New Update Pros vs. Cons

OneDayDelete

I want to hear other players opinion of the new update. It's been a week and I've been talking through it with friends. Let me start by saying we are all casual players, none of us are top-tier "end game" players etc. However, we've all been playing for about 10 years each on average. There are a couple of nice things this update brought but overall there are far to many nerfs and I think it's really going to hurt the server/game.

Pros

Free exalted gear is nice for your low level toons. Even if you're a top-tier player, you have a farm group somewhere using some of this stuff.

Abandoned Coal Mine is a nice timed zone for 100-105 toons to level.

Increase in mobs at Crater and Phantasmal Ridge

Cons

The adena nerfs no matter where you hunt are terrible. You can't even farm enough adena to pay for shots or spirit ore.

The drop rate of the Aden chests are terrible compared to the elite monster boxes that used to drop. - On top of that, you only get 70k from a box (with a small chance at a random better item) rather than 300k (and a small chance at armor piece etc.)

They took out the 100% static XP from the exalted.

They took 10% out of the XP in the Ability points.

Even drop rate nerf in places like Primevil Isle

They have these 115+ hunting areas as "new hunting zones" but they nerfed the xp so bad no one will EVER cross the threshold of 114 to even hunt in those areas. This has caused the entire server to hunt in the same 3 spots basically.

Not only that, but spots that people went to farm like Land of Chaos are so garbage now that no one goes there which increases the population in those previously spoken 3 spots.

Baylor, Kama, Tauti, Octavis, etc. drop NOTHING

Not only do they not drop anything but they're a lot harder now. The fact that they're harder wouldn't be a big deal if they actually dropped something. You spend 40 minutes doing Baylor and everyone gets a box worth 1.2 million adena and that's it. It's not even worth the time spent doing it. Great job NC Soft, you raised the level of the instance so people would do them again, however, you made the reward so bad, it's not even worth the time and therefore defeated the purpose of raising the level of the instance.

The new crafting system is garbage. It will take 100 days to get enough Ether to craft a piece of R110 at a 60% chance??? You can't even craft a full set of gear in a years time at that rate with 100% chance!  A whole new update will be here before you ever craft a set of gear. Kudos again NCSOFT!

I'm sure there's more here I missed but it seems like this is the worst update yet. The lack of farming ability is going to drive the "little fish" away from the game because they won't/can't spend a ton of money in the L2Store. Say what you will about the little fish not being able to swim in a big pond and it's their problem they can't spend more money, but the fact of the matter is, when there are no more little fish for the big fish to feed on, the big fish die off too. Lower level more casual players will quit and eventually the higher level top-tier players will follow suit because there are no more lower level players around to beat up on. They'll become bored with the game as well and quit.

Don't worry though guys, @Juji is checking with the devs. It seems like he checks with the devs on EVERYTHING. He checks with the devs so much I don't even know how he has time to put on socks! Maybe that's why we never hear back from him on these "checks with the devs."

I'm really curious about what everyone else thinks about the updates. Please post your constructive discussion. No flaming!

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

what i think, if i type it here, i get perm ban for sure :D even if i pm juji with it, still get banned forever 1000% sure :D
Just 1 think i say @Juji Leave ncwest, you are the only 1 who keep this game live, sace was do the right thing in past, you smart enough to realize, there is no fun on this game anymore, no fun quest, no fun instance, only pay to win, try to remember how much quest was when you was join lineage 2, and instance. and rb in low lvl. now only insane geared player can go normal instance no1 else. if you not leave soon, you will not find a better game job, why? cause you choice money instead of players base.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

If you are a free player or a player who buys prestige pack only you are out of luck for this update since lower lvl zones got completely removed basically. For people with higher PVE gear things stayed the same because timed zones wasn't touched and about a drop rate in primeevil island I didn't seem to notice a difference with all runes after update i get 8-12 scrolls per/h. New instances are hear for exp I believe not for drop since when we do them as 5 ppl my 105 iss makes 1.2%. Those new boxes on paper looked so good with all these items in reward list but we only see adenas and my friend got a couple of codex. Honestly all servers got this update it's not just us only and all of them seem to have complaints same as here.

Here are more pros and cons:

PROS

- It gave all players the opportunity to upgrade circlets via in-game means.. I think it's the first time that a pay to win item was offered like that and that's an improvement i believe.

