Forums

Improvement for the server

Sankh

On 1/22/2020 at 3:28 AM, Sankh said:

Currently the servers are in need of population growth. I believe that following increases the interaction between players:

• Joining the servers
  • Reducing the box limit to 1/pc

PS: We need this urgently.

The naivete is cute.

Could you give us a hint what "joining the servers" is even supposed to mean?

You can try to limit the accounts to 1 per PC but you will never succeed. Not without making the game basically unplayable for everyone. I played from day one of classic up until looping macros with 9 PCs of which 6 were small form factor business machines I bought for $50-70 delivered off ebay. I controlled them via USB numkey pads which you can get cheap off amazon.

Want to get a population going? Well basically it's too late as NcSoft as dcked every opportunity for this game to grow. NcSoft (korea) is far too interested in short term quarterly income to care about the long term health of their games. This has been the standard for the company for a very long time. With their current addiction to mobile gaming It'll only get worse for the PC side of things. That's why I refuse to buy any NcSoft game and I only play L2 because of the nostalgia.

If they put some real effort into banning the obvious bot farms like in RoA and made it so live players had a means to upgrade their gear via in game work then maybe the game would start to grow some. Maybe change the 8x stuff to not two shot my doom wearing tank etc..This version of classic is a shell of what real classic was. Most of the content that existed during the real classic era has been removed. Things that gave the "little" people something to do like Fortresses, the manor system, or the Ancient adena seven sign stuff. Pets were a thing that sucked up hours upon hours of my time in classic but those were removed too (would also allow solo players to level successfully). They even removed soul crystal leveling thus removing another source of income for the "little people"..  Now the final insults came in the latest patch where they tried to make classic into a mobile game for no apparent reason. The last of the people I have been playing with quit leaving me to watch xp bars very very slowly creep up while deleting stacks of drops that are now utterly worthless. I have two accounts dedicated to just vending and despite that constant effort I sold very few mats to players. I ended up selling the mats to the NPC the day before the patch. I sold about 200m in coal, cokes, suede, metallic fiber, ore, etc. talking like 300k stems alone. All that because no one was buying materials prior to the change and no one is buying now. My guess is because recipes are stupid rare and since A grade is ridiculously expensive to unseal no one wants to craft them... Anyway I'm on a a bit of a rant right now because I'm still salty from the stupidity of the last patch. I'm not sure if I'm going to keep playing at this rate as there's really no point because I know the next changes will just make everything worse as history repeats itself with Ncsoft.