Live Server Maintenance: Wednesday, February 19, 2020

Hime

• L2 Team

Game servers will be down for maintenance beginning Wednesday, February 19, 2020 at 5 a.m. PST / 7 a.m. CST / 8 a.m. EST / 2 p.m. GMT+1 and will be unavailable for approximately 2 hours and 45 minutes.

With this maintenance:

• Standard database maintenance and application restarts will be performed.
  • The Power of Love event will remain for the next two weeks.
  • Sweetheart Box will be available in the L2 Store for the next two weeks.
  • Several latency reducing measures will be temporarily implemented to improve server performance, while we wait for our new server hardware to arrive:
    • The monster spawn time in the Altar of Evil hunting zone will be temporarily increased from 7 seconds to 45 seconds a mob to provide better server performance.
    • The number of monsters that spawn in Timed Hunting Zones will be temporarily reduced by 30%.
  • Character creation will be briefly enabled after the maintenance, but will be disabled again from 2/20 until 2/26.
  • Timed Hunting Zone Recharge Stones in the L2 Store will remain disabled until the issue with their usage can be fixed.
  • All Weapon Appearance Stones will be removed from player inventories and warehouses.

Other Notes:

• We are waiting on new server hardware to address server latency.

If you have any questions about the changes taking place during this maintenance, please feel free to post them on the forums. We also encourage you to follow @LineageIIOps for maintenance and server status updates.

• Juji pinned this topic

You are going to pay me back 2x for my prestige packs and Destiny packs from my Characters. It's not our fault that some players are taking advantage of a glitch in your game on recharge stones. it's the only way for people in this game to make Adena since y'all screwed Adena drops.

• Like 7

Going on two weeks wasting our Prestige and Destiny packs. Is there any plan to reimburse or give compensation for the players who currently have Prestige and Destiny packs running? Loosing the ability to farm in-game Adena currency and Experience Points.

• Like 5

I have to put my two cents in here. Many of us spend a good deal of money on Prestige and other items within the game only to have NCSoft hit us with stuff like this. Would it hurt at all to refund us or give us some kick back for helping keep your servers alive and populated? Shoot us an XP event for free? SOMETHING?!? I promote the hell out of your game, obviously by choice, but I can say who else is bringing in or back players to your servers as much as I am? I think I speak for everyone here when I say you need to start treating us players better. Before you know it you wont have them.

I also recently reached out to your PR Team about helping you guys promote more for events and such but seems to fall on deaf ears. Are you really that complacent?

• Like 5
  • Thanks 4

Your support and attempts at running a functioning healthy game over the last year and counting has been so horrific.

The Latency, the insane bugs, the fail on messing up server transfers and still not having an eta or hope for the service to go back up, the continuous incompetence and silence from GM’s and support not being transparent and caring about the community that’s supporting the game. Seems the support team doesn’t know the game at all and they reply with the depth of auto response bot that’s slightly buffered.

It’s ridiculous and I really hope the L2 community can come together and legitimately be heard, respected and compensated for all we’ve contributed and spoken up about over the years... you’ve heard it enough from your veterans and casuals. What would happen if we as a community decided to simply stop supporting you until you support us legitimately?

Instead you continue draining the servers with all the insane p2w events, compensation never really happens, it’s just compounded by more bugs, latency, fail events and silence. You’ve just continued to do nothing in return to the supporting community... just bare minimum to make people keep spending. You don’t actually care... which further makes it impossible for a community to enjoy the game.

Yes... people should have their destiny/prestige packs and whatever other runes and temporary consumables compensated. 

But really, some fundamental laundry list of nonsenses has to be addressed.

Functioning  Servers, Compensation for the months of idiotic instabilities, Opening Transfers, Transparency to your player base to keep this game alive and care towards your player base.

Edited by Astroviking
  • Like 3

I concur with my esteemed colleagues here....   I’ve been paying for boost (Destiny and Prestige)  and getting nothing but lag and lack of server support....  Recharge stones out of L2 store...  I rely on these PAID instance zones to XP and make some adena AGAIN to spend in your game...  I also believe some compensation is needed here....  

