High Latency Experienced After Game Update

Hime

I've been having the same problem both on NAIA server and chronos especially yesterday I continued to DC constantly throughout the day on naia I couldn't stay logged in for 10minuets without losing connection.  My ISP was constant and stable I would only dc on l2 my toon would stop attacking everything on the screen would lock up then speed up at mach 10 speeds and I'll be killing some other mob this lag has been horrible and I popped exp runes that are basically useless because of server side lag 

8 hours ago, NuvaRing said:

I've been having the same problem both on NAIA server and chronos especially yesterday I continued to DC constantly throughout the day on naia I couldn't stay logged in for 10minuets without losing connection.  My ISP was constant and stable I would only dc on l2 my toon would stop attacking everything on the screen would lock up then speed up at mach 10 speeds and I'll be killing some other mob this lag has been horrible and I popped exp runes that are basically useless because of server side lag 

I also had this problem, and once when I was so frustrated again because my first char got disconnected again before I was even able to log in the last char... I decided to rent a virtual server in Canada and routed my traffic through that... I'm testing this out for ~3 weeks now, and the only DCs I had so far were due to the weekly maintenance ;)

The downside is, that this adds around ~10ms to the latency, but playing from Europe I have a ping of ~140ms anyways - the 10ms don't make that much difference. I'm only routing Naia traffic through the VPN, so in theory I could do an A/B test to see if a Chronos char would get DCed while the Naia chars keeps being connected (haven't done that yet... I'm currently happy enough with being able to play again).

Some boring network blabla (tl;dr: Telia sucks in Europe):

Looking at a traceroute and the packet losses it looks like there's a lot of packet loss happening during the packet handover from Vodafone to Telia in Austria, with another hotspot in the Telia network between Paris and Ashburn until the packets arrive in Dallas. 

The VPN traffic goes a different route: They enter the OVH backbone in Frankfurt and arrive without much ado in Canada on the virtual server. From there they enter the Telia network in Kansas City and are forwarded to Dallas. (Seems this part of Telia works fine)

I still see some packet loss between Telia Dallas and the actual NCSoft network, but since the no VPN and VPN routes have converged in Dallas, it seems like this packet loss is low enough to not cause DCs. 

4 hours ago, Keyra said:

I also had this problem, and once when I was so frustrated again because my first char got disconnected again before I was even able to log in the last char... I decided to rent a virtual server in Canada and routed my traffic through that... I'm testing this out for ~3 weeks now, and the only DCs I had so far were due to the weekly maintenance ;)

The downside is, that this adds around ~10ms to the latency, but playing from Europe I have a ping of ~140ms anyways - the 10ms don't make that much difference. I'm only routing Naia traffic through the VPN, so in theory I could do an A/B test to see if a Chronos char would get DCed while the Naia chars keeps being connected (haven't done that yet... I'm currently happy enough with being able to play again).

Some boring network blabla (tl;dr: Telia sucks in Europe):

Looking at a traceroute and the packet losses it looks like there's a lot of packet loss happening during the packet handover from Vodafone to Telia in Austria, with another hotspot in the Telia network between Paris and Ashburn until the packets arrive in Dallas. 

The VPN traffic goes a different route: They enter the OVH backbone in Frankfurt and arrive without much ado in Canada on the virtual server. From there they enter the Telia network in Kansas City and are forwarded to Dallas. (Seems this part of Telia works fine)

I still see some packet loss between Telia Dallas and the actual NCSoft network, but since the no VPN and VPN routes have converged in Dallas, it seems like this packet loss is low enough to not cause DCs. 

have you tried Wireshark yet? 

1 hour ago, wwwNEXTwww said:

0 lags for me . Those who lag need to : repair lineage 2 , check antivirus and scan , check there internet , buy latest pc gear . Servers were never running  better after the rank system got implemented . 

nice joke

And to make things worse when the lag is most noticeable skills also do not work with just 1 click most of the time.
Click a skill doesn't work even after waiting a bit, then try click for a 2nd time again nothing, impatiently spam it and after a couple seconds it finally goes up.

@Juji@Hime this is really bad, feels even worse then before the upgrade with more and more things breaking along the way.
It was even more terrible at the weekend when everything was slowed down to a crawl and i noticed a reduction of over 75% of the xp i can normally get in timed zones and in field.

7 hours ago, wwwNEXTwww said:

0 lags for me . Those who lag need to : repair lineage 2 , check antivirus and scan , check there internet , buy latest pc gear . Servers were never running  better after the rank system got implemented . 

Repairing lineage 2 will do nothing it isnt corrupt as I reinstalled the game multiple times, as for buying the latest pc equipment my pc cost over 10grand and has the latest equipment it isnt pc related at all, nor is it my internet and I've ran multiple tests on my ISP its client side on ncsoft has nothing to do with my connection or anyone else here.  Ncsoft needs to fix it, it's been a prolonged problem for a while with no fix and only seems to be getting worse

• Like 1

Why gms test server and find no issues ? -well when the gm logs in during maintenance he test the server when the population is 1-3 ppl so he gets no lags . This is why they will never fix the problem because they test the server as if there are 3 players online instead of 3000+-

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Maark said:

@Hime @Juji

Hello, do to the high volume of issues.

has a server roll back been considered?

Bot is even bigger problem . 2 many ppl use bot and gm do as nobody is using it .:) just bring truth out now I’m ready for

my post to get delete . 

I've also noticed when running 2 accounts on the same computer the accounts/characters are not even close to being in sync with each other. # 1 account doing something totally different than account #2. It makes it frustrating to try xp like that. This maybe nothing, don't know, but I've also noticed when minimizing game window and looking at computer processor % usage and it's working the same as if window is maximized the game seems to run well and no lag and running 2 or more accounts seem to be in sync. As the game is now when you minimize game window and the computer processor % usage goes to and idle usage then the game seems to lag, running 2 or more accounts are not close to being in sync. It seems to me the way the server distributes the packets and how they are transferred across the internet. Just a thought.