So no macro?

Ingwaz

25 minutes ago, FoxFire said:

He didn't actually say they would be implemented back in...he just said that they would "look in to" ways to restore them.

I'd say it's a very good bet that they just say, "nope...no possible way to do it."

NC Korea has never once implemented something at the request of anyone other than Koreans.

Even if we have convinced @Juji to approach the dev team (after more than a week, just pointing out) the dev team and greedy business practices of NC have the final word on everything.

Please stay positive!  Your perplexed mind may have the power to speak things into existence..  On a side note:  It might be a great idea to bring back the old DEV team to fix it because they did it right the first time.  This new team has no idea what they are doing and made the "Auto-Hunt" feature painfully unplayable.  No delay options, looping skills that weren't meant to be looped, and disregarded the importance of looping buffs, songs, and dances.  They also dropped the ball on assisting and the option to anchor the main assist...  They created a limited user interface missing critical details that allowed effective party management, and the list goes on...  Honestly has this new DEV team ever played or looped a party in Lineage 2?  This question may sound rhetorical, but I sincerely would like to know...

Sincerely,

Me again...

Edited by xTeddyx

1 minute ago, xTeddyx said:

Please stay positive!  Your perplexed mind may have the power to speak things into existence..  On a side note:  It might be a great idea to bring back the old DEV team to fix it because they did it right the first time.  This new team has no idea what they are doing and made the "Auto-Hunt" feature painfully unplayable.  No delay options, looping skills that weren't meant to be looped, and disregarded the importance of looping buffs, songs, and dances.  They also dropped the ball on assisting and the option to anchor the main assist...  They created a limited user interface missing critical details that allowed effective party management, and the list goes on...  Honestly has this new DEV team ever played or looped a party in Lineage 2?  This question may sound rhetorical, but I sincerely would like to know...

Sincerely,

Me again...

I know NC.  

They can't bring the old dev team back because they've all moved on to other companies or projects.

You can tell NO ONE involved with NC actually plays this game, I'm including our illustrious GM's and mods too, because otherwise this would've been caught BEFORE it was implemented or at the very least in the 6 full days before they implemented the patch when tons of people came out of the woodwork to tell them this was a bad idea to implement.

Honestly, if NC actually cared then they would've delayed the actual update until they figured out how to make the changes they wanted while keeping what works for the players.

As it stands, it's very clear that the changes they wanted was purely to do with extracting more money from the whales as this is easily the most pay-to-win event I've ever seen in any game ever.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Juji said:

Yes, the other issues have been sent to the Dev team as well. I posted in other threads about the missing Blessed Soulshots, missing 5th hot bar, and the ability to see buffs/debuffs on your target. We have a list of more than 15+ issues for the Classic Server that is waiting for a response or follow up from the Dev team. Once I have confirmation we have fixes or changes coming, then I will post about it.

It is not a simple fix to add back a feature to a system that was designed by a different development team. Once our Dev team has it ready and tested, then we will plan for an emergency maintenance to implement.

The silly/frustrating thing is that the live server's UI is vastly better in usability. I would argue the older UI was superior visually as it is far more effective at presenting visual information. The classic UI fails at the most basic task of a UI. You know relaying information efficiently to the player/user via images. Then there's the whole bit about me not wanting to play a mobile game on my PC....

I do like the character select screen. Unfortunately after the first log all classic character select screens are bugged for me.
https://imgur.com/a/i0h3coK
Oddly enough the character select works fine when I log into one of the live servers.

EDIT : Oh and for god's sake get them to re-implement the right click to block/report functionality....

Edited by Tool_of_Society

6 hours ago, xTeddyx said:

Sincerely,

Me again...

I hate to say it, but I think Teddy is right, that is a awful lot of work for the Dev's, they would basically be making a new, custom update.  They should of stuck to their guns, left the level cap at it's original 75 I think it was, and never implemented the macro, that's not classic, and not needed.  Get everyone max level, open all the castles/forts, lower death penalty, fix the raids, active rewarding quests/dailies.  Give people things to actually do while playing active.  That's classic, not crying your BD won't dance then assist while you sleep.  

p.s.  I'm gonna mention to the president to raise minimum wage to 25$ an hour, I'll get back to you with what he says.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Juji said:

Yes, the other issues have been sent to the Dev team as well. I posted in other threads about the missing Blessed Soulshots, missing 5th hot bar, and the ability to see buffs/debuffs on your target. We have a list of more than 15+ issues for the Classic Server that is waiting for a response or follow up from the Dev team.

