Many of you are looking at this wrong...

By making this change, they can identify exactly who is using 3rd party programming.  You see this is a trap to identify all of those accounts to perma ban them.  In a couple of week they will go back to the way thing were and all those accounts will be gone.  And everyone's crying about Bots will be solved.

In the meantime here is how I am playing...go to an area with white mobs to your character.  Turn off soulshots.  Have your buffer macro ready, target the lead toon, run the buff macro(s), click auto hunt, set a timer on your phone for 19 minutes.  When timer goes off, turn off auto hunt, rebuff, then restart auto hunt and reset timer.

Yes I can't be AFK, I need to be nearby, but at least it is working in the background while I am doing other things near.

Edited by GreatStateofTX
typo

You can only be kidding, I sincerely hope it is a joke, you couldn't be more deluded ... What does Koreano say about the same update and they just didn't bring the macro back and several bots still work ?? What about Essence who is simply dead because of that same update ?? Have you seen how many bots are running on the server today? Do you really think that banning one account or several by IP takes two weeks ?? Everyone seeing is very bad, but there are several who do not want to see ...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GreatStateofTX said:

By making this change, they can identify exactly who is using 3rd party programming.  You see this is a trap to identify all of those accounts to perma ban them.  In a couple of week they will go back to the way thing were and all those accounts will be gone.  And everyone's crying about Bots will be solved.

In the meantime here is how I am playing...go to an area with white mobs to your character.  Turn off soulshots.  Have your buffer macro ready, target the lead toon, run the buff macro(s), click auto hunt, set a timer on your phone for 19 minutes.  When timer goes off, turn off auto hunt, rebuff, then restart auto hunt and reset timer.

Yes I can't be AFK, I need to be nearby, but at least it is working in the background while I am doing other things near.

LOL, I guarantee you're giving them too much credit.

There is no master plan, if they cared about identifying bots then they would simply need to open their eyes in any hunting area.

Edited by blaaahhhh

I can't even post a proper response because I can't stop laughing at how naive OP is being...

EDIT : Okay got ahold of myself.

The autohunt feature is done server side so it's a simple thing to see who is running that. The auto repeat macro function should be obvious too because they could easily have the game client confirm in a hidden way that it's auto repeating macros.  Of course I'm not sure on the auto repeat macro function doing that as it would require a little work on NcSoft's korea's side and god knows they aren't likely to spare the money/time to do that. NcSoft isn't one to invest in a game unless it adds a potential source of income like an ingame cash store...

Edited by Tool_of_Society

The sarcasm on this post is absotulely fantastic.

" By making this change, they can identify exactly who is using 3rd party programming.  You see this is a trap to identify all of those accounts to perma ban them.  In a couple of week they will go back to the way thing were and all those accounts will be gone.  And everyone's crying about Bots will be solved. ........."

Oh wait ! It is sarcasm, isn't it ? O.o

It's not like we're looking at it badly ... It's WRONG and you don't want to realize it.
Understands! The bots have always been, are and always will be. This update does not change for good, but for worse ... The people of my clan no longer want to play, because we are people with family and the macro helped us to optimize the time.
You don't mean he didn't play normal ... Towards Raid, he cheered and quest. Now there are no people to do Raid, farming is a nightmare and I only have the quest.
I mean this update (No Macro) is destroying the server.
About your way of farming is acceptable, but as I told you there are many people with family and work.