- A new very easy solo instance was added which gives trillions of xp and a few roses and other useful stuff.. It's again the first time so much xp and roses are offered so easily and permanently..

- They made insanity talisman easier to obtain.. Of course that was really needed after the addition of new epic talismans but in any case that is something..

- A slightly better user interface was designed..

- New mentoring system serves better for toons 99 - 105 lvl..

CONS

- They nerfed mana regeneration. Yes this is a real pain for mages. Its like you learn to farm in a particular way and them suddenly they tell you "forget it.. spend some more and try again".. The archers which are something like the holy cows of the company and the other fighters were of course unharmed by this..

- They removed free stuff which was made available in other regions, e.g. a way to upgrade brooch jewels via in game means and items which could be purchased with mentee coins..

- The 5th skill bar was removed although almost all ppl were using that here..

Overall i believe this wasn't such a bad update but there is still room for a lot of improvements.. The most important of all is to add in-game means to obtain items and to lower the prices of everything.. Asking for thousands of real money just for an item is ridiculous imo and should stop if they want their product to have some real future..

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, m0da said:

Here are more pros and cons:

PROS

- It gave all players the opportunity to upgrade circlets via in-game means.. I think it's the first time that a pay to win item was offered like that and that's an improvement i believe.

- A new very easy solo instance was added which gives trillions of xp and a few roses and other useful stuff.. It's again the first time so much xp and roses are offered so easily and permanently..

- They made insanity talisman easier to obtain.. Of course that was really needed after the addition of new epic talismans but in any case that is something..

- A slightly better user interface was designed..

- New mentoring system serves better for toons 99 - 105 lvl..

CONS

- They nerfed mana regeneration. Yes this is a real pain for mages. Its like you learn to farm in a particular way and them suddenly they tell you "forget it.. spend some more and try again".. The archers which are something like the holy cows of the company and the other fighters were of course unharmed by this..

- They removed free stuff which was made available in other regions, e.g. a way to upgrade brooch jewels via in game means and items which could be purchased with mentee coins..

- The 5th skill bar was removed although almost all ppl were using that here..

Overall i believe this wasn't such a bad update but there is still room for a lot of improvements.. The most important of all is to add in-game means to obtain items and to lower the prices of everything.. Asking for thousands of real money just for an item is ridiculous imo and should stop if they want their product to have some real future..

Thanks for the discussion. You did bring up some decent pros. The thing I find most interesting is that the highest level toon on Naia is 113, yet there are hunting zones 115+. The XP got nerfed so bad that even for the top-tier players, 114 and higher is almost unattainable again. They'll probably never see another level to even hunt in those zones which makes them useless. There are so many zones that no one uses anymore. If NCSoft wants to generate a new player base they need to utilize some of the areas better and spread out the levels of these areas so all level characters have places to go instead of everyone from 102 to 113 hunting in the same 3 spots.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, OneDayDelete said:

Thanks for the discussion. You did bring up some decent pros. The thing I find most interesting is that the highest level toon on Naia is 113, yet there are hunting zones 115+. The XP got nerfed so bad that even for the top-tier players, 114 and higher is almost unattainable again. They'll probably never see another level to even hunt in those zones which makes them useless. There are so many zones that no one uses anymore. If NCSoft wants to generate a new player base they need to utilize some of the areas better and spread out the levels of these areas so all level characters have places to go instead of everyone from 102 to 113 hunting in the same 3 spots.

Thank you too.. I believe that's a helpful thread and criticism is good when done correctly..

Everything in this game is much easier for people who spend a lot.. That's maybe sad but it is true.. Top-tier players spend a lot of money for xp boosts so nothing is impossible.. I am sure that after a couple of months and probably after the next xp boost event, several people will hit 115..

I can agree that more xp spots are needed for lower levels but then again if they don't have good equipment, there will still be a huge gap between top and low/medium toons..

For me a larger player base cannot be created due to the insane pricing not due to lack of xp areas.. And in case the player base gets larger then lag will come back so the company should invest more in infrastructure.. I guess all these are being considered by the company and we get what we get.. 

• Like 1

Nothing changed for ppl as stayed blazing swamp so still is staying. Ah all ppl in bs became red armor users looks like draconic set. I thought that all ppl would move to the hellbound but they didnt. any idea why?

