadness and dissatisfaction to what is happening to our beloved game...

L2 Fan (Nov 2003 Closed-Beta Phase 1-7/Open Beta/Prelude)

NCSOFT dont afraid that! There is the rumors, that Samsung will make a new smartphone, call it L2Galaxy, ant OS will be written by ncsoft rolf

• Haha 1

• L2 Team

The dev team is in the development process now to restore the loop macro function in the new UI. They are analyzing ways to effectively add it back since they cannot revert the UI to the previous version. We will let you know more details as soon as they are shared to us this week.

• Like 4

46 minutes ago, Juji said:

The dev team is in the development process now to restore the loop macro function in the new UI. 

Well, it's a good news that dev team decided restore the loop macro.

46 minutes ago, Juji said:

They are analyzing ways to effectively add it back since they cannot revert the UI to the previous version. 

But this part is a bit strange. No need to develope bicycle. As emergency fix enough just let activate the loop macro with mouse right click on skill pannel and it's will work with new UI. Then if dev team planning improve autohunt system they can do it with next update.

For fix some new "features" they need to do something with craft and spoil. Autosweeper wich don't sweep mobs is broken. Autocraft is kinda weird, if it's was planned for posibility auto crafting materials then should make recipes from craft book auto, not a Dwarwen Craft skill using, wich just spam opening recipe book.

Thanks for shared info.

Edited by Buldos

1 hour ago, Juji said:

The dev team is in the development process now to restore the loop macro function in the new UI. They are analyzing ways to effectively add it back since they cannot revert the UI to the previous version. We will let you know more details as soon as they are shared to us this week.

This is very good news. 

Please implore them to reinstate value to selling keys/mats to the NPC.  Having to manage inventory and weight now is just a tedious chore.  There are no buy shops for keys and mats.  While the idea behind it is great, it is not practical.  With the amount of gear dropping from mobs/raids and the rediclous cost of cloth and A-gems, crafting is just not viable. 

Also please add our names back above out health bar.  With looping coming back, it will be hard to manage tiled clients without a name associated with each one.   

And please add buffs/debuffs back to your targets.  This guessing game whether your debuffs landed or your enemy has buffed it is ridiculous.  

And what about the other suggested fixes we provided?  Debuffs landing on Baium/Anathars?  Or Cancel working on bosses.  Or making all epics lvl 80 on a fixed spawn?

And the part that is bugging me the most is this...... The reason given for removing looping is because it has already been removed from all other version of Classic.......But if this is the case, Why dont we have the same drop rates or content as all other versions of Classic?  Drop rates, L-Coin Store, etc?  The selective implementation applied to us is suspiciously malicious....

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Juji said:

First of all I would like to thank you for the feedback.

The return of the macro loop will be very useful for players to play again, even though it is not the only thing to be done, I believe it is the most important.

Please keep us informed and if possible speed up the macro loop, we have several inactive players waiting for the macro to return to play.

thanks

2 hours ago, Juji said:

Did you mention all the other issues to the developers? Fixing the macro loop should be priority, but there are now many other problems that have been listed.

• L2 Team
1 hour ago, blaaahhhh said:

Did you mention all the other issues to the developers? Fixing the macro loop should be priority, but there are now many other problems that have been listed.

Yes, the other issues have been sent to the Dev team as well. I posted in other threads about the missing Blessed Soulshots, missing 5th hot bar, and the ability to see buffs/debuffs on your target. We have a list of more than 15+ issues for the Classic Server that is waiting for a response or follow up from the Dev team. Once I have confirmation we have fixes or changes coming, then I will post about it.

2 hours ago, Buldos said:

Well, it's a good news that dev team decided restore the loop macro.

But this part is a bit strange. No need to develope bicycle. As emergency fix enough just let activate the loop macro with mouse right click on skill pannel and it's will work with new UI. Then if dev team planning improve autohunt system they can do it with next update.

For fix some new "features" they need to do something with craft and spoil. Autosweeper wich don't sweep mobs is broken. Autocraft is kinda weird, if it's was planned for posibility auto crafting materials then should make recipes from craft book auto, not a Dwarwen Craft skill using, wich just spam opening recipe book.

Thanks for shared info.

It is not a simple fix to add back a feature to a system that was designed by a different development team. Once our Dev team has it ready and tested, then we will plan for an emergency maintenance to implement.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Juji said:

Yes, the other issues have been sent to the Dev team as well. I posted in other threads about the missing Blessed Soulshots, missing 5th hot bar, and the ability to see buffs/debuffs on your target. We have a list of more than 15+ issues for the Classic Server that is waiting for a response or follow up from the Dev team. Once I have confirmation we have fixes or changes coming, then I will post about it.

It is not a simple fix to add back a feature to a system that was designed by a different development team. Once our Dev team has it ready and tested, then we will plan for an emergency maintenance to implement.

Hello @Juji as you stated about buffs and debuffs,i would like to add some additional information,there is a bug about cancel,you cant cancel buffs placed on Zaken/Baium,cancel doesnt work(any cancel skills),as well,Buffs dont work on Zaken/Baium The epics ones,like tyrant/gladiator hex dont work and Block Shield dont work at all on Zaken,only cubic works,which is a bug as well.

Epic Baium very hard lands debuff ,some of them dont work at all.

Please check this,we tired of writing ticket already,they say they send info to dev,but nothing get fixed.

Edited by Epifan

Hey Juji.

I was wondering if making songs/dances being auto use is one of the 15 bugs/requested changes?  It'd be really nice if that type of support could do more than sing/dance and just stand around. Seems like if the summoner buffs can be put on reuse then surely dances/songs could.

Thanks!

6 hours ago, Juji said:

Great news!  Please allow custom macros to be toggled (right-clicked) on the "hotbar" and allow it be be activated in sequence as the "hotbar" was designed to do so that Prophets can buff a full party.  Thank you... Thank you...  Thank you...  Even a brief statement such as this every now and then restores great hope in our community and creates a bridge of communication to the mysterious DEVS who forge the future of this amazing game...  <3

On 1/16/2020 at 10:39 PM, Juji said:

A request has been sent off to the Dev team just now to add back the auto loop function for macros. I will share a status update as soon as I hear back from them.

He didn't actually say they would be implemented back in...he just said that they would "look in to" ways to restore them.

I'd say it's a very good bet that they just say, "nope...no possible way to do it."

NC Korea has never once implemented something at the request of anyone other than Koreans.

Even if we have convinced @Juji to approach the dev team (after more than a week, just pointing out) the dev team and greedy business practices of NC have the final word on everything.