Macro-loop was not implemented correctly

Gazob1

I noticed that the macro-loop does not work in conjuction with the auto-hunt feature like it did before, the auto-hunt is supposed to run with at least one macro activated. It currently makes a lot of farming strategies worse or flat out unviable. It has to work like the Lineage 2 Live version.

Whenever you press auto-hunt it shuts down all running macros, allowing only the skills to be spammed on repeat with the new system, this is clearly a design made for the Lineage 2 Essence version, not Classic.

The auto-hunt is a smart feature to target mobs and focus on the target until it's dead, which was a very good feature to have WITH the macro-loop system, if you can't use both then you have to make workarounds with another box account with a very poor and temporary ugly "fix".

Please consider checking it out, as it was once a core mechanic from the game that was gutted overnight. @Juji @Hime

Thanks.

Edited by Gazob1

It doesn't work, the auto-hunt takes priority and replaces the macro with the Attack action, I don't want a character to attack but still take next targets like it used to do, now I simply cannot, both systems are mixed together instead of the macro-loop having priority with the target system of the auto-hunt.

The way it used to work is that the auto-hunt used to keep the macro on loop without forcing the character to attack unless you made them attack within the macro, if you wanted the character ONLY to attack then you'd have no macro activated, you could drag the macro to the little box in the old interface, or just right click it in your bar, both were the same functionality with only 1 macro active per character.

I don't want my healer to attack mobs, I want him to use a heal on stand mode and use a delay, while getting targets. The workaround is to make a healer spam Self Heal because he's gonna stand still, but that makes the character completely useless.

I failed to communicate the proper issue, thanks for clarify.

Edited by Gazob1

This function was essential to ensure our party stays in one spot. It can still b done but we have to waste a character doin nothing, not even buff/heal... just stay there and target.

Its a shame as this is a step back from the previous macro system

6 hours ago, Gazob1 said:

It doesn't work, the auto-hunt takes priority and replaces the macro with the Attack action, I don't want a character to attack but still take next targets like it used to do, now I simply cannot, both systems are mixed together instead of the macro-loop having priority with the target system of the auto-hunt.

The way it used to work is that the auto-hunt used to keep the macro on loop without forcing the character to attack unless you made them attack within the macro, if you wanted the character ONLY to attack then you'd have no macro activated, you could drag the macro to the little box in the old interface, or just right click it in your bar, both were the same functionality with only 1 macro active per character.

I don't want my healer to attack mobs, I want him to use a heal on stand mode and use a delay, while getting targets. The workaround is to make a healer spam Self Heal because he's gonna stand still, but that makes the character completely useless.

I failed to communicate the proper issue, thanks for clarify.

AUtohunt doesn't exactly take priority over macros.  While autohunt does try to attack while the buff macro is cycling it doesn't interrupt the macro and all the buffs and delay will occur. If you want to select targets without moving then you do what you had to do prior to autohunt being added to the game. I grinded for a few years on live with just looping macros. I didn't realize you could use macros with autohunt like that for at least a month after autohunt was introduced. My parties were running fine prior and I never needed to do what you're doing. 

Your clarification helped greatly for me to understand what you were talking about.

Edited by Tool_of_Society

Like our friend commented above, you need another account just to take targets. The auto-hunt takes the target and only changes whenever it dies, the macro doesn't have this feature and will keep changing targets. The efficiency to have auto-hunt + macro was a great feature and now it's been removed, there are ways to "fix" the problem but the problem shouldn't exist in the first place. The old system was 10x much better, there is no logic for the character to attack a mob while running macros because I can have the attack command within the macro however I want. The macros on Live are still intact.

Edited by Gazob1