Edited by Heyguy
  • Like 1

Overall I hate this update and I agree with all the Cons listed above.

The things which I personally find the worst: no quests, no drops and my gear that it took me ages to obtain via in-game means is now close-to-useless. My character was created in 2006, but I'm now lvl 105 and feel like a beginner - with the parties I joined we couldn't even do Baylor. I'm too old to start from a very beginning ;p and with constant changes that throw everything upside down I feel I can no longer keep up. I guess this is my way of saying goodbye :)

One thing I like about the update: it's easier to lvl up a clan now.

• Like 3

I agree with all the cons, see how in other regions the update was not as bad as here, but it hurts to see that ncwest only focuses on money and ko on the happiness of its customers since unlike the European region  , they had an update accordingly and without lowering the adena, the mp regeneration and eliminating mentor and mammon items.

• Like 1

+

UI

Accessible content up to 105

Iss changes

Recipe system

Circlet of power

Npc relocation

Relvling bosses

-

Inconsistent mentee rewards

TERRIBLE nerf on open field farm

Crafting system

Problems not solved :

Elcyum scarcity

L2 store exclusive items only available 1/2 per year attainable only with ncoins

Soon 80% of srvr will play Yull xD

Conclusion:

3 step forwards 5 step backwards!

Edited by Quenia
  • Like 1

Basically what I see that they have implemented is for top tier players, ways to restore or change equipment. The only good thing I perceive is the exalted; although frankly I doubt that you can do something vs a player who donated at the time. He has the raid boss so far and still farming.
In their time the raid boss were for everyone. The current farming system is very poor, you spend more on spirit ores and soulshots than what you collect in adena and instance rewards. Very few quests. And a lot of grinding to get anything... or almost nothing ....
I said it at the time before I quit the game, quests that give 1.5kk daily and you spend 3kk on doing them ... The logic of DEVS is very strange and im amazed they still doing it.

One goes away from the top tier to play on another server and do some raid bosses and they merge the servers... So they mantain you in the same hell you want to get out, It is a demonic system, really.

+++++++IDEAS +++++++

At least give more drop of armor, weapons or enchants... With good probability. It is not possible for one to improve with 700-1500 adena of monsters and that when you get adena drop... sometimes they drop 0... You spend more on soulshots not worth it or spend them. To not play well ... I better use Facebook to waste time.

What is the challenge for the strongest clan in a server? NONE.... They have everything and know that others will never reach them. So I propose more DROPS so the game does not die and give opportunity to those who do not have access to the raid boss of farming and little by little, not as slow as now; with the 0.00001% drop rate demonic system... and have a chance to compete in the far future vs top tiers.

What are the top tier going to do next? Are they going to be left alone on the server?

More instances with discent drops also daily. Even if you give us that... come on! You know; we will not be able to reach your top tier clients anytime soon..... So it's not a bad idea.  Shadow and Event Items are worthless and you know it...  

Most of the free games got a lot of population and money because 1- the game is free 2- you can get the items by paying or easy farm and 3- you can be competitive maybe not top tier but at least competitive.

They also survive from aesthetics item sellings not main items... (Look Call of duty Mobile selling system)...

The game has to be difficult; not annoying.

More fun, more players, more clients, more money. WIN=WIN.

Finally i've started playing L2 like 15 years ago or more i love the game, i want to believe is one of the best games.

In that time a guy with a C or B armor could beat a guy with A equipment.

And that was fun, and competitive, skilled game. Now all relays on items ok... But give me some....

So we all can connect to the game and have fun like those days.

Edited by Khanhod
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Quenia said:

Iss changes

Recipe system

I dont think those are considered a + ...
Iss got really bad nerf and recipe....you need years of farming to craft something good(or mby you think about soulshots?)

You all said most +++ I want to add on ----the missing dragon upgrade stones

On 23/01/2020 at 10:46 PM, OneDayDelete said:

I want to hear other players opinion of the new update. It's been a week and I've been talking through it with friends. Let me start by saying we are all casual players, none of us are top-tier "end game" players etc. However, we've all been playing for about 10 years each on average. There are a couple of nice things this update brought but overall there are far to many nerfs and I think it's really going to hurt the server/game.

Pros

Free exalted gear is nice for your low level toons. Even if you're a top-tier player, you have a farm group somewhere using some of this stuff.

