All Mats Worth 0 ..

Arsh

Okay since the update a lot of things have changed in the game. Some for good and some for bad. Let’s talk about all mats under A grade being worth absolutely nothing. While I can understand somewhat the reason, I do not agree completely with it.  So, I can only guess you made it, so it is harder on bots. Your decision not only affected them, but also your actual players. Those mats we “use to sell to shop “helped with day to day expenses such as  teleporting, cost of soul-stones, cost of spirit-stones and soul / spirit shots. Example of this is as follows:

War Cryer Buffer  1hour Operating Cost

War Chant cost 12 spirit ore per cast – X3 cast total of 36 spirt ore used = 440 per ore  = $15,840

Earth Chant cost 12 spirit ore per cast – X3 cast total of 36 spirt ore used = 440 per ore  = $15,840

Chant of Victory cost 30 spirit ore per cast – X6 cast total of 180 spirt ore used = 440 per ore  = $79,200

Total Cost for 1 hour $110,880

This is just a buffer if you start factoring in soulshots used, certain other class require the use soulstones and spirit ore to use skills etc… you will see it starts adding up quick. In addition, you took the ability of buying spiritshots which was less expensive then blessed spiritshots.

Now before someone says “well you can hunt without using all those buffs and shots” my response to you is lol.

I believe you need to lower all day to day operating cost since you made it that much harder on your players.

Teleports should be free or at least seriously reduced. (you start porting everywhere to do your dailies and it gets expensive to move your buffers)

Since materials under A grade don’t really have value per say, then NPC weapon / Armor / Grocer store need to have reduce prices to offset

Reduce the cost of spirit ore / soul stones required to use skills and reduce the overall price for them at NPC store

I am pretty sure there are more things that need to be adjusted to balance it out even more. If anyone else has more ideas, please post.

• Thanks 1

Right now it's pretty much impossible for a true solo player to survive. Without buffs leveling is slow and painful because NCsoft couldn't give us pets which the real classic had. Then they "normalize" shots which screwed the dwarfs AND anyone using NG, D and C grade by making them pay more per shot. That pretty much destroyed the market for anything below B grade. Granted on TI the market was pretty slim but it was still there prior. The only reason B grade hasn't been destroyed is because A grade is so stupid expensive to unseal. Meanwhile my clan has been working for months just to get the blood crystals for one clan skill. At this rate we might get all the clan skills in 40 years. Alas I'm drifting from the subject of how it's dumb to be a true solo player in this game. Shot costs are prohibitively expensive so much that even though I'm running a full party solo I still can only afford to put shots on one character if I want to save anything for the A grade fantasy. Prior to this change I was able to run shots on two characters..

Speaking of drops I've seen a very statistical significant drop in "whole" drops. With two full parties running 24/7 the only whole drop I've had since the patch was a zubeii boot. Which of course is almost useless as no one wants any of the zubei sets =/

Right now you'll make more adena leveling/grinding in the low 60s than you will at your high 70s. God help you once you hit the 80s and realize everything wrecks your non OE gear and you realize you have nowhere to really level/grind... That's why I have my main group and a secondary group. The secondary group exists solely to try to fund the costs on my main group... It's silly.

Meanwhile I'm wondering why am I even putting up with this crap?

Edited by Tool_of_Society

This just came to mind, I just realized we are getting duped as well with VIP benefits. What is the point of having an increase in item drop rate if 95 % of the items you acquire are valued at nothing lol?  Even the fishing pole and bait really doesn’t make sense since you can trade fish. Reward coins you get starting at VIP 3, could help you in a bind by selling mats but now, again they aren’t worth anything. Well that statement isn’t entirely true, but you get what I mean hopefully. So, one dumb decision made, has in reality created a ripple effect across the entire player economy and VIP users. Maybe they need to make and option to sell back your VIP points?  

Have VIP users been Bamboozled by the update as well ?

We need some feedback on this topic by Juji. 

Edited by Arsh

21 minutes ago, Arsh said:

This just came to mind, I just realized we are getting duped as well with VIP benefits. What is the point of having an increase in item drop rate if 95 % of the items you acquire are valued at nothing lol?  Even the fishing pole and bait really doesn’t make sense since you can trade fish. Reward coins you get starting at VIP 3, could help you in a bind by selling mats but now, again they aren’t worth anything. Well that statement isn’t entirely true, but you get what I mean hopefully. So, one dumb decision made, has in reality created a ripple effect across the entire player economy and VIP users. Maybe they need to make and option to sell back your VIP points?  

Have VIP users been Bamboozled by the update as well ?

We need some feedback on this topic by Juji. 

Vip 7 doesnt even work, I have exactly the same amounts of mats/keymats in 48hours on  DV as vip 7  as vip 4.

