Dualbox question 2 in 1

IamTheOne

Good Evening guys, i have 2 questions.

I am a solo player so i want a good combination of 2 classes for fast level up and farm...so my 1st question is:

I have Summoner (EM) with PP box for buffs... is a good combination ? is ES is a good class for fast lv up and farming ? need to add other support class ? (i am lv 30)

And my second question is:

I am thinkng to do a WC for as a main class so i lv up with this....1-85....who is good dualbox for wc ? Wc have fast lv up ?

Thank you a lot.

if you want tell me which class of 2 is good for auto macro leveling.

Hello.

I think 2 char in a party will not be sufficient for higher levels. You will need good buffs, heals, and even recharge sometimes. 

EM is very good, and PP is a good buffer too. If you can want to level like a mage with nuke you need Empower + Clarity + recharge + dance, so raise a Shielen Elder,Elven elder, and a Blade dancer. With those 5 you will be able to nuke around constantly. 

For WC main you should not be a solo player, but find some clan or cp if that is possible. WC is good mostly for support (buffs), it cannot dish out too much damage to farm fast.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, IamTheOne said:

@Karesz Thank you very much ! If i choose WC for 1-40 its possible to lv up solo without dualbox ? like fighter.

That question is far too open ended. I could do it by putting b grade on it and just wrecking everything at range with a BOP using a quiver. That probably isn't applicable to your situation though. They smash face pretty decently and with just the stuff your given and the 15 day duals you can do 40 pretty quickly solo. Setup a macro with your buffs with /delay (whateverseconds) and put it on the hotkey bars. Left click autohunt and then right click the buff macro. The WC will buff itself and run around killing stuff. The downside is it won't heal itself so you have to pay some attention or really overgear the content.

3 hours ago, IamTheOne said:

Good Evening guys, i have 2 questions.

I am a solo player so i want a good combination of 2 classes for fast level up and farm...so my 1st question is:

I have Summoner (EM) with PP box for buffs... is a good combination ? is ES is a good class for fast lv up and farming ? need to add other support class ? (i am lv 30)

And my second question is:

I am thinkng to do a WC for as a main class so i lv up with this....1-85....who is good dualbox for wc ? Wc have fast lv up ?

Thank you a lot.

if you want tell me which class of 2 is good for auto macro leveling.

Alright if you're serious about playing two to three characters only then you need to realize a few things.

Leveling AFK without dying will be a matter of luck and the effort you put into refining your setup/location. Better xp areas tend to be tougher to successfully AFK. Unfortunately there are some level ranges in this game where you have few options for good xp. Those times will be painful until you figure something out or out level it.

Actively played you can use the tools in game to make things a bit easier and advance with 2 or 3 characters. Actively played a PP would be good for your summoner although a WC is pretty good too and if you want to be lazy on buffing the WC wins :P

If you have decent gear like knowledge D with a D or better mage weapon then an EM can level up quite quickly as a nuker. If you're not using shots then energy bolt is an efficient exchange of mp to damage. After 40 if you have money for spirit ore you can just re-summon the recharge pet anytime it's MP is low for infinite mana and spam aqua swirl FTW. I've made several rounds of EMs so far and every time nuking is just quicker especially if you're doing the newbie quests. EMs with a castor weapon can also heal pretty decently in a pinch. Having said that my last party based EM switched to melee in the 50s. Blue Wolf Light and a cursed main gauche with othell rune worked quite well. Even with a CMG it's group heal is "good enough" to help keep the party up in areas the group was under leveled for. If you go melee people tend to go dagger on the EM. I'm pretty sure eventually you WILL go melee.

Most people have already leveled up a designated WC for their group so finding parties might be tough. Definitely want to be able to at least dual box with it. Part of a trio would be better.

THe starter pack is pretty darned helpful for getting a start on a new server. The high grade starter pack is a very nice continuation of that. AFter that though you better be in a position to afford your own weapons and the gear you need.

Edited by Tool_of_Society
  • Thanks 1

@Tool_of_SocietyGood Morning, your answer really help me and i am grateful for that :) i understand perfectly what do you say about ES and what i need to do for lv up. (is really hard to stay on keyboard for do the resummon every time (when my mana ends), but its ok :) nothing perfect )

I want to add one more question about WC because i really like that, i understand about easy lv up to 1-40 with "starter gear" and solo playing, but after 40 what happend ? i mean can i keep with macro buffs and auto-hunting when i will be afk and sometimes go with partys or i wll have problem ? if i have, need to add more classes on that for lev up my main WC? i mean like dualbox.

Thank you !

If you have very good overenchanted gear, probably you can solo for a while with a WC, you may need to use some healing potion setup too. If you only have normal gear, I think you cannot do it alone and you will need more Dps and heal.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, IamTheOne said:

@Tool_of_SocietyGood Morning, your answer really help me and i am grateful for that :) i understand perfectly what do you say about ES and what i need to do for lv up. (is really hard to stay on keyboard for do the resummon every time (when my mana ends), but its ok :) nothing perfect )

I want to add one more question about WC because i really like that, i understand about easy lv up to 1-40 with "starter gear" and solo playing, but after 40 what happend ? i mean can i keep with macro buffs and auto-hunting when i will be afk and sometimes go with partys or i wll have problem ? if i have, need to add more classes on that for lev up my main WC? i mean like dualbox.

Thank you !

After 40 you stop getting quests and other useful stuff. At that point your choice is Cruma tower or an open field. With autohunt it's hard telling where you'll end up either way. In an open field you could end up spending hours stuck on a tree or in the wrong zone.

I'm not even sure what kind of options you have as the auto hunt functionality was changed since my last group rolled through that level range. If you need to anchor in one spot you're going to need a target director which could be a healer who also casts group heal. Whatever ends up the director just stands there with /next target on repeat with some variations in delays and what not depending on your group setup and what you choose as the director. EM in theory could be a director by using it's pet to attack and /delay. If you use the short ranged next target you could even use aqua swirl on it (since targets will be guaranteed within range). More likely though you'll be forced to use a heal of some kind on/for your pet. EMs do pretty decent backup healing. The WC would have the choice to stand around and only buff or not buff and assist off the director to kill. It's less than optimal but still works. Things can hit pretty hard in Cruma so without a tank it'll be slow going.

One of the macro parties I tried had a BH 3x ES 2x healers 1x wc 1x sws 1x bd. It did decently as long as I had the SWS pretending to be a tank. The dwarf even in full plate wasn't tanking the damage very well. I ended up partially scrapping that party in Cruma because it struggled to stay alive. I replaced some aspects of it and rebooted the group as SK BH WK (lock) ES bish EE WC SWS BD. With a real tank the party started destroying cruma and ended up in patriots/devotion at level 55. Just a heads up but I wouldn't bother with a bounty hunter if I had to do it again as the class is basically useless now and can be replaced with one of many better DPS choices (such as a destroyer for armor crush and moar dps/off tank ability). SO in summary running an ES heavy party with no real tank did amazing up until 44ish and cruma. I didn't get it past cruma but the composition would of continued to have problems. This was prior to the autohunt change so the WC was just buffing and the SWS/BD were tossing one or two buffs while dps assisting the director. I don't think it would change much with the current settings. Just something to think about. 

Edited by Tool_of_Society
  • Thanks 1