Forums

Server Maintenance: Wednesday, May 16, 2018

Conguero

7 hours ago, GentlemanJim said:

You already know the answer.  They are acting to maximize profits and they've determined that this is the way to do so.

They're maximizing profits in the only way they know how. Churn and burning a client base is short term at best. L2 has always been a harsh mistress, but item gambling that takes legitimately $1k to obtain is above and beyond the ridiculousness this game ever had.

They're getting their last revenue hurrah before they Lineage1 this region next year. It looks more and more obvious. We have no guarantee otherwise. Why anyone invests in the events when this game has one foot in the grave is beyond me.

So stop hoarding items, talk some smack and PVP, spend adena and blow up gear. Have some fun, because the end is nigh.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 5/18/2018 at 11:01 AM, Miraggio said:

The developers are not the only ones that are destroying this game, its also the mentality of the players.

Ofcourse it going to be expensive to skip 14 years of gameplay. 

When an upgrade is introduced you are supposed to have the previous top or close to top. For me this time i only buy one pack and got a glorious brooch because i already had the 6-slot brooch.

Was that expensive? Yes, i think so.  I agree that general pricing is to high but it was nothing around the Money i would need to go from no brooch to new rare top brooch.

And that is the mentality problem that i see now and what is killing the game. Players want to go from 0 to top when something new is introduced. 

This has never been Lineage 2. In the early days when something new was introduced it sometimes took you years to reach the top. It took me over 3 years to get Longing for example. I did not expect to buy or get it the first day.

Signing off...

We're talking about things that can only be obtained through the l2store. We're talking about new and important items that keep getting introduced month after month. They are overpriced, they cater only to top geared people and in the meantime options to gear up decently enough just for pve -let alone pvp- are getting more and more scarce.

4 hours ago, Truffle said:

What makes you think even I will spend anything on this event.. :D It costed me ~30billion to make the new brooch (farmed in game) wont bother for the augment as they are almost useless.

Is it worth the magnificent rare brooch?

On 20/5/2018 at 5:01 PM, Candee said:

As long as they make 90k per event (just from the "limited pack" so far) nothing will ever change

And you think 90k is too much for a company like ncsoft????xaxaxaxa

You made me laugh!!!!!

Salient points from NCsoft's recent earnings report:

- From January 1 to March 31 NCWest made from all of its games 37 million dollars

- During the same time Lineage 2 generated a revenue of 14 million dollars worldwide (NCWest, NCKorea ...)

- NCsoft as a whole had a gross revenue of 475 million dollars during that time, out of which 264 million were contributed by mobile games

- Out of that gross revenue they had to pay, among other things, 125 million dollars for salaries and 2.6 million dollars for rent

In other words, those 90k pay for about 1/10 of their monthly rent :P

Give Truffle credit for being an astute businessman and for creating the strongest character in the game.  He definitely doesn't need the augments.  And farming $30 billion in game is nothing to Truffle.  The rest of us?  Not quite so easy.

3 hours ago, Yidao said:

Salient points from NCsoft's recent earnings report:

- From January 1 to March 31 NCWest made from all of its games 37 million dollars

- During the same time Lineage 2 generated a revenue of 14 million dollars worldwide (NCWest, NCKorea ...)

- NCsoft as a whole had a gross revenue of 475 million dollars during that time, out of which 264 million were contributed by mobile games

- Out of that gross revenue they had to pay, among other things, 125 million dollars for salaries and 2.6 million dollars for rent

In other words, those 90k pay for about 1/10 of their monthly rent :P

Sorry m8 , but  the point of view to things may vary depending on view angle.

You cannot compare the whole cost of company existence with lineage 2 chronos server income.  Maybe 90k is  1/10 of monthly rent for NCsoft , but as a product it output a profit. I do not know percentage but i presume its huge.  

And that what you pointed out is something like saying "Hey ncsoft company can cover only 1/1000 of jeff Bezos capital" . At same time NCsoft is a sucessfull company but not at that big scale .  

That's a good point. The difference between revenue and profit is precisely the reason why the analysts in the Korea Times article I linked on the previous page have given out a warning about NCsoft stock.

Out of its average quarterly revenue of 30 million dollars NCWest must not only pay the staff in Aliso Viejo (Neutron, Conguero etc.) who actually help make money, but also the more than 100 developers in their Iron Tiger Mobile Studio in Northern California, who have not yet generated one cent of revenue and are so far behind schedule that they aren't even mentioned any more by CFO Yun Jae-su in his quarterly earnings reports. And then there is Carbine Studios, creators of the blockbuster world success WildStar, who are working on an Action Online Role Playing Game since half an eternity without showing even a demo version. And that's not to mention the projects cooking in Korea, mainly four new mobile games, with Blade & Soul 2 going back to the drawing board being the cause of the latest NCsoft stock drop.

So NCsoft has not really been a very successful company these days. What should really worry you is how it can be that the B&S 2 developers could putter around for a whole year until somebody noticed that the game is not what the management had in mind. Even Conguero must write weekly reports. Who is it that is refusing to read those reports? In other words, NCsoft has a structural problem, and everybody knows it. When you check the graph here, you can see that their stock has been dropping for the last five months, i.e. long before the B&S 2 disaster:
http://boards.rochand.com/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=407&start=2090#p38037

Archived