Forums

Server Maintenance: Wednesday, May 16, 2018

Conguero

Each event i buy ~12000 ncoins and see what is the max i can get . so at this event i wont buy any ncoins cause with 12000 ncoins there is nothing i can make cause i already have lvl4 jewels 2 year now 

what ncsoft sould have done is make it easier craft 6slot brooch and make it expensive craft the new rare brooch  so more ppl have access to end game staff and those who upgrade now to a 6slot brooch next event try for rare brooch .

but as always their marketing is poor and cannot make long term plans

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If for you giving 12k ncoin seems normal doesnt mean that 90% of the server agree with you.And if ncsoft doesnt want the money from 90% of the people and wants the 10% ,then i suggest them looking for a new job cause mathematicaly they go their disaster.Their results appears today where we see naia and frea dead and more and more ppl quiting.But i laugh with ncsoft that sees that situation and doesnt want to change their strategy.Probably they want to close the game .....

My opinion is that there are some positive aspects in this new event..

Of course the top reward is way too expensive but at least you know the exact amount that you have to pay to obtain this.. 

On the same hand, what i saw last night in Aden market, is a ton of cheap jewels.. Jewels that can be probably purchased by new players or players who haven't or don't want to sell their car/house in order to play a game..

What will happen remains to be seen..

It funny. Who can't buy top items, think game is dead, no reason to play and need quit.

You forgot style of Lineage 2. It is unreachable the top of game.

Maybe they want whales to remember that style.

7 hours ago, Volotron said:

If for you giving 12k ncoin seems normal doesnt mean that 90% of the server agree with you.And if ncsoft doesnt want the money from 90% of the people and wants the 10% ,then i suggest them looking for a new job cause mathematicaly they go their disaster.Their results appears today where we see naia and frea dead and more and more ppl quiting.But i laugh with ncsoft that sees that situation and doesnt want to change their strategy.Probably they want to close the game .....

Naia is dead because no1 fights DH. A server is only alive when there are fights to control dragons and castles, when someone wins the server, it becomes dead. It ain't nothing to do with this absurd prices.

As we see ncwest don't care. No price change, again p2w event...

So when we should expect dragon weapons, dragon shirts, sayha talismans...?

Btw why did you put price in usd for ingame items (like eternal sets, weapons) to document about media contest? :D 

The developers are not the only ones that are destroying this game, its also the mentality of the players.

Ofcourse it going to be expensive to skip 14 years of gameplay. 

When an upgrade is introduced you are supposed to have the previous top or close to top. For me this time i only buy one pack and got a glorious brooch because i already had the 6-slot brooch.

Was that expensive? Yes, i think so.  I agree that general pricing is to high but it was nothing around the Money i would need to go from no brooch to new rare top brooch.

And that is the mentality problem that i see now and what is killing the game. Players want to go from 0 to top when something new is introduced. 

This has never been Lineage 2. In the early days when something new was introduced it sometimes took you years to reach the top. It took me over 3 years to get Longing for example. I did not expect to buy or get it the first day.

Signing off...

8 hours ago, Miraggio said:

The developers are not the only ones that are destroying this game, its also the mentality of the players.

Ofcourse it going to be expensive to skip 14 years of gameplay. 

When an upgrade is introduced you are supposed to have the previous top or close to top. For me this time i only buy one pack and got a glorious brooch because i already had the 6-slot brooch.

Was that expensive? Yes, i think so.  I agree that general pricing is to high but it was nothing around the Money i would need to go from no brooch to new rare top brooch.

And that is the mentality problem that i see now and what is killing the game. Players want to go from 0 to top when something new is introduced. 

This has never been Lineage 2. In the early days when something new was introduced it sometimes took you years to reach the top. It took me over 3 years to get Longing for example. I did not expect to buy or get it the first day.

Signing off...

I think this is well said. Many players just want to skip the 14 years of progression and get to the top and definitely will cost a lot more if they want to get all the best gear.

But looking at the prices of the l2store, it used to be 8k max for some packs but now it has gone to 16k and 24k ncoins top packs. That is not the right way to charge loyal players who have supported them these past many years and that would also overwhelm the new players who wants to join in this beautiful game.

In this promo only broch for sale is 2 slot one.

There is no way to buy elegant 6 slot or gamble for it by opening boxes

You cant buy gemstone powder and you need more than 400 powder to make 6 slot broch from 2 slot broch on sale.

So if you don't have 6 slot broch from before promo is pointless.

And If you go to buy so much jewelry only to change them for powder then you need to buy a lot more to gamble the rest by compounding into high grade jewels.

