Classic Server Maintenance: Wednesday, January 29, 2020

Hime

The player base is bleeding away, we lost a few more just recently because of the game mechanics and how they are implemented.

@Juji @Hime I do want to say thank you for the action on re-implementing Looping Macros. That is appreciated, it's the reason I still play. Hopefully you can work your magic and make Classic Great again! ;)

1 hour ago, Juji said:

2. I will request to see if the epic raids can be bumped up to higher levels, but this global change would need to go through several rounds of approval.

3. The cloth pieces are in limited supply as intended by Dev, but we are working to increase the amount of distribution for A-grade Gems and the Cloth Pieces.

Yes but @Juji 

point 2) there is hardly anyone on server that level range, so either those NEED to be changed or the raid debuff needs to return on epics. Raising the level is the most ideal solution but SOMETHING needs to be done.

point 3) Cloths should NOT be THAT limited, you may only need 6-8 of them for A grade, but Juji.... S grade is 76+ which the majority of the server is... and people are still rocking B cause they cant afford the 360-480 mil that is needed just to unseal A grade ARMOR let alone the additional 300mil for A grade jewels. Let alone if you actually manage to collect a full S grade set that is gonna cost at LEAST 4.32 BILLION just to unseal the armor alone... noone has that kinda adena. Especially with you guys removing the adena for selling to the shop. there is NO real income, there is NO DROPS in the elemental areas no mats, no adena, nothing which is KILLING the economy. 

• Like 2

@Juji

Glad to see there is some traction and a response on most of these issues that have been ongoing since the Kamael Update.  Game Mechanics should be fixed asap...Debuffs/Cancel, Tank aggression--- worthless.

1. Cancel needs to be brought back to where it can actually work on RBs and player characters.

2. Debuffs on Epic Raid bosses, specially movement rate ones, and block shield etc....you fix this and Baium/Antharas will probably be doable.

3.  Epics being farmed by a handful of people... raising the lvl will help, but  you should look the end game.  So whether lvl 80 is appropriate or 82?  Never understood why epics were lvl 40/50 and the only way to farm it was to keep toons that lvl just for that purpose.  Looking at bosses being reset this form of griefing prolongs the battle and only benefits those that have unlimited hrs to play vs those that have 2-3 hours to raid and --- would not be an issue if tank Aggro actually worked.  If tanks had the ability to create more aggro… in incremental value like stacked Damage dealers...then this would just be a competition on cc max damage.

4. In the case of Zaken- would be good for it to be locked within its spawn area... (unable to be pulled and reset) or  Put Zaken back in his Ship- Let players do the content as intended- 

5.  Tank Aggression should be looked at.  This game has broken aggro  Tanks are only semi useful these days for raids.… even lvl 84 tanks will lose aggro vs high dps character.  They will also lose it vs raid boss mechanics : ie. it does an aoe stun, and boom aggro is immediately gone  -

6.  Adena/Mats to the store---- Adena in elemental areas... how about even SILVER COINS in elemental area... why do we not get them there? 

7.  The increase from 5 A gems to 105 A gems to SA a weapon was a huge mistake, you created an artificial scarcity- and made A grade weapons 

8.  Cloths- Unless you are the one farming Zaken, there are very few other places to farm cloths for this.. without doing pay to win events where cloths are included.  

Currently on Talking Island server its been a nerf war on the lower epics and even Zaken when ever possible... between the farmers (Omega/Terroristas, or Isforcito as they want to be called and revive isforce, and Camelot and its allies).  

Those are my 2cents …. Cause my 1cent is free!

HammerForge

Talking Island- Classic Server

We are hitting max level with no real way to progress our toons. There are no drops and no adena and therefor do not have the money to invest in the scarce expensive a gems and cloths. many of us are using c grade and b grade to fight level 82+ mobs. There is no efficiency in this game anymore and all you do is take away ways to make money in the game in the hopes we will buy your gambling boxes to sell for adena. I get your model but all you end up doing is turning people away from the game. Why arent we looking for ways to lure people back to the game by providing an experience that is fun and challenging not repetitive and unrewarded. Please look at all the great suggestions here and listen to the community you have left. I havent seen anything wrong with what these people have asked for. Your player base is your livelihood. Without it you have to find a new job

There are a lot things that need and should been changed/fixed ike the nurf of kamaels and how hard is to take the descision to play a kamael char , u made it impossible to farm/learn basic skills,whats the point of kamael added  and be unplayable ? 

