Live Server Maintenance: Wednesday, February 19, 2020

Hime

https://forums.lineage2.com/topic/14790-live-unscheduled-server-maintenance-friday-august-23/

@Juji

If you look at the thread above this is when you promised "Server Upgrades" were being done due to server lag.  Even since Aug when this post is the server lag NEVER went away.  In your newer post since last patch update you blame the update on the lag I think you fail to realize it never went away.  Now I don't know many games that require server upgrades less than every few years, but Aug - Feb thats 6 months and your saying the servers need upgrades again?  You've been saying since Dec that servers need a upgrade and your awaiting parts, I don't know how your still waiting for parts for 2 months?  You've had so many people complain about compensation and you have said nothing about it, I for one canceled my prestige pack due to the lag.  I have a destiny pack running in which I spend a good major of the night dead while sleeping due to server lag and VR not working due to lag and I die.  Its amazing its like NCSoft is looking through my webcam because within 1 hr EVERY NIGHT of me going to bed I'm dead and no longer exping.  But I can sit here and watch it 16 hrs a day but as soon as I go to bed BAM i'm dead.  I for one am tired of waiting for no response, tired of being ignored, and tired of being treated like a customer you don't care about.  I honestly feel like I'm going to the VA for Medical Appointments, NC Soft does NOTHING to help its customers other than say "Buy L2 Store Items" beyond that there is no customer server, there is no QA Team, there is no Customer Relations.  Its a big fat ZERO blanks given.  Please start doing your job and fix the servers

there should be 0 lag since there is no new content....its just updated content from years ago, and half of the areas/zones from years ago are not even used anymore

basically you just have a bunch of people concentrated in old areas that were upgraded to meet current level/gear players

if the servers could handle 2-3x the players back in the day spread across the whole map, why can it not handle half the player population in only half the map?

NCscam doing half the work and making more $ than ever off these pay2play kidz…..what a bunch of dorktarded players lol

btw, I don't lag at all even if I have 14 toons logged in, so maybe you kidz should check your ISP or something

also, NCscam, maybe if your customer service and game content choices didn't suck so bad, you could make more $

Looking for Compensations for server lag, mobs re spawn, recharge tickets and consumables, constant DC's: Cakes, Roses, Prestige Packs, 30 XP Runes ,Time Recharging Stones hundreds of dollars waist because of bed performance :) How can you insure us that the money we spend will bring a better quality?

I give an example, i have spent to buy packs that gives 30 bloody rune 30 day advanced talisman 30 day skill critical damage talisman and i used this talismans and because of the disconnects, lag, glitches, mobs re-spawn i could not use 60% of the items value after opening..

it is obvious that the business logic hangs out when we make a call and the servers looks congested.

So the question is why these issues have not been tested, found and fix before the update was launched but the wallet of the simple player who supports the game after all is not reimbursed?

Thanks anyway, it is just some constructive feedback to build on :) 

i have a question for al donor ppl...
why you still invest in destiny and rune packs, even when you know(from many years ago) that the server are in complete decadence?
why now start complaining about? all "old" ppl know that lineage oficial become one of the worst server in maintenance since 2017 and you still invest in a dead game who lacks of capacitated ppl(aka mods, devs, gms).

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Elgi said:

i have a question for al donor ppl...
why you still invest in destiny and rune packs, even when you know(from many years ago) that the server are in complete decadence?
why now start complaining about? all "old" ppl know that lineage oficial become one of the worst server in maintenance since 2017 and you still invest in a dead game who lacks of capacitated ppl(aka mods, devs, gms).

Good questions put up here. It's like getting a rotten fish at the restaurant and you keep ordering it.

Better cheer that these servers are still up, instead of complaining 24/7.

Funniest part is that ppl crying that wasting XP runes, and other staff cos can't xp... and as compensation for that asking for XP boost... So now can any1 explain me, if with runes they can't get XP how are going to do that with bonus settings? :D KEK.

Let them fix lags first of all, then ask for any bonus settings.

Chers.