And make fish stew TRADABLE!!!

Colleagues,
You have to realize @Juji and @Hime are mostly community managers and they are not part of decission process. The changes applied in last update are mostly changes applicable for Essence server, currently being the milked cow for asian markets. For Essence where you use only selbuffs, new hunting method is super usefull, but for Classic where we have to actually farm, it was balant idea. Its worth noting we are less than 5% of community in L2.

Changes that came with update brought some irreversable damages to the server (part of community left, trust toward the Staff is very low). There is a post by member named d00vari who listed most important issues to fix in order to at least get part of the community back.

It is also worth to consider bringing back PTS, so that before next stupid idea we can at least prepare for it.

@Juji

I dont like you only because you never said sorry for promissing no p2w on server and then in 1 month from start implementing pendants. I understand it was probably forced to do that by development manager or so, but you should say sorry at least once to the community.

@Juji Doomcryet and Dominator Attrubte damage dosnt work after last patch, can you wrote that to dev team aswell?

Class DoomCryer
Skill used : Steal Essence
Hunting spot : Wall of Argos
Monster attribute : Earth
Monster vulnerability : Fire Attribute Attack
https://gyazo.com/d772d5dc300e9059f1046cdcbaf47193

Class : Soultaker
Skill used : Death Spike
HUnting Spot : Wall of Argos
Monster Attribute : Earth
Monster Vulnerability : Fire Attribute Attack
https://gyazo.com/9401e8dd70ac3be80382dccbd8429920

Class : Elemental Summoner
Skill used : Aqua Swirlt
https://gyazo.com/8d7e4e6322f06dc564eab536f0cfb8ec

There are some proofs, there's no any Bonus damage using Attribute on Doomcryer and DOminator classes.

10 minutes ago, Juji said:

We received an update today from the Dev team with the auto loop macro enabled again. Our team is currently testing it now before implementation.

Good job sir !!!
Is the issue with Doomcryer and Dominator classes gonna be fixed aswell?

14 minutes ago, Juji said:

We received an update today from the Dev team with the auto loop macro enabled again. Our team is currently testing it now before implementation.

Thx for the update!! :)

I also wanna know about any updates regarding WoDy's mention of the Doomcryer/Dominator issue with elemental attribute dmg 

Edited by Ingwaz

Class : Elemental Summoner
Skill used : Aqua Swirlt

https://gyazo.com/5b3241a1cfbeac9eb15ed7bcafdee613

anyways the thing is, I just wanted to give them a proof, that all classes got bonus damage using an attribute, and the Doomcryer and Dominator get 0 Bonus damage.

sometimes gyazo bug, hope this screen works

Edited by WoDy

4 hours ago, Juji said:

Ty @Juji

we are looking forward to the return of the macro loop, without forgetting the rest we need to fix but surely the macro loop will help a lot.

12 hours ago, Degusjr said:

I hate to say it, but I think Teddy is right, that is a awful lot of work for the Dev's, they would basically be making a new, custom update.  They should of stuck to their guns, left the level cap at it's original 75 I think it was, and never implemented the macro, that's not classic, and not needed.  Get everyone max level, open all the castles/forts, lower death penalty, fix the raids, active rewarding quests/dailies.  Give people things to actually do while playing active.  That's classic, not crying your BD won't dance then assist while you sleep.  

p.s.  I'm gonna mention to the president to raise minimum wage to 25$ an hour, I'll get back to you with what he says.

5 posts and 6 hours later Juji responds with confirmation they have a new patch with auto loop macros. :P While I'm still eager to have right click to report/block again or the ability to see my debuffs on my target this is a good start. Enough to keep me around for a few more weeks before the really TERRIBLE UI gets to me. I seriously cannot believe how many steps backwards this "new updated" UI is. In every aspect it's an inferior User Interface...

