Server Fix !

WoDy

• Moderators

Greetings everybody,

We have once again cleaned this thread up a bit. Feedback is being forwarded as we speak, so please continue providing it in a civil manner, as most of you are. 

Please continue to stay on topic. Though this thread was started as a petition, you guys are sharing very good insight here and we would hate to lose this combined brainstorming thread due to disruptive behavior.

We would also like to refer you to this part in our Code of Conduct "Community Managers & other NCSOFT Staff".

Thank you for taking the time to post here!

• Like 2

Okay, I see how this is going to play out and I am pretty sure the rest of you are smart enough to figure it out. For the most part all our concerns have been expressed on this thread. We can keep “posting” but all we can really do is wait and see. I am confident that we as a community of players, know what appropriate action(s) / step(s) need to be taken on our part based on what happens next. It’s great to see that we can come together and make our voices as one. When the time comes, I would ask that everyone collectively support each other with the appropriate action(s) / step(s) based on the outcome.

Well Giran server, after this answer from this called moderator "PhoneixMitra" i think we are all done.

All the things that we said By RHIKEY / SILENT13 / Tools of Society / reaper are the truth!!!

THis is a game with 15 years old...we are all grown up man and woman that play this for the nostalgia!!!! THATS it!!!

All the ppl that are here for at least 1 year know that what reaper said is the truth!! But even that being truth, we knew that and still play.

Playing a game to lvl up until max lvl (1 year and half later, only 3 whales did it and i bet that 90% of the ppl 82+ are whales too) is one of the goals. To reach that without using SoulSHOT cause the adena does not cover the costs??? ITS UNACCEPPTABLE. We are on 2020.....i am almost max lvl on a MMO and i cant farm cause i cant earn money in game to farm? Thinking of having another separate party on my PC just to farm some adena so i can cover costs on my main char of the BSS or SS??? are you for real?? in 2020???
Aion, WoW, Tera, BdO, FinalFantasy, Elder Scrolls....if i say that to any player of those games they will laugh at my face!!! AND THEY ARE RIGHT!!!!!!!!

It's absolutly UNACCEPTABLE the 3 answers we got from this 7 pages of posts are polite answer of "things being forwarded".
WE are WEST players!!!!!!!!! Not koreans!!!!!!!!!!!!! our game mentality is different!! there are reasons for some MMO to be successfull only in west or east and you know those reasons!!

I said early that the ppl (person/clan) that started this topic are the ppl that are destroying the server, and i mantain that idea.But many things were said is this topic that if you listen and try to implement them it would be awsome.

U reach 3rd class lvl 80 and then what? farm XP zones with no SS to get 5% per week, and to get PK every single day??? Farm adena zones, to get 1% per week and not adena to cover the SS and SO costs?? cant farm RB lvl 80 as a live clan activity cause theres a clan with overpowered gear (because of the constant pay to win events) that with barriers breakers on BOT destroy every lvl 80 RB in 1 min?? Sieges with only 1 castle that if the 2 most overpowered mages (Daimon and eddiev2 with 48k M.ATTACK!!!!) shows up they can 1 shot 95% of the server alone????

NC soft right now, after your harassment is like this: Give me..GIVE the players, 1 reason for us to continue to play here???
An official server its suppose to have better support and stability to last years, thats why official is prefered to illegal servers and right now...with this?? i will have more fun on a illegal server ,that after 1 year closes ,than on this server.

All the players that i started with,...some of them whales...left....i allways knew they were right....bye bye

Game from the point of new player...

I just started to play here, and what I see:

1) shots with price of 22 a, while SSD should be 10 a. No selling crap, it makes situation even worse. Its starting levels, so later, when mobs are harder, and you have to spent more consumable materials, it will be catastrophic.

2) In one place crowds of low level elf mages with unicorns, don't give possibility to farm. In another place - the same. In third place is destroyer in A-grade equipment with pack of 3-prof support... All the locations are for level 20-25!

In game with logic, high levels should have competition for the best farm on high level locations. Aren't? 

For me absolutely clear, that server doesn't worth for spending money. And, if i will be killed by PK - than, its obviously, server is not worth even for spending time. Lootbox-fans, 10 men, will play it alone, without another players, will see how long.

So here is my $.02.

Adding more adena into the economy will just cause inflation. Think of real world economies, if there is more money, those that have the items, will make those with more adena pay a higher price.