Epic raidbosses lvl also should be changed. u have the zaken in the spawn ! easy to destroy the hunt of it, removed the fun in it by the pvp or the tactics of entering the ship  and let the 84 lvls guys that are minority in the server to rule it and bs the rest of the people that are mostly loging /going active to do some group activities such as raids , same story as core /orfen/qa with small differences .

You also removed the ability to see the  debuffs on the target and the freaking chat window! 

6 minutes ago, zoel said:

You also removed the ability to see the  debuffs on the target and the freaking chat window! 

omg the removal of that window (the system window) was super stupid, now in order to see the dmg you put out, skill reuse timers, even seeing if someone is accepting a trade or party invite you have to spam your chat box!!!

@Juji

Live servers have a subscription(prestige rune). You could run VIP the same way you run the live prestige rune subscription.. and introduce the L-Coin store. I guarantee you the vast majority of players would be happy with this. 15-20$ (could be scaled accordingly) a month VIP 7 per account those accounts also get the added benefit of L-Coin drop. We aren't asking for handouts, just affordable ways to play the game, have fun and progress.. Thank you. There's lots of ways to introduce a system that would be beneficial to both NCsoft monetarily and the players. Please, look into this as it would make many people happy. You've got to find a balance for low income players vs high income and the L-Coin store is necessary for that.

The raid changes are a necessary step in that direction as well. Level 80+ Zones need a SERIOUS look as well. Most are outright not farmable for 99% of players.

Edited by woopwoop

Glad to see there is some traction and a response on most of these issues that have been ongoing since the Kamael Update.  Game Mechanics should be fixed asap...Debuffs/Cancel, Tank aggression--- worthless.

1. Cancel needs to be brought back to where it can actually work on RBs and player characters.

2. Debuffs on Epic Raid bosses, specially movement rate ones, and block shield etc....you fix this and Baium/Antharas will probably be doable.

3.  Epics being farmed by a handful of people... raising the lvl will help, but  you should look the end game.  So whether lvl 80 is appropriate or 82?  Never understood why epics were lvl 40/50 and the only way to farm it was to keep toons that lvl just for that purpose.  Looking at bosses being reset this form of griefing prolongs the battle and only benefits those that have unlimited hrs to play vs those that have 2-3 hours to raid and --- would not be an issue if tank Aggro actually worked.  If tanks had the ability to create more aggro… in incremental value like stacked Damage dealers...then this would just be a competition on cc max damage.

4. In the case of Zaken- would be good for it to be locked within its spawn area... (unable to be pulled and reset) or  Put Zaken back in his Ship- Let players do the content as intended- 

5.  Tank Aggression should be looked at.  This game has broken aggro  Tanks are only semi useful these days for raids.… even lvl 84 tanks will lose aggro vs high dps character.  They will also lose it vs raid boss mechanics : ie. it does an aoe stun, and boom aggro is immediately gone  -

6.  Adena/Mats to the store---- Adena in elemental areas... how about even SILVER COINS in elemental area... why do we not get them there? 

7.  The increase from 5 A gems to 105 A gems to SA a weapon was a huge mistake, you created an artificial scarcity- and made A grade weapons 

8.  Cloths- Unless you are the one farming Zaken, there are very few other places to farm cloths for this.. without doing pay to win events where cloths are included.  

9.  There are instances in the game that are not available to everyone b/c they take an item that hardly ever drops (TOI instance), Tomb of the Ancient Pirates on Talking Island currently being farmed 24/7 by a script.... look NO HANDS.  These Instances should be made into dailies i'd mentioned the one in Imperial Tomb (4 sepulchers) but never tried it... either way if these instances were made into daily's then they would not be abused and the server would be able to share and do the instances and have OTHER content to do.  Currently killing Goldberg affords the people who can farm it with Adena and S grade mats and when lucky top A weapons.  Making these into a daily instance, would require folks to put parties together and go in once a day.  I know you can lvl other toons to do the instance multiple times etc...but this way everyone can participate.---- Think of it like the Baylor/Baylok instance on live... or the Kamaloka's… or Crystal Caverns... 

