Bring back SpiritShots for the poor mages

Mages are completely gimped that normal Spiritshots have been removed from the grocer. it went from like 34 adena per spiritshot to 94 adena per blessed spiritshot.

used to cost 34 million adena for 1 million spiritshots, now its 94 million for 1 million blessed spiritshots. this makes hunting as a mage almost impossible to use any spiritshots now due to the high cost.

please consider adding back normal spiritshots..

• L2 Team

I had a meeting with the Dev team last night to discuss adding back the Spiritshots and Blessed Soulshots. The removal of the shots was an intentional design decision for game balance and to unify the shot system for all regions. We will not be able to add them back to the game :(

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Juji said:

I had a meeting with the Dev team last night to discuss adding back the Spiritshots and Blessed Soulshots. The removal of the shots was an intentional design decision for game balance and to unify the shot system for all regions. We will not be able to add them back to the game :(

Of course and I doubt any of them actually play the game based off their horrible UI "update"... They would probably be surprised to learn that buffers used the spirit shots. Heck at low levels I used spirit shots on anything I nuked with because it was by far more cost effective most of the time. It's the only thing new players to the game could hope to afford and that was when drops were actually worth something even if that worth was only a little...

I love how their intentional design choices for "balance" have led to a state of the game where playing a dwarf class of any kind is a bad idea and the botters/cheaters prevail...

EDIT : Did you get a chance to ask them to add back in vital game play aspects of the UI like the ability to see debuffs on your target? Or maybe right click on name to block? or increasing the thickness of the CP bar beyond a couple pixels so it's actually useful for seeing in combat? Frankly the UI is so terrible I'd rather they revert to the prior one or at least what Live has.

I would love to hear their explanation for removing/breaking such basic aspects of the UI. Is the goal to push people to live or to push classic into a crappy mobile game?

Edited by Tool_of_Society

Soul and spirit shots in classic are luxury items for pvp.

You should not double your damage for no good reason when you farm some mobs around the map, it is not sustainable and also do not fair against monsters who do not use shots either.

• Like 1

On 1/23/2020 at 3:23 PM, Juji said:

@Juji @Hime

normal SpiritShots have always been in the game, Blessed SoulShots has not. i can completely understand removing them as i heard it was unintentional to have them added but they decided to let them stay.

how is blessed spiritshots, and normal soulshots balance? why not just blessed soulshots and blessed spirit, so both sides of the fence have to pay the higher cost? how come a majority of all characters on the server have to pay 3x more adena (which you guys keep finding new ways to prevent us from getting) yet the other side can continue to use the cheap stuff?

price gouging mages is not balance. everything mages is already higher price market wise. please have one additional conversation about this subject before its completely closed. think of us people who can barely afford to do anything due to very low adena drops.

or maybe a supplemental daily reward, just like the monster hunts, you get X amount of either soulshots or spiritshots, doesnt have to be a large amount, just something to help earn some to help reduce costs to play.

Edited by MistressVictoria

On 1/23/2020 at 3:23 PM, Juji said:

@Juji It's a bit one-sided to force such global corrections on us, while leaving constraints like +5 tattoo limit and inability to debuff epic raids that other regions don't have to deal with. Or are those not part of game balance?

13 hours ago, Karesz said:

Soul and spirit shots in classic are luxury items for pvp.

You should not double your damage for no good reason when you farm some mobs around the map, it is not sustainable and also do not fair against monsters who do not use shots either.

Lol that's news to me. When playing classic lineage 2 almost 16 years ago I had no problem affording shots and upgrades while leveling. This is supposed to be "classic" lineage 2 and classically shots were affordable and even required for normal leveling. To try to claim they were for PVP only is to try to rewrite 16 years of history that stands contrary to your assertions...

oooh wait you're making a parody post my bad that punch line at the end kind of gave me a chuckle thanks.

1 hour ago, MistressVictoria said:

@Juji @Hime

normal SpiritShots have always been in the game, Blessed SoulShots has not. i can completely understand removing them as i heard it was unintentional to have them added but they decided to let them stay.

how is blessed spiritshots, and normal soulshots balance? why not just blessed soulshots and blessed spirit, so both sides of the fence have to pay the higher cost? how come a majority of all characters on the server have to pay 3x more adena (which you guys keep finding new ways to prevent us from getting) yet the other side can continue to use the cheap stuff?

price gouging mages is not balance. everything mages is already higher price market wise. please have one additional conversation about this subject before its completely closed. think of us people who can barely afford to do anything due to very low adena drops.

or maybe a supplemental daily reward, just like the monster hunts, you get X amount of either soulshots or spiritshots, doesnt have to be a large amount, just something to help earn some to help reduce costs to play.

Oh don't worry I'm sure they'll unify spirit shots and soul shots into just "shots" that require 100 adena per swing. Maybe they'll just straight up charge us adena per swing and do away with shots in general as a game balance decision.

I'd still like to be able to change my dwarf's class to something useful...

On 1/23/2020 at 2:23 PM, Juji said:

In many cases "Spiritshots" were used just to increase casting speed.  Now people have to spend 3 times as much just for casting speed?  It's like only selling super-unleaded gasoline and this is what you drive!

erhygtrdegtrrgt.jpg

On 2020. 01. 25. at 12:05 AM, Tool_of_Society said:

Oh don't worry I'm sure they'll unify spirit shots and soul shots into just "shots" that require 100 adena per swing. Maybe they'll just straight up charge us adena per swing and do away with shots in general as a game balance decision.

Oh I see, you are a man of culture as well.

That! That is a prophecy, a vision, a feature! 

Just think about the simple and elegant design. A new button in the UI to setup how much adena you would like to burn for each swing/spell. 10 adena +1dmg, 100.000 adena +10,000 dmg. It would be much easier to fight in pvp or kill antharas, and there would be no inflation, ever. :)

On 1/23/2020 at 10:23 PM, Juji said:

yeah so they wont even deny they just want to make less work for themselves and doesn't even care or have analyst team which analyses different pop/age servers and make adjustments to have best experience