2 minutes ago, Excommunicated said:

I don't understand why they complain so much, this is very simple, just as NcWest damages our wallets with continuous p2w events, let's damage your pockets and how? Not buying Ncoin, Prestige pack, etc. And when they see their sales statistics, they may do something about it.:D:D

nope, they dont care if you stop buy ncoins, if they see the profit of a game is getting down fast, they close the server, btw if this occurs, ppl who "invest" money starts to complain about the close...you pay, so...if you pay, you know that thingsmay occur, and for that reason i ask for donor ppl why still pay, when they know this things may happend and pretend to be "remunerated"(sorry i dont found a better word) for pay

5 minutes ago, Elgi said:

no, no les importa si dejas de comprar ncoins, si ven que las ganancias de un juego están bajando rápidamente, cierran el servidor, por cierto si esto ocurre, las personas que "invierten" el dinero comienzan a quejarse del cierre ... tú pague, así que ... si paga, sabe que pueden ocurrir cosas, y por esa razón le pido a los donantes por qué seguir pagando, cuando saben que esto puede suceder y pretender ser "remunerado" (lo siento, no encontré un mejor palabra) por paga

Elgi you can not pay for a bad service, you are telling me that for fear that they close the game you have to continue paying pufff .. better that they close and so we all go to another more stable and economical server. don't you think this?

3 minutes ago, Excommunicated said:

Elgi you can not pay for a bad service, you are telling me that for fear that they close the game you have to continue paying pufff .. better that they close and so we all go to another more stable and economical server. don't you think this?

business are business, ppl act like that, ppl think if they invest money to "save" there toons the game may not close. but as i say, in NCSOFT ToS all your money you invest art in "purchase", and here goes my question again: why you pay even you know that lineage is an old game? why you pay even when you know about exploits, lags, servers crashes, bad devs, broken game etc? why now you need a compensation when you have like 3 or 4 years of bad decisions(from 100% p2w events, adena nerf, items nerf, chars nerf, to lag, server merges etc)?

Lol devs... admins... and etc. There is so simple to remove lags from server. Lags for what exist? Skills? Yes. And why? Simple... ARCHER CLASES!

TO SOLVE PROBLEMS  - NEED JUST DECREASE ARCHER SKILL REUSE, DECREASE SKILL MASTERY! OR JUST SIMPLE NEED TO MAKE BIGGER DELAY BETWEEN SKILLS.

Why? I see in some parties, and some video how play archers. Macro mouse or macro keyboard macro commands problem there - archers fast killing and fast doing next target (10 or more times "next target" in 1 sec!) Because most using macro command next target - skill - next target - skil -next target - skill. And it's really fast - because macro mouse approx not have delay... so 1 wrong archer on macro mouse = 10 in game macro. 100 wrong archers on macro mouse = 1000 in game macro.. simple...

I see that video in youtube (archer from Naia server) - its look like (DDoS) attack

It's not just the Yulls, I also don't think that's the problem, I read in the forums the GMs have always said that they receive the update package they send them from Korea (obviously these updates are modified for our servers and it's Here where the errors occur because they modify the programming and leave the Database working more than necessary and this causes the server to have delays because I assure you that the database must be making 1000 queries to validate a data instead of performing only 1 query) this is happens a lot in Programming when you use a code that is not yours and modify it at your convenience.

3 hours ago, OutrangeouS said:

You keep saying that you are waiting for server hardware, I hear that same excuse for months. When I need some hardware I go to the nearest shop and buy it and I don't have the money that you guys have, is that so hard? to buy some up-to-date hardware that most likely is in stock at YOUR NEAREST SHOP???

If you can't buy it just let me know what you need, send me the moneyz and I ship it to you from Portugal, in 3 days including shipping you'll have it!

Game is pretty much dead already but still you push P2W events with absurd prices and ppl with normal lives and family can't afford to spend the required amount to even get a boost in the game, only those who RMT are able to keep spending and getting stronger and stronger.

Have you ever bought server hardware?

Where I work the people are trying to do capacity planning for the next ~12 months, because the lead time can easily be 6 months or more for the amount of stuff we need.

Assuming that we're talking about <10 servers I wouldn't expect it that long for the game servers here - e.g. off-the-shelf Dell servers are ready to ship normally in less than a week, but if you look at the Dell website you can also see some models taking up to ~3 weeks for shipment. You never know the circumstances (Maybe it took 2 months to get the internal approval for the "We want to buy hardware" ^^)

After new Hardware arrives two more weeks to set up. Really @Juji @Hime, this time reduces. Leveling and farming are getting worse every week. Really if you ask for the community what they would prefer: lag or at least more mobs to farm I guess you know the answer. The level without spend Ncoins is something that takes a good amount of days, even months and you are making this worse every single week because of a lag?

A reasonable point is to at least grow the XP from mobs. Once they respawn are getting longer. And maybe instead of having 5 mobs in the same spot change for 3, raise the HP and raise de XP too. It does have many things that you can do. Why not ask the community?

Edited by abnersajr
Wrong person marked