High Latency Experienced After Game Update

Hime

18 hours ago, Juji said:

Hello All,

Several hardware components failed during the initial testing of the new server hardware from the vendor. They are in the process of re-ordering those replacement parts before we receive everything. I am working with the dev team now on a compensation plan and will share more details as soon as I have them.

@Juji ok ty for info. any news? when are u expecting to have new hardware? how long will it take to setup? would be nice to know if this is a matter of days or weeks or whatever....

2 hours ago, Juji said:

Hardware parts are shipping out today, so we are hoping to receive them by end of the week at the latest and run tests on it in preparation of the upgrade for next maintenance :) 

Y sure brah, 2 week turnaround on hardware parts for servers that need to be maintained 24/7 and have 99.9% up time with no latency, sure brah i believe you.

6 hours ago, Juji said:

Hardware parts are shipping out today, so we are hoping to receive them by end of the week at the latest and run tests on it in preparation of the upgrade for next maintenance :) 

better be good, hasn't been worth playing on main char for a while now and pretty soon am done with the mentees..

1 hour ago, Draecke said:

lag is pretty bad today, worse then normal.. not even fun to level mentees anymore

@Juji reboot server or just turn it off till u have the hardware

agree :) if they make your idea, we get like 1 month vacation for l2 :) so guys do it, turn of server till hardware install it :D

Edited by KissMyKnife

@Juji

What about unspawning mobs in zones that are not relevant any more? Zones that come to mind:

• Windmill Hill
  • Langk Lizardman Dwelling
  • Forgotten Temple
  • Garden of Eva
  • Fortress of Resistance
  • Cruma Marshland
  • Cruma Tower
  • Neutral Zone
  • Elven Fortress
  • Death Pass
  • Gorgon Flower Garden
  • Outlaw Forest
  • War Torn Plains
  • Plains of Glory
  • Forest Of The Dead
  • Beast Farm
  • Valley of Saints
  • Immortal Plateau
  • Den Of Evil
  • Crypt of Disgrace
  • Varka Outpost
  • Ketra Outpost
  • Garden of Beasts
  • Monastry of Silence
  • Hot Springs
  • Forge of the Gods
  • Wall of Agros
  • Imperial Tomb
  • Forsaken Plains

All these zones have mobs in it lv10-85 and are not used in any quest chain and have not been adjusted for higher levels or exp zones yet. Wouldn't disabling mob spawn on all these unused zones lower stress on server? Server won't have to check for any change, and I guess having monsters spawned causes some kind of load on the server as well. With the next update (wouldn't that come in April with the Anniversary?) you can 'turn on' the zones that are affected by new hunting zones (afaik Forge of the Gods is being revamped).

Because it seems decreasing mob density by 30% in Coal Mines and Storm isle (making Storm isle completly useless) and decreasing spawn rate in Altar of Evil/Bloody Swampland doesn't do anything at all.

• Thanks 2

On 24.2.2020 at 7:52 PM, Juji said:

hi @Juji did u finaly receive your hardware? any chance u can upgrade today? or atleast put daily server restarts?? would be nice if this 6 week of horror finaly comes to an end. ty

15 minutes ago, Zefel said:

only NCWEST can tell u why they need 6 weeks to upgrade their hardware

4 hours ago, Shoppy said:

Server won't have to check for any change, and I guess having monsters spawned causes some kind of load on the server as well.

I always had the impression that even if it's one single big world, it's divided into multiple tiles (changing tiles was noticeable e.g. when running north through Death Pass to Oren territory, somewhere around the bridge you always had a short loading freeze). As long as there's no player in a tile, the tile is inactive and shouldn't cause much load... 

But anyways, you can add Dimensional Rift to your list... Yesterday I logged in with a char that still had one of those yellow "SOE - Dimensional Rift" scrolls, and I was quite surprised to see that there are still mobs inside the Rift, even if there are no NPCs in front of the gate to enter... 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Keyra said:

But anyways, you can add Dimensional Rift to your list... Yesterday I logged in with a char that still had one of those yellow "SOE - Dimensional Rift" scrolls, and I was quite surprised to see that there are still mobs inside the Rift, even if there are no NPCs in front of the gate to enter... 

Thinking of it, I am pretty damn sure the server still checks every hour to open Grand Delusional Chamber and Delusional Chamber still accessible.

• Haha 2

11 hours ago, Cillin said:

only NCWEST can tell u why they need 6 weeks to upgrade their hardware

9 hours ago, Shoppy said:

Thinking of it, I am pretty damn sure the server still checks every hour to open Grand Delusional Chamber and Delusional Chamber still accessible.

7 hours ago, Atreyuuuu said:

Cant create character on Naia,what is this,do somethink with this problem,my whole cp w8ting ultil theny can create character.Its rly bad

I live https://www.twitch.tv/zefelplay I'm Brazilian and Have to bring an official lienage 2 content to my audience, but that way I get a little sad, I stopped touching the European essence l2 to try to bring content from l2 fafurion NA.
Note: Even the p2w would try to play.

I find it very strange that a company of this size is going through this, remembering "A LOT OF PLAYER IS stopping WITH LINEAGE 2" from those who will blame our amos for this game or administration that at least tries to help its players.

Please note: no player has no money and money has no employees

4 pages of drama of this sick lag real question is are you gonna answer ever ncsoft? ok yeah you made some upgrades but you just made your selfs look stupid we cant touch the game my screen is stuck for 30 mins now char dont move only macro all i know is xping but i am not watching nothing how do you feel about your upgrades? every time you upgrade a thing you you just ruin it stop it leave the game as it is on its own