40,000 MOBS Exalt Quest - Why AOE Doesn't Get Credit for All Kills?

Get2ThePoint

I play Storm Screamer. I notice when I use an AOE that kills more than one mob I only hear one ding and see one kill on the quest item notification counter. For example, say I kill 4 Abandon Mines monsters with one Updraft spell. When I look at counter, however, I only see the number increase by 1. It happens all of the time. Is that a normal feature, or is there something wrong with the game?

2 minutes ago, Get2ThePoint said:

I play Storm Screamer. I notice when I use an AOE that kills more than one mob I only hear one ding and see one kill on the quest item notification counter. For example, say I kill 4 Abandon Mines monsters with one Updraft spell. When I look at counter, however, I only see the number increase by 1. It happens all of the time. Is that a normal feature, or is there something wrong with the game?

Quest reward at mines aren't 1/1.Check on it with single targets.

This behavior comes from way back even before awakening.
I remember at Plains of Lizardmen I used to aoe mobs and get 1 quest item per mob that died on the aoe. After some update, High-Five part 1, 2, 3 one of those, they changed to 1 item per group of mobs killed at the same time.

This is configurable per quest and is to slow down your quest progress. Dont you love them?

On 29/01/2020 at 10:24 AM, Get2ThePoint said:

i wish those good days back, when u killed 5 mobs and it counted 5 used to do exalted 4/5 in refinary in 1/2 days easy with only a feoh, now refinary dont count for the quest and u can kill 10 mob in a single shot still gonna count only one

To the OP, purely historical perspective, but the number of quest items that you get per kill and when you get them (i.e., last hit) has always varied from quest to quest. In that respect it's normal for the current Exalted quest to function as it does. That said, I don't agree with the developers logic that it should work this way.40,000 quest items is a staggering number. You'd think that they'd want players to progress much more quickly through them. As challenging as this might be for an AOE class, just imagine the eye bleed this causes for a single target, limited-to-no-AOE class. And imagine all of the time and resources wasted when a group does this quest. If nothing else, I would have thought of a way to better balance out the challenge so that everyone suffers equally. :D

On 1/29/2020 at 5:24 AM, Get2ThePoint said:

Archer > Mage