Over thousand dollars is too much compared with 30 dollar subscription games

2 hours ago, Lindethiel said:

I think this is well said. Many players just want to skip the 14 years of progression and get to the top and definitely will cost a lot more if they want to get all the best gear.

But looking at the prices of the l2store, it used to be 8k max for some packs but now it has gone to 16k and 24k ncoins top packs. That is not the right way to charge loyal players who have supported them these past many years and that would also overwhelm the new players who wants to join in this beautiful game.

New players will never do that they will never join in this game!! and why? lets say for example a new player want to start and make a pvp setup char do you know how much dolars need to make a full top gear pvp setup char? with everything ? More than 25 thousands dolars. and lets say that this player dont donate ? what he will wait 3 years to collect 100 billions adena? to buy 1 Brooch or 1 +10 dark set or 1 +16 Weapon or ONE ruby lv 5 not even 6 with atm right now cost 180 Bill???? tell me what new players? 0 players will come and more are quiting ... there is no ncsoft only pocketSoft there is ! they dont want to help the ppl in the game they dont want to bring more ppl in the game !! this is the end those who have money they will pay those who dont have so much money they are doomed or Future Quit players this is the truth

On 17/5/2018 at 11:22 PM, Neesir said:

Naia is dead because no1 fights DH. A server is only alive when there are fights to control dragons and castles, when someone wins the server, it becomes dead. It ain't nothing to do with this absurd prices.

Who cares about dh ruling the server dude????I am talking about prices of jewels now.Think before you write something.And dont express for other issues your disapointing of your defeat against dh fight.

10 hours ago, ChiChele said:

New players will never do that they will never join in this game!! and why? lets say for example a new player want to start and make a pvp setup char do you know how much dolars need to make a full top gear pvp setup char? with everything ? More than 25 thousands dolars. and lets say that this player dont donate ? what he will wait 3 years to collect 100 billions adena? to buy 1 Brooch or 1 +10 dark set or 1 +16 Weapon or ONE ruby lv 5 not even 6 with atm right now cost 180 Bill???? tell me what new players? 0 players will come and more are quiting ... there is no ncsoft only pocketSoft there is ! they dont want to help the ppl in the game they dont want to bring more ppl in the game !! this is the end those who have money they will pay those who dont have so much money they are doomed or Future Quit players this is the truth

And the people which are rich chichele dont think that they will also give their money for a dead game.When the majority of people stop paying ncsoft then for sure and the rich players will stop too.

On 5/18/2018 at 1:01 AM, Miraggio said:

Of course they do when you spend $500-1500 dollars you expect to get more than a kiss on the cheek. Thats why this monetization model has an expiration date. New players can't handle getting destroyed by veterans. Veterans can't justify spending money on events that give so little. Rock meet hard place.

You could dump 8,000$ into the game and end up with roughly top gear across the board and lvl 4 brooch gems.
Would take another 18,000$ (on average, estimated) in order to get most of the lvl 6 gems you need. 
There are clans that 2-3 people in a single CP have 4-6 Lvl 6 Brooch gems, and they have 2-6 CPs like this
Naia and Freya died because all of those people ended up on one side. 
One wrong political move on chronos and it dies too. 
Ill never understand why these items are in the game the way they currently are (mainly a pricing/how you buy them issue).

Every time they double down on this business model, I literally cant believe it, because it is causing the end of the game much sooner than it other wise would. What do we have currently? 2-3 years more? maybe? If the brooch gems were fixed that might be 3-6 (while being profitable still).

Like, wat

Edit: Fighting people with that gear advantage, is extremely difficult if youre the 8000$ guy, if you arent him, its impossible. This is what causes the servers to end up lopsided/no competition, which causes them to die.

Are any GMs going to respond to anything about what is happening in the game/what people are saying in this thread. I mean, they created it, why not answer some people right?

@Neutron

@Conguero

@Juji

(All the GMs I 'know')

You guys keep saying you want to help improve the game and such, so why not give it a go?

-i.e. Feedback is one of/if not the best way to improve the current condition of the game btw, and you guys are getting a ton of it.

36 minutes ago, ChocolateChip said:

Are any GMs going to respond to anything about what is happening in the game/what people are saying in this thread. I mean, they created it, why not answer some people right?

@Neutron

@Conguero

@Juji

(All the GMs I 'know')

You guys keep saying you want to help improve the game and such, so why not give it a go?

-i.e. Feedback is one of/if not the best way to improve the current condition of the game btw, and you guys are getting a ton of it.

ADVISE: Bottom line, the unfortunate lesson here is to not ask. I was going to link @Draecke 's post earlier given its seeming relevance on many areas of discussion - from a player/paying customer perspective, it optically hit the nail on the head; however, it seems to have gone *POOF*. At the end of the day, @Draecke 's post should have been answered - avoidance (and possibly deletion) looks horrible.