There was no original cap only an inability to gain xp due to monster levels and extremely steep xp requirements (aka only botters were doing +75 back in the day).  Macros have been in the game since day one of closed beta in korea. To try to write us all off as "crying about BD's not dancing while asleep" is to ignore what is actually being said. Either your agenda is to write the macro complaints off as babies crying over nothing or you're just not paying attention. The removal of looping macros was stupid and unneeded but what really got me was the complete removal of basic macro functions that have been a part of the game since day one.  For example assist macros don't work and when combined with the removal of the ability to mark opponents means PVP/PVE is vastly changed from how it has been for 15 years. There are a dozen other examples of macro functions that were removed for no reason.

I really wish I still had my screenshots from closed beta NA :(

Indeed the real classic had a lot more stuff to do as I've covered over and over in prior posts.

p.s. If minimum wage had kept up with inflation it would be around $12-$14. If minimum wage had kept up with the productivity increases of the American worker it would be about $20.

Edited by Tool_of_Society

7 hours ago, Juji said:

Finally, after a year and 3 months, an admin do something for the game after the voice of all the forum, TY admin and now u have many bugs additional to fix in this server.

this is the way to help the game to grow up again, hear your players ncsoft, plz hearrrrrr

Edited by Ank

8 hours ago, Juji said:

I really do think more people should be thanking Juji for at least getting us this. This is a huge step as I don't recall any other major change being reverted on the NA servers  exclusively in the past. At least do a quick thanks click :P

• Thanks 2

18 hours ago, Juji said:

Thank you, @Juji.
I have been following the post continuously, and your interaction and readiness to give an answer are manageable, it would be horrible people talked so much about mistakes and not having an answer, congratulations.

I would like to suggest to list here all the errors that were reported, because in our daily clan, I hear about several errors, and I didn't see an official list with all of them.

( @Juji, the pets go back l2? wolf, baby gougar etc)

What a great news! Thanks @Juji for your attention and support! It is a joy to know that you are paying attention to our demands. I will report to members of my clan to return to the game as soon as possible.

It is worth remembering that there are some other problems found in game, but certainly over the days, it will be corrected.
Once again, we are all grateful for your attention and commitment to this community.

Big hug

Edited by UrukHell

45 minutes ago, UrukHell said:

What a great news! Thanks @Juji for your attention and support! It is a joy to know that you are paying attention to our demands. I will report to members of my clan to return to the game as soon as possible.

It is worth remembering that there are some other problems found in game, but certainly over the days, it will be corrected.
Once again, we are all grateful for your attention and commitment to this community.

Big hug

Yes the UI itself is still a big ol steaming pile of a turd that is an actual regression in design...

You can’t anchor your Main Assist and your party gets stuck or overlaps other people’s hunting areas.  Bring back the original Auto-Hunt box where you can drag a macro into it and your Main Assist doesn’t attack the next target but simply buffs and heals while choosing the next target for your party to engage.  This new Auto-Hunt box is a hundred times inferior to the previous one!  It is definitely not an improvement but more of a hassle and an inconvenience.  Seriously you guys need to test things for functionality before you release it and make sure it’s effective and makes sense!  Or better yet, get devs that actually play the game and understand the mechanics and strategies of how your players are playing it!

Reepectfully,

Teddy

You can’t anchor your Main Assist and your party gets stuck or overlaps other people’s hunting areas.  Bring back the original Auto-Hunt box where you can drag a macro into it and your Main Assist doesn’t attack the next target but simply buffs and heals while choosing the next target for your party to engage.  This new Auto-Hunt box is a hundred times inferior to the previous one!  It is definitely not an improvement but more of a hassle and an inconvenience.  Seriously you guys need to test things for functionality before you release it and make sure it’s effective and makes sense!  Or better yet, get devs that actually play the game and understand the mechanics and strategies of how your players are playing it!

Reepectfully,

Teddy

Okay but at least you can work around it by using an extra toon thats sitting down and picking targets. the group heal/group buff that you talk about can be assigned to anyone else in party;

Edited by nutcase