Forums

Macro eror

Holmanu

noticed that not all macro looping work properly

tryed loop macro on elemental master for using Life Cubic during autohunting like this:

/autohuntingoff

/useskill summon life cubic

/autohuntingon

/delay 1020

When autohunting turning on by macro looping turned off

but similar macro was tested on dwarf and working properly

/autohuntingoff

/target name

/useskill encase armor

/autohuntingon

/delay 1020

tryed add chat lines befor /autohuntingon and /delay commands for detect when macro looping stop. after autohunting started next chat line from macro do not appear. tested same macro on SE too and work properly too. tryed change skills for summoner but with same negative result. looping of another macroses without turning on/off autohunt on summoner working well.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Tool_of_Society said:

OR you can just right click teh macro after you click auto hunt.

Autohunt can be very finicky in this game. I've had clients where autohunt will cycle off/on just by clicking on to the client (left or right) either in the window itself or the icon on the task bar. I've had autohunt straight up turn itself off even when I didn't click on the actual client. My theory on that is that when two game clients overlap sometimes clicks will go through the top game client into the game client stacked below (seen this many times prior to autohunt) which then causes autohunt to turn off.

Along with that issue sometimes one or two game clients will insist on turning off the macro loop when autohunt is turned on or autohunt itself will insist on turning on a specific macro when used.  You can even remove all macros from your hotkeys and autohunt will still use the macro it wants to use. When that happens I have to right click to disable the autohunt chosen macro then right click the one I want for it to work properly.

It can be quite "fun" to try to stop my party when everytime I change a client the last client turns autohunt on or the newly swapped to client turns it on for no discernible reason.

A nuisance for sure but nothing compared to the problems the game is facing right now so I haven't bothered to write a post complaining about it. I'd much rather they get things like debuffs showing properly or right click to block spammer in first.

Edited by Tool_of_Society
  • Like 1

• 6 months later...
On 2/1/2020 at 11:30 AM, Buldos said:

noticed that not all macro looping work properly

tryed loop macro on elemental master for using Life Cubic during autohunting like this:

/autohuntingoff

/useskill summon life cubic

/autohuntingon

/delay 1020

When autohunting turning on by macro looping turned off

but similar macro was tested on dwarf and working properly

/autohuntingoff

/target name

/useskill encase armor

/autohuntingon

/delay 1020

tryed add chat lines befor /autohuntingon and /delay commands for detect when macro looping stop. after autohunting started next chat line from macro do not appear. tested same macro on SE too and work properly too. tryed change skills for summoner but with same negative result. looping of another macroses without turning on/off autohunt on summoner working well.

I run into the same thing with my Elemental Summoner.  Looping with the command /autohuntingon breaks the macro loop.

1 hour ago, Pradaya said:

You might want to try the command /autoplayon instead. It does the same thing, but the macro is /autoplayon /autoplayoff. 

thanks for the info,  as soon as /autoplayon or /autohuntingon occurs the macro stops - back to the drawing board