6 hours ago, Tool_of_Society said:

Right now it's pretty much impossible for a true solo player to survive. Without buffs leveling is slow and painful because NCsoft couldn't give us pets which the real classic had. Then they "normalize" shots which screwed the dwarfs AND anyone using NG, D and C grade by making them pay more per shot. That pretty much destroyed the market for anything below B grade. Granted on TI the market was pretty slim but it was still there prior. The only reason B grade hasn't been destroyed is because A grade is so stupid expensive to unseal. Meanwhile my clan has been working for months just to get the blood crystals for one clan skill. At this rate we might get all the clan skills in 40 years. Alas I'm drifting from the subject of how it's dumb to be a true solo player in this game. Shot costs are prohibitively expensive so much that even though I'm running a full party solo I still can only afford to put shots on one character if I want to save anything for the A grade fantasy. Prior to this change I was able to run shots on two characters..

Speaking of drops I've seen a very statistical significant drop in "whole" drops. With two full parties running 24/7 the only whole drop I've had since the patch was a zubeii boot. Which of course is almost useless as no one wants any of the zubei sets =/

Right now you'll make more adena leveling/grinding in the low 60s than you will at your high 70s. God help you once you hit the 80s and realize everything wrecks your non OE gear and you realize you have nowhere to really level/grind... That's why I have my main group and a secondary group. The secondary group exists solely to try to fund the costs on my main group... It's silly.

Meanwhile I'm wondering why am I even putting up with this crap?

its because patch is not adjusted for 1.5 year old server, is cut and dry same as for 5 year old korean one where top people are 89 lvl, it just baffles me the decision making of devs to destroy casual players farming even in starting days of server it took months of crying to implement some decent adena drops now again rip mats/parts, butcher fish which was basically the main source of income of new players who just sold exp fish to high level players. Even if you think about it no new player will invest money to his char and buy event items from nc store if he is shunned away by not even able to farm enough to buy shots and slowly upgrade gear they lost thousands of dollars if not millions of income from many players who quit before they started

8 hours ago, Arsh said:

Okay since the update a lot of things have changed in the game. Some for good and some for bad. Let’s talk about all mats under A grade being worth absolutely nothing. While I can understand somewhat the reason, I do not agree completely with it.  So, I can only guess you made it, so it is harder on bots. Your decision not only affected them, but also your actual players. Those mats we “use to sell to shop “helped with day to day expenses such as  teleporting, cost of soul-stones, cost of spirit-stones and soul / spirit shots. Example of this is as follows:

War Cryer Buffer  1hour Operating Cost

War Chant cost 12 spirit ore per cast – X3 cast total of 36 spirt ore used = 440 per ore  = $15,840

Earth Chant cost 12 spirit ore per cast – X3 cast total of 36 spirt ore used = 440 per ore  = $15,840

Chant of Victory cost 30 spirit ore per cast – X6 cast total of 180 spirt ore used = 440 per ore  = $79,200

Total Cost for 1 hour $110,880

This is just a buffer if you start factoring in soulshots used, certain other class require the use soulstones and spirit ore to use skills etc… you will see it starts adding up quick. In addition, you took the ability of buying spiritshots which was less expensive then blessed spiritshots.

Now before someone says “well you can hunt without using all those buffs and shots” my response to you is lol.

I believe you need to lower all day to day operating cost since you made it that much harder on your players.

Teleports should be free or at least seriously reduced. (you start porting everywhere to do your dailies and it gets expensive to move your buffers)

Since materials under A grade don’t really have value per say, then NPC weapon / Armor / Grocer store need to have reduce prices to offset

Reduce the cost of spirit ore / soul stones required to use skills and reduce the overall price for them at NPC store

I am pretty sure there are more things that need to be adjusted to balance it out even more. If anyone else has more ideas, please post.

Yes 100% tru, iam agree whit it. +

I've stopped buying NcCoins completely for this game. Normally I would of thrown some down for the latest "event" but there's no point as NcSoft korea doesn't care about our server. This complete disregard for the differences between this server and the Korean ones will kill the game in the NA area within a few years at best (maybe quicker). Most of my characters are now below level 3 VIP (one is still VIP 3 but it doesn't matter). I don't even care because what's the point of having a +55% drop rate when the items are basically worthless now? Seriously 55% more of 0 is still 0...

It's kind of funny in a way because for over a decade I along with others who played during the original classic would complain about how our server were so far behind the korean one on updates and how we wished we'd get them sooner. Now that we don't want the updates we're getting them much sooner.... Be careful what you ask for I guess.

The last friend of mine who played the game quit a couple days ago due to the latest patch. He basically said he's tired of being in an abusive relationship but if NcSoft ever pulls their head out of their posterior he would be willing to give the game another try.

My clan is basically non existent now.

Edited by Tool_of_Society

Servers are dead many months now...even Giran with 700-800 real players at the **best online** is kinda funny for an official server:D.

illegal servers have more activity and it is not unfair ,because they started with full of players  and they managed to destroy everything.

Τhe only thing they can give us is P2W events nothing else .

No thanks.