Cons

The adena nerfs no matter where you hunt are terrible. You can't even farm enough adena to pay for shots or spirit ore.

The drop rate of the Aden chests are terrible compared to the elite monster boxes that used to drop. - On top of that, you only get 70k from a box (with a small chance at a random better item) rather than 300k (and a small chance at armor piece etc.)

They have these 115+ hunting areas as "new hunting zones" but they nerfed the xp so bad no one will EVER cross the threshold of 114 to even hunt in those areas. This has caused the entire server to hunt in the same 3 spots basically.

Not only that, but spots that people went to farm like Land of Chaos are so garbage now that no one goes there which increases the population in those previously spoken 3 spots.

Not only do they not drop anything but they're a lot harder now. The fact that they're harder wouldn't be a big deal if they actually dropped something. You spend 40 minutes doing Baylor and everyone gets a box worth 1.2 million adena and that's it. It's not even worth the time spent doing it. Great job NC Soft, you raised the level of the instance so people would do them again, however, you made the reward so bad, it's not even worth the time and therefore defeated the purpose of raising the level of the instance.

The new crafting system is garbage. It will take 100 days to get enough Ether to craft a piece of R110 at a 60% chance??? You can't even craft a full set of gear in a years time at that rate with 100% chance!  A whole new update will be here before you ever craft a set of gear. Kudos again NCSOFT!

I'm sure there's more here I missed but it seems like this is the worst update yet. The lack of farming ability is going to drive the "little fish" away from the game because they won't/can't spend a ton of money in the L2Store. Say what you will about the little fish not being able to swim in a big pond and it's their problem they can't spend more money, but the fact of the matter is, when there are no more little fish for the big fish to feed on, the big fish die off too. Lower level more casual players will quit and eventually the higher level top-tier players will follow suit because there are no more lower level players around to beat up on. They'll become bored with the game as well and quit.

Don't worry though guys, @Juji is checking with the devs. It seems like he checks with the devs on EVERYTHING. He checks with the devs so much I don't even know how he has time to put on socks! Maybe that's why we never hear back from him on these "checks with the devs."

I'm really curious about what everyone else thinks about the updates. Please post your constructive discussion. No flaming!

Boa Noite (Using Google Translate)

They have been killing the game little by little, Lineage 2 has always been a reference as one of the best games with PVP system and NCsoft was able to destroy something that it has created and developed. I remember that in the past we saw Clan fighting against each other, in the famous mass PVP in various places in the game, sometimes we teleported to Parmassus to make Baylor, there were people fighting, sometimes, there were players who had to run and the party leader enters the quest right away.

You will see the items being sold, and the prices are extremely high, especially when we see that the game has an extremely low adena drop. NCsoft will never be able to solve this problem, because, if the drop in adena is greater, the people will still increase the prices of the items, if already with this ridiculous drop it is already this absurd price, imagine with the adena falling more. Prices only drop when there are many more offers of items.

I remember that few people had the eternal armor, after everyone had access, the prices of the parts of the armor fell dramatically, that goes for weapons. That's what has to happen, items that are not sold in the game's own store, those bought by Ncoins, should fall more, people have much more access. As it is, the game that used to be a PVE / PVP game will become just a PVE server, where more than 80% of the characters logged in will be all macro. Even the PK that had a very good system, that if the guy gave PK, he couldn’t die otherwise he would lose something, NCsoft made a point of destroying it, today the people of PK and stay right there, they don’t care about someone killing, because he will not suffer anything there.

Not to mention that XP is very low, even if the VP is slow to fall, XP is very low, not everyone for example is able to log multiple characters or create multiple characters to level them up, so there are places where players have their characters main ones are Sigel, Iss and Healer, they are complicated to be developed. So, the end of the quests was NCsoft's biggest mistake, it shouldn't have ended the quests but rather improved them, especially the solo quests, which helped a lot, many casual players. For me, this game had to be revised many things, even COC is dominated by only one Clan, only they get what they want there, because they are the most equipped and they organize themselves just so that no other player gets along, Olympics or We need to talk. Neither do dragons, there is no way to balance the game precisely for that reason, because in the past NCsoft did nothing to try to stop and balance the players so that several powerful clans would appear and, therefore, have fun. I wonder how the big clan can play today, because if they match up, monopolize the game, and spend the whole day just picking up XP to evolve and nothing else, they have no way of making PVP, because they have no strong clan for it, but , this is their fault directly, they monopolized and that's it.

