Any advantage in using a CrossBow over normal Bow?

I just realize normal archer now can use CrossBow due to recent Exalted Lv.1 & Lv.2 rewards seeing my archer got rewarded a Crossbow.  Sure enough in the Passive, says Bow/CrossBow... I had no idea when that got changed, it used to be only Kamael can use CrossBow.

So... due to Red Libra, I can convert some of my high-end weapons to CrossBow - any advantage pro and con of crossbow vs. bow?  anyone?  Thanks.

No advantage, only disadvantage.

Lower p.atk and faster atk speed. But, any archer with bow can reach 1500 atk speed cap permanently easily.

The 15% extra P.atk Yul Tricksters have doesn't even make it worth it because of how bows enchant compared to how crossbows enchant.

If you curious enought to read an weapon enchant scroll description, you'll see bows enchant more per + than crossbows. ( P. Atk. +6 for one-handed swords/ blunts/ staffs, daggers, spears P. Atk. +7 for two-handed swords/ blunts/ staffs, dual daggers, dual swords, fists P. Atk. +12 for bows M. Atk. +5 for all weapons Starting from +4, P./ M. Atk. bonus is greatly increased (more so in case of blessed weapons).
It does not states crossbows specifically but it gets increased by 7 as two-handed swords/ blunts/ staffs.(take a look at the screen shot of a +3 crossbow that increases 21 p.atk from base p.atk)

v1SdqnS.png

SO, when you have it overenchant for like +12 which is basic for today, the difference in p.atk of the bow will be so much greater that even for Yul Tricksters the cross bow will give them less p.atk.

From +4 the enchant bonus more than double, so bows get over 24 p.atk and while crossbows get only over 14. Imagine that over many ++++
Take a look at this screen. +7 bow gets 144 p.atk increase while crossbow gets only 84. Dont get wrong assumptions because one is R and other R95. What dictates how much extra atk they get is the scroll, not the grade.
YCTXl2G.png
And you get even more p.atk and difference from Bow to Crossbow for blessed/dark/bloody/any r110(cause even regular r110 enchant like a blessed weapon)

Edited by Daikon
  • Thanks 2

***From +4 the enchant bonus more than double, so bows get 27 p.atk per enchant while crossbows get a bit over 15. Imagine the difference over many enchantments.

R110 for comparison(don't forget regular R110 enchant like blessed/dark/bloddy):

rxreVav.png

Edited by Daikon
  • Haha 1

@Daikon thanks man for taking the time to explain with such details... I wouldn't even try Shooter... it's dumb that the Exalted weapon given is Shooter which is shit for archers...  Not that I really care since I got a +23 bless bow....  Just that it will save me the cost of being curious about a +16 bless Shooter just to play around from my extra unused +16 bless weapons (Stormer with Dreadnaught Dualclass that I don't play anymore).  So my LE archer is a PVP type Tricker, is that the reason why I got a Exalted Shooter as free gift and not an Exalted Bow?  Is this also why Kamael race went EXTINCT?

Edited by GhostintheShell

It's not perfect, but yes, the Exalted quest gives you weapons according to whatever class you are when you see the NPC. So if you were to go as a Maestro or something like that you would have received a one handed blunt weapon. In the end you can exchange Exalted equipment, if you receive something that you don't like, or made the mistake of talking to the NPC in the wrong class.

2 hours ago, Populus said:

If you're using normal attacks, crossbows have a slightly shorter cooldown, at least it did when i tested it a few years back

Yes, crossbows are still considered "Normal" attack launch speed weapons, while bows are rated as "Slow." In theory you get your bolts out slightly faster with the crossbow. I haven't used a crossbow since Kamaels were first introduced. IIRC, the crossbow was really made to cater to trickster skills and included slightly quicker launch, but less range than a bow. Not sure if that's still the case.

On 02.02.2020 at 8:08 AM, GhostShadow said:

IIRC, the crossbow was really made to cater to trickster skills and included slightly quicker launch, but less range than a bow. Not sure if that's still the case.

Atm,  all archers have the same 900 range.

Edited by LordDragnil
Minor improvements