Live Server Maintenance: Wednesday, January 29, 2020

Hime

This was Juji's reply to an older post:

The client limit will not be increased any time soon since we are still waiting on several server upgrades. Once I have confirmation on the upgrades, I will post an update on the client limit changing past three.

Tyrr Duelists Lag is Fixed aparently.. i just made Castilla 100+ in 9 minutos 36 seconds

before the upgrade, i did Castilla 100+ a couple of times, in 13 minutes aprox.

TY NcTeam

i hope the lag is not comming back again

• L2 Team

After today's upgrade, the CPU usage is lower than what we saw prior to the Winter of War update. We are seeing the latency in-game and are checking with the Dev team now for more solutions. Our server specifications are currently higher than Korea, so something else appears to be amiss.

• Thanks 1

• bots with bad scripts causing lag like ddos attack ?
  • ranking updating in live time ?
  • datacenter not same quality as the one used in korea ?
  • too many players farming 24/7 timed zones compared to Korea ? last time we saw lag like this we had problems with the timed zones

will pass on the torch for more suggestions to the next person

10 hours ago, Juji said:

After today's upgrade, the CPU usage is lower than what we saw prior to the Winter of War update. We are seeing the latency in-game and are checking with the Dev team now for more solutions. Our server specifications are currently higher than Korea, so something else appears to be amiss.

Thank you so much for ruining my in game experience, you are still babbling about the investigation of the latency and lag problem, but continue to do nothing about the problem of bots. Have you still not understood? Or just pretend not to understand? Are the damn bots that cause these problems, I am currently farming in tanor canyon and a party bots passes by me every time he dies, it is just a coincidence that when he passes by me I am hit by lag and DC? Now I will not make any name(cos i was already fooled once by ur policy),and will not open any ticket(they are just be ignored or u get a bot answer)im just asking for some GM honest answer......ur policy said u do not tolerate any kind of 3th party software,with all my respect it doesn't look like that.So I'm looking for a GM who can put his face on this problem and give me an honest and truthful answer. @Hime @Juji have u something to say about that?

Edited by Tora
  • Like 1

following Draecke's post, my view is the following:

• this is a database config issue:
  1. maybe some db process needs to be rewritten
  2. maybe some indexes are missing
  3. db queues may need to be rebuilt.

It's clear that db responses are slow most of the time and it affects everyone although melee toons are probably affected much more..

So, since whatever you did didn't fix the problem does that mean we have another week until next maintenance before you try something else? Is it possible that someone in this Ncsoft world actually feels they should be trying something new now? We're working on the third week here without an acceptable outcome and now we shall go another full week before you try something different. Its gotten to the point that all we can say now is...Typical Ncsoft. Thank you for a beautiful and rewarding game that you seem to wont to destroy every chance you get. Thank you very much.

@Juji Since i came back in December after couple years break I've seen worse customer service than I previously have at NC Soft.  I've seen worse state of servers with lag for multiple months.  You want people to buy prestige packs, nc coin runes/items but yet its unusable because of server lag.  Extended downtime with no compensation, no compensation for so many random disconnects/deaths due to server issues?  You make mistakes like with crafting packs misinformation so the people that kept some now have HUGE crafting advantage over the rest!  So many mistakes, errors, misinformation, and blatant unable to keep servers in working performance.  You always have to "consult" the dev team on everything with no real answers yourself?  You "Revamp" mentee system while giving us no new rewards only the same crappy ones we've had for 4+ years how is that a rework?  Every other market L2 is in has better shop items, reward items, and game features than we do?  How is it we have the worst game market out of the WHOLE WORLD?  How is it we have the worst GM's out of the WHOLE WORLD that fail to ban botters/adena sellers.. I've seen the same toon in giran on chronos spamming "WTB +x weapons/armor, WTB 1b adena $7, multiple payment methods we buy all!" for 3 weeks?  But yet he hasn't been banned, ofc he doesn't buy he/she is a scammer but still you do not even monitor your own game servers with GM force.  The things said in world shout by people are RL threats/RL Insults, saying they going to do things to peoples mom/sister.  When will NCSoft wake up and do something about all I've just said?

23 hours ago, Kale said:

Tyrr Duelists Lag is Fixed aparently.. i just made Castilla 100+ in 9 minutos 36 seconds

before the upgrade, i did Castilla 100+ a couple of times, in 13 minutes aprox.

TY NcTeam

i hope the lag is not comming back again

Tyrr Duelists Lag continues..

Aparently it has decrease a little.. but continues,,

Yesterday, after the server goes up.. when server was LIGHT, i had NO LAG it all.. 

but a few hours later, when server got NORMAL trafic... the LAG HAS COME BACK

• Hime unpinned this topic