Currently on Talking Island server its been a nerf war on the lower epics and even Zaken when ever possible... between the farmers (Omega/Terroristas, or Isforcito as they want to be called trying to revive isforce, vs Camelot and its allies).  

There is content on Classic- but its unavailable to 98% of the server.  

Those are my 2cents …. Cause my 1cent is free!

HammerForge

Talking Island- Classic Server

• Like 1

Please increase aq core orfen zaken boss levels. To give some end game content.  At the moment. Real money traders farm the low level bosses and sell boss jewels for money.  They are all vip 0.   Give some content to the vip 7 guys that spend money on the game. Please change drop rate and difficulty of dragon valley. There’s nothing to do currently for us people that want to spend money on vip!

1 hour ago, xJui said:

@Juji most of us cannot understand, whats the difference between Dev team and NCSOF management team.
As far as I know, Developers are just some Employers, and they get paid to do/fix every Requests.

Maybe c an you make it clear for us please :)

Juji works at NcWest which seems to have no developers and is responsible for Lineage 2 NA. The people doing the actual developing for this game are in Korea and they work for NcSoft the parent company of NcWest. So all Juji and NcWest can do is ask the developers in Korea to make changes for them. Unfortunately for us Korea's classic server is much older than ours and apparently has vastly different situations going on with the playerbase.

EDIT : TI is a bit ahead on levels as giran just now has two 85s. "Hitting the level cap" isn't really possible either as there is no cap.

Edited by Tool_of_Society

Just say it, you want the whole server only for you to free farm against mobs and have a "beauty" char to show off on printscreens. You've pushed this clan to nowadays w/o the need to fight for something dude, never had the courage to open war with anyone, even when there was the event of 0 xp loss you had the courage to pvp for something. You preffer wasting adena from 1.8bi adena from 2 sieges to pay 4/5 people to help you to defend the castle against 9 players. You have invested Time and Ncoins to kill mobs / RBs, when your were 3 months free solo killing zaken, anakim, lilith were you pvping with someone? there were anything to complain about nerf / resets?  When you realy needed to pvp for something? you just SOE and let it go. It Were all good until some people decide do get out of their confort zone to do something against and shake the things up a little.
You saw we don't care about them being nerfed, can do it as much as you can, but you only complain against something when the thing isn't favorable for you. Should think over what you are doing.
I have already told you the price of the jewels in adena, but you don't want to pay it, so you'll never have it. When you go nerf it, you're just make the things even more expensive and exclusive lol
It's a surprise for me how 9 organized guys can do against 40+ people.

6 minutes ago, Schlickmann said:

Just say it, you want the whole server only for you to free farm against mobs and have a "beauty" char to show off on printscreens. You've pushed this clan to nowadays w/o the need to fight for something dude, never had the courage to open war with anyone, even when there was the event of 0 xp loss you had the courage to pvp for something. You preffer wasting adena from 1.8bi adena from 2 sieges to pay 4/5 people to help you to defend the castle against 9 players. You have invested Time and Ncoins to kill mobs / RBs, when your were 3 months free solo killing zaken, anakim, lilith were you pvping with someone? there were anything to complain about nerf / resets?  When you realy needed to pvp for something? you just SOE and let it go. It Were all good until some people decide do get out of their confort zone to do something against and shake the things up a little.
You saw we don't care about them being nerfed, can do it as much as you can, but you only complain against something when the thing isn't favorable for you. Should think over what you are doing.
I have already told you the price of the jewels in adena, but you don't want to pay it, so you'll never have it. When you go nerf it, you're just make the things even more expensive and exclusive lol

Make a new thread for this, everyone know there is 0 content for 80+. These raids need changes for more pvp/competition to happen.. Literally is nothing to log in for so save the trash talk for another thread. People are quitting left and right due to being hard stuck in Elemental zones and outlvling all raids and no content to do.

5 minutes ago, Schlickmann said:

I question the validity in everything within this message, and I suppose it was only a matter of time for someone to come on here trash talking.

So, trash talk aside, I'll keep it on track.

The game mechanics are broken, causing people to leave the game, please address them! Right now, it only benefits the people that can run bot groups and have access to unlimited funds.

Farmers run talking Island, but they account for just a portion of the server population. The vast majority of us have responsibilities outside of Lineage 2 making our time precious that we have in the game.