• Like 3

I guess i shouldn't be surprised anymore that you don't seem to care all that much about the core players who spend money in your game. Again we've wasted prestige packs and destiny packs because of latency/severe lag and you removing the passes for timed zones an on top of that also reducing the mobs there. Basically making it wothless to spend time on. Give us compensation for the wasted packs and a free xp base event !!!

• Like 1

wow ... farmers are crying hard.

I can bet that 1 or 2 players wrote all messages here. Exactly like in game ... 1 ppl using 100 boxes or more and crying for lag. Pathetic.

Btw ... some time ago same ppl were shooting how they are farming 16-24b per day. Soon you ll put those billions somewhere because of lack of normal ppl.

1 hour ago, Geo22 said:

I can bet that 1 or 2 players wrote all messages here. Exactly like in game ... 1 ppl using 100 boxes or more and crying for lag. Pathetic.

Not True Geo...you will lose the bet, if you dont have problems doesnt mean others dont have too :).
Kissmyknife -old player, i know him in game; Sharlana-old player, atleast on forum;Texas-the same; Clobber-can see him streaming everyday, nice fellow;etc.
And btw if you are Geo from Shilen why stop post vids? 9_9

Just to remember to people we had lag from august 2019 so more 4 months and we celebrate 1 year lag so NCWEST can make event :) so from august till now we only get dust in eyes and now the cherry of the cake (no account creation ,delay on respawn on mobs, reduce mobs in time limited zones,no more pass for time limited zones) so why dont increase exp/drop rate more to cover this in other regions all work fine they have better support ,events, market prices,promotions and they dont cut game. my point is we wait from august and evry month we get promises and cut on game content

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

7 hours ago, Hime said:

Game servers will be down for maintenance beginning Wednesday, February 19, 2020 at 5 a.m. PST / 7 a.m. CST / 8 a.m. EST / 2 p.m. GMT+1 and will be unavailable for approximately 2 hours and 45 minutes.

With this maintenance:

• Standard database maintenance and application restarts will be performed.
  • The Power of Love event will remain for the next two weeks.
  • Sweetheart Box will be available in the L2 Store for the next two weeks.
  • Several latency reducing measures will be temporarily implemented to improve server performance, while we wait for our new server hardware to arrive:
    • The monster spawn time in the Altar of Evil hunting zone will be temporarily increased from 7 seconds to 45 seconds a mob to provide better server performance.
    • The number of monsters that spawn in Timed Hunting Zones will be temporarily reduced by 30%.
  • Character creation will be briefly enabled after the maintenance, but will be disabled again from 2/20 until 2/26.
  • Timed Hunting Zone Recharge Stones in the L2 Store will remain disabled until the issue with their usage can be fixed.
  • All Weapon Appearance Stones will be removed from player inventories and warehouses.

Other Notes:

• We are waiting on new server hardware to address server latency.

If you have any questions about the changes taking place during this maintenance, please feel free to post them on the forums. We also encourage you to follow @LineageIIOps for maintenance and server status updates.

this means atleast another week of full lag? if i remember correct we got last update on january the 16th......so 5 weeks terrible lag, and its the 3rd time this happened after ncwest done an update............can u plz start to care about your servers finaly...

You keep saying that you are waiting for server hardware, I hear that same excuse for months. When I need some hardware I go to the nearest shop and buy it and I don't have the money that you guys have, is that so hard? to buy some up-to-date hardware that most likely is in stock at YOUR NEAREST SHOP???

If you can't buy it just let me know what you need, send me the moneyz and I ship it to you from Portugal, in 3 days including shipping you'll have it!

Game is pretty much dead already but still you push P2W events with absurd prices and ppl with normal lives and family can't afford to spend the required amount to even get a boost in the game, only those who RMT are able to keep spending and getting stronger and stronger.

• Thanks 2