Why not provide answers to: 1) Why are you taking out any event items that would help narrow the gap? 2) By taking these out, are you not perpetuating the problem? 3) For returning players, if #1 & #2 have factual basis (and they do), what is the draw for new and/or returning players. 4) If one expects ppl to play and even pay for game items, should 1,2, and 3 not be readily answered in order to support someone's choice to return or start the game?

These are legitimate questions & they do not constitute any type of misbehaviour under the rules/conduct of this forum. So for not only new and returning players, how about answering them for players who have come back and are extremely discouraged by the lack of being forthright and providing clarity. Lastly, maybe a change of perspective tip: one doesn't answer them because they were asked by @abc, or even sarcastically state that a paying client should not expect reasonable answers; rather, one should answer because the question begs a proper answer.

Cheers.

Right now, NCSoft views Lineage 2 as nothing more or less than a cash cow.  They will milk the cow as much as they can until it runs dry, then kill it.  All the arguments about more people buying and the game lasting longer if they cut prices or use a different model will always fall on deaf ears.  Does anyone really think they haven't thought all of these actions out ahead of time.  They are acting in the way that they know will maximize profits.  They don't care about the game or their customers except as a way of making money.  If the "rich addicts" (and, perhaps unfortunately, I am one) quit buying, they'll simply shut down the game and move on to the next money-maker.  

3 minutes ago, GentlemanJim said:

Right now, NCSoft views Lineage 2 as nothing more or less than a cash cow.  They will milk the cow as much as they can until it runs dry, then kill it.  All the arguments about more people buying and the game lasting longer if they cut prices or use a different model will always fall on deaf ears.  Does anyone really think they haven't thought all of these actions out ahead of time.  They are acting in the way that they know will maximize profits.  They don't care about the game or their customers except as a way of making money.  If the "rich addicts" (and, perhaps unfortunately, I am one) quit buying, they'll simply shut down the game and move on to the next money-maker.  

Then maybe take your suggestion in the last sentence (i.e. I know a lot who have taken this stance including myself). Personally, I would expect any ethical company to be able to answer the simple questions in the post above yours - if ppl can't answer why you should do business with them, then is this not a red flag in itself.

But HiccUps, what are they going to say? If they are being completely honest, all they will say is that they are acting to maximize their profits, which is obvious anyway.  They can't very well say they don't care about the long term health of the game, though that is also obviously true.  There are some questions they should be willing to answer, like whether it's true that they manipulate the events so the odds are better in the beginning than they are as time passes.(which, if true, is stunningly dishonest; basically a bait and switch).  But they really have nothing useful to say in answer to the questions you are asking.  You already know the answer.  They are acting to maximize profits and they've determined that this is the way to do so.

This might help everybody to understand why we have the current event with the pricing, dynamic probabilities etc. it has:
http://www.koreatimes.co.kr/www/tech/2018/05/134_248847.html
(Special thanks to Aram for the information!)

Here are links to the original NCsoft statements the analyst from NH Investment & Securities is referring to:
http://boards.rochand.com/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=407&start=2090#p38037

@ Conguero:
Some people might consider words like "monetization" as inappropriate, dirty language. But since in this case it comes from your own Chief Financial Officer, maybe you could leave this post up? :)

2 hours ago, GentlemanJim said:

But HiccUps, what are they going to say? If they are being completely honest, all they will say is that they are acting to maximize their profits, which is obvious anyway.  They can't very well say they don't care about the long term health of the game, though that is also obviously true.  There are some questions they should be willing to answer, like whether it's true that they manipulate the events so the odds are better in the beginning than they are as time passes.(which, if true, is stunningly dishonest; basically a bait and switch).  But they really have nothing useful to say in answer to the questions you are asking.  You already know the answer.  They are acting to maximize profits and they've determined that this is the way to do so.

The idea that a business is out to make money should go without saying. The delivery of a game for altruistic reasons is a foolish wish by people who want something free. The pricing of items (i.e. can be considered the piggishness of any company) is a subjective stance based on personal circumstance mostly. That said, if totally outrageous, then what is deemed piggish pricing is not only the view of those who want free, but eventually will include even those who can afford and deem that abc company has gone too far. This is what is optically shown via the majority of players and their sum of posts (in game and in forum).

Now regardless of the level of pricing, my basic questions above (and really there are a lot more) should be quickly answered by any company that wants and/or desires any type of client base because at that moment & for those questions, their pricing is moot. These are simple questions. I don't want to receive an apology for your pricing, frankly I don't give a damn; however, the answers of the questions above do matter. 

Archived