For me, the rate of enchanting armor should be improved to at least +6 armor and jewelry and +6 weapons, as today it is 100% up to +3, or at least it makes it easier to put +6. I just know that in my humble opinion this update was only good because everyone has their own buffs, the items exalted, other than that, it's a disaster.

Just sold mats to the store from a weeks worth of farming. 14 million adena to turn around and buy 10mil in spirit ore just so I can buff warriors and bison for a week. WOOT WOOT! 4mil adena profit in a week. At that rate I'll be able to buy 1 item worth 28 billion in 7000 weeks which equates to 19 years!!! LoL! That's seriously what the math breaks down to.

@Juji are you guys serious with this? Great job at killing the game. I'm sure you're checking with the devs though. xD

At least you keep giving one guy 15 billion a day Monday - Thursday because he gets the demonic swords everyday. Great job. Thumbs up to NCWest!

Edited by OneDayDelete

4 hours ago, OneDayDelete said:

4mil adena profit in a week. At that rate I'll be able to buy 1 item worth 28 billion in 7000 weeks which equates to 19 years!!! LoL! That's seriously what the math breaks down to.

7000 /52 = 134.6 years @ 4kk/week

7000/365=19 years @ 4kk/day

2 hours ago, Quenia said:

They checked with Devs... And decided to half mats price comparing to EU srvr from 20k to 10k!

https://l2wiki.com/Black_Mithril

Choose NCW when things are gonna go south!

NPC buy price is 50% of Base Price(NPCs sell at Base Price + Taxes)... so our Base Price is 20k also.

• Like 1

On 25.1.2020 at 3:16 PM, OneDayDelete said:

Just sold mats to the store from a weeks worth of farming. 14 million adena to turn around and buy 10mil in spirit ore just so I can buff warriors and bison for a week. WOOT WOOT! 4mil adena profit in a week. At that rate I'll be able to buy 1 item worth 28 billion in 7000 weeks which equates to 19 years!!! LoL! That's seriously what the math breaks down to.

Hummm and why didnt you just use those items w/the purpose they were meant to be used?  I crafted 1 item with new crafting system, zero cost, item worth 5bil+ (on Naia).

And about cost for Spirit ore: I think you are a tank, why don't you just go timed zone with a good DD ?

On 24/01/2020 at 1:46 AM, OneDayDelete said:

Pros

Cons

@Juji Is the idea possible of a new server, subscription only (you pay per account to log in, just before f2p-GoD) and without any L2Store items (or at maximum most some XP Runes)?

14 hours ago, NaratyrMizzrym said:

Hummm and why didnt you just use those items w/the purpose they were meant to be used?  I crafted 1 item with new crafting system, zero cost, item worth 5bil+ (on Naia).

And about cost for Spirit ore: I think you are a tank, why don't you just go timed zone with a good DD ?

What did you craft that's worth 5bil+? The better question is, how did you get enough Ether in less than 2 weeks to craft it. Just curious. Inquiring minds want to know. Seems quite lucrative if you ask me.

18 hours ago, NaratyrMizzrym said:

Needed less than 1.500 Ether. I won't give more tipps, just check yourself, it's not that hard.

xDxDxD Okay, whatever you say. There is nothing you can craft for less than 1500 ether that is worth 5bil+. R110 takes 11000 ether. R99 weapons take 4500 ether. Even Angel jewelry takes 1050 Ether and it can't be traded. If you think you're selling anything you can craft that takes less than 1500 Ether for more than 5bil you're insane. Hence the reason you won't say what it is. You're lying.

If you weren't lying, you wouldn't be keeping it a secret because you would want to be heralded by everyone on how great you are because you found something worth while that nobody else has found. Nice try though. Good day sir!

5 hours ago, OneDayDelete said:

xDxDxD You're lying.

Just wow...

You obviously are to silly to play L2, but you're good at blaming others for your own incompetence.

I even gave you two advices that would dry up all your desparate tears and in return you call my a liar.

L2 isnt the game for you, give it up. Sorry but you're simply to dumb :)

Edited by NaratyrMizzrym
  • Haha 1