Accounts banneds for use Auto-Hunting?

Kendrick

Look what a wonderful thing,

Due to the economy being in chaos I decided to move 9 chars in Ruins of Agony making adena for me to buy SS and go back to farming at my mage party. I had the wonderful surprise of waking up and having my accounts banned, but why banned? Because I am trying to remedy a problem that GMs cannot solve. I'm getting adena with Auto Hunting, a mechanism that the game offers me, without using any type of external program or Bot and I was banned. I would like to congratulate the NCsoft team @Juji and @Hime  or whoever did it for yet another horrible job, now players who try to farm their adena to buy soul shots legally will be banned !!!!

5 minutes ago, Ingwaz said:

Hey did u submit a support ticket?  Was your IP banned? How do u know its because of botting report?
Sometimes their automated system bans you and u get unbanned through email or support ticket submission.

I sent a ticket to the game support and I am waiting for the accounts to be unbanned, it was not an IP ban because I have other accounts logged in, it was an account ban. I think it's amazing how they can't identify a bot and end up banning players who don't use a bot !!!!

I dont think you were banned for botting. Their out-of-date automated security system seems to ban accounts for safety, especially when u have multiple accs. It happens to me often. I email  them and with 24hrs its unbanned. Annnoying, but not the end :P

Unless they told ya it was for botting?

You probably weren't banned for botting, but rather for multiple character/account creation in a short period. This usually triggers an automated ban, but it's not permanent. The support will unban them once your ticket is processed.

13 hours ago, Kendrick said:

Look what a wonderful thing,

Due to the economy being in chaos I decided to move 9 chars in Ruins of Agony making adena for me to buy SS and go back to farming at my mage party. I had the wonderful surprise of waking up and having my accounts banned, but why banned? Because I am trying to remedy a problem that GMs cannot solve. I'm getting adena with Auto Hunting, a mechanism that the game offers me, without using any type of external program or Bot and I was banned. I would like to congratulate the NCsoft team @Juji and @Hime  or whoever did it for yet another horrible job, now players who try to farm their adena to buy soul shots legally will be banned !!!!

Boy that's interesting as I've ran a 9 man group AND a 3 man group through ROA in the last month. Left them running over night because I was low on time and I wanted to get the quest done. Since there are bots everywhere the quest can take quite a lot longer than it should.  I'm about to run another 9 man through there for a test group.

You probably got caught up in some security related system.

10 hours ago, mixa said:

You probably weren't banned for botting, but rather for multiple character/account creation in a short period. This usually triggers an automated ban, but it's not permanent. The support will unban them once your ticket is processed.

I wonder what the parameters are for that as I've not run into that issue so far.

6 hours ago, Tool_of_Society said:

I wonder what the parameters are for that as I've not run into that issue so far.

Not sure either, but I've seen many people being hit by it even making one single new account and character in it.

8 hours ago, Tool_of_Society said:

Boy that's interesting as I've ran a 9 man group AND a 3 man group through ROA in the last month. Left them running over night because I was low on time and I wanted to get the quest done. Since there are bots everywhere the quest can take quite a lot longer than it should.  I'm about to run another 9 man through there for a test group.

You probably got caught up in some security related system.

There is no type of parameter. @Juji and @Hime

I received the email saying that I was using an external program, abusive. I was banned with low lvl chars taking adena in ROA, in the same accounts as high level game.

Would anyone using a bot use the same accounts to farm low lvl? of course not!

Someone who has vip 5 and vip 6 chars would use these accounts to get adena? Obviously not because the chars would up faster and I would have to do more low lvl chars to get adena.

Congratulations NCsoft for banning one player lvl 80+ and supports, congratulations for not knowing how to distinguish auto-hunting from a bot, congratulations for taking out a player who has char in Chronos, in Giran all lvl high, who has been playing since 2009 when the bills were still paid and congratulations on taking a collaborator off the server, because I always bought Ncoins at events!

• Moderators

Greetings everyone,

I would like to take this opportunity and remind everybody that the forum staff has not access to your game accounts to look into these matters for you, only the Support team can.

We would also like to ask everyone to take a quick moment and review our Code of Conduct, on which grounds I am now locking this thread.

Thank you!