Unless we all want to quit our 9-5, turn ourselves into farmers, account share out the gazzoo and run bot trains all over the map just to stay ahead, it is not feasible. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sicilia said:

I question the validity in everything within this message, and I suppose it was only a matter of time for someone to come on here trash talking.

So, trash talk aside, I'll keep it on track.

The game mechanics are broken, causing people to leave the game, please address them! Right now, it only benefits the people that can run bot groups and have access to unlimited funds.

Farmers run talking Island, but they account for just a portion of the server population. The vast majority of us have responsibilities outside of Lineage 2 making our time precious that we have in the game.

Unless we all want to quit our 9-5, turn ourselves into farmers, account share out the gazzoo and run bot trains all over the map just to stay ahead, it is not feasible. 

There is nothing to run in the current state of the game. The most valuable raids cant even be killed and the next most valuable are out of level range of 90% of the active players left. Theres nothing worth pvping over, no raids worth logging in for. No clan events that feel rewarding.

isn't trash talk, i'm just bringging the reality you want to this server. PVE forever.
"for more pvp / competition"? like zaken? where you fail 2/3 times and log off? for this you want to change it? wow such a difference.
There is a bunch of content like varkas, ketra, LoA, DV, Forgoten Isle, Imperial tomb.
You have more people lvl 82+ than my party.

3 minutes ago, Schlickmann said:

isn't trash talk, i'm just bringging the reality you want to this server. PVE forever.
"for more pvp / competition"? like zaken? where you fail 2/3 times and log off? for this you want to change it? wow such a difference.
There is a bunch of content like varkas, ketra, LoA, DV, Forgoten Isle, Imperial tomb.

Zaken is your idea of content a shitty raid that spawns in 1 spot on top of a teleport and does nothing? Really? Those zones are not content.. They cannot even be farmed by 99% of the server hahahaha.

Anyways back on track.. Classic needs these changes ASAP or its only going to get worse.

Edited by woopwoop

5 hours ago, Schlickmann said:

Just be quiet dood. You and your cronies have been manipulating every unintended loop hole in the system since day 1. You're part of the original problem, and then you cry about people retaliating?

Edited by blaaahhhh

and

1 hour ago, blaaahhhh said:

Just be quiet dood. You and your cronies have been manipulating every unintended loop hole in the system since day 1. You're part of the original problem, and then you cry about people retaliating?

and now you are crying for being retaliated, asking for zaken to not be resetable and lvl 80 for not nerf

Edited by Schlickmann

17 hours ago, Vandur said:

2. Increase the level of all epics to 80+, and allow cancel/debuffs to land.  Right now AQ, Core, Orfen, and Zaken can all be nerfed by a few players 84+ who simply want to grief and ruin content for others.  Baium and Antharas are literally impossible to do because debuffs dont land.  

QA, Core and Orfen have to go back to how they were before, if high level hitting is petrified. 

17 hours ago, Juji said:

3. The cloth pieces are in limited supply as intended by Dev, but we are working to increase the amount of distribution for A-grade Gems and the Cloth Pieces.

Thanks for your response, but you didn't respond about item pieces and recipes now having 0 adena value. It might have been okay if dwarves were able to craft soulshots/spiritshots and soulshots/spiritshots had grades - then it might have been profitable to craft useless items for crystals, but with SS only available from shops - the only use for lots of materials was to sell them to shop to pay for SS. Now people, especially on low levels, can't afford exp with SS because most of the drop cannot be sold to the shop and nobody will buy these because there is no reason to craft it. I think this change should be reverted and people should be able to sell item pieces and recipes to the shop.

Thanks in advance for reply!

Regards,
Nevermind, playing since 2005.

All raids on the map should be 80+ and have fixed spawn time within the servers primetime this already exists in Essence but the raids are 70 not 80 so I dont think the dev's would have much issue with this. Just increase the level and update the drop tables to mirror something like lillith/anakim. 82 is probably the best idea for now. @Juji This would encourage pvp and give players motivation to fight over raids to gain gear and progress in game. Thank you for your help and work.

Edited by woopwoop

Please put a toggle on the Auto-Hunt similar to "Pickup" but instead makes your character stationary!  This lack of function makes it hard for us to farm without running around all over the place!  The interface was perfect the first time it came out!  This new interface is junk!

NOTE:  This insert is just one of MANY DEFECTS of this last update!

Respectfully,

Teddy