Why not make the rest of the game like real world?  You can't make it partially like a real economy and partially not a real economy.  What do I mean?

Gear (Armor, Weps, Jewels, scrolls, everything). Make it all available to buy with NCoin.  The toon that buys those items can keep them on those toons forever and they never expire or disappear. However if that toon wants to trade, share, or sell an item it purchased, then the item has a 3 month countdown to expire and disappear.  This will allow everyone a chance to gear up fully and fairly. No gambling needed. The game should still keep everything in game as an item drop from doing raids and mobs, etc.  Items from raids and drops can be sold, traded and circulated without an expiration. 

The problem everyone has is the economy.  You have to fix the economy, to keep people happy and playing.  Again look at the real world.  When economies collapse people riot and revolt, and that is where you are in the game.  I say put the grade penalty back on as well, that way people buy more items as they rise through the ranks.  You also take the power away from the botters that hold all the keys.  With a real world system in place, they can't control every aspect of the game.

To be fair, your prices for items must be reasonably priced.  The SS tickets I can buy from NCoin for example are more expensive than buying adena from sellers and purchasing from in game stores.  Match the price/cost to get more sales.  Again real world example: 2 gas stations next to each other selling gas.  One is selling gas for $2 per gallon the other is selling gas for $3 gallon.  I will buy from the $2 gas station everytime, and I bet you would also. 

As for the PK'rs, I say form a group of people and go in there so when the red PK logs in as a group/clan, kill him and watch their gear fall and pick it up when they die. 

5 hours ago, PhoenixMitra said:

Greetings everybody,

We have once again cleaned this thread up a bit. Feedback is being forwarded as we speak, so please continue providing it in a civil manner, as most of you are. 

Please continue to stay on topic. Though this thread was started as a petition, you guys are sharing very good insight here and we would hate to lose this combined brainstorming thread due to disruptive behavior.

We would also like to refer you to this part in our Code of Conduct "Community Managers & other NCSOFT Staff".

Thank you for taking the time to post here!

Since you are enjoying the suggestions, I think it's time to give an answer.

We are waiting, we are tired and are discouraged.

• Thanks 1

as a newcomer i agree the economy is totally broken. You have to hustle or buy nccoin, there is no other option.
Also, it is funny that peeps with botting parties complain about bots (i mean automated chars). It is discouraging for a new player on this server!
You complain there is no adena for ss so lets make 7 toons and farm automated. And then come here and complain the whole server is full of that and, main problem, you can't farm that good anymore..... Utterly craptalk!

+1!

Dont forget about Gemstones A on the weapons (A) to socket Runes ... they used to be 5 and its pointed as "a known issue".... almost a year and nothing about it.... 

its almost impossible for me to get one from drops, the only way is the market , but jeeez man 108 gemstones A for 1 Rune.......its sad....

You make some valid points on your post and I agree with most of them. I do not play on Giran server, but I am 100% sure, there are people like you mentioned on each server. The changes that are being requested can positively affect said individuals, but the impact will be greater for “regular” players. As it stands now, most epic raids are already camped by “Farmers” at least the doable ones. The real issue is the lack of GM presence and punishment for “Farmers” and RMT in the game.

Respect to all the community for coming together as one to achieve a common goal.

I can attest that after achieving level 85 and having nearly all the necessary gear to comfortably farm top areas (which 90% of the server CANNOT do) it is still not profitable enough to make it worth my while and farm LoA , Dragon Valley or wherever anyone thinks it'd be worth awhile to farm.

I believe that it's ridiculous that there is 0 to no content in this game. There are no goals to achieve as most of them are impossible to achieve via normal grind.

Gear, cannot be acquired through farming and the market prices are so high that regular players who do not invest thousands in p2w events cannot stay even nearly competitive.

The developers of this game (if they still care) need to make this game appealing to new, old, returning players. Please take example of Black Desert Online. If you may visit their policies as I believe they know how to retain players, attract new players and call back players that have quit.

It's quite simple, not all players want to be TOP. We understand that in order to maintain top status in server one needs to invest in p2w events and pretty much swipe more than other players.

However, the hours played (actively (which content is not available) ) should anyhow become more important than how much a player has swiped.

Example, think of instances that will REQUIRE live players to complete it. Similar to Istina/tauti and other instances in GoD close/far aoes forcing all players to be active in the instance. This would force players to group up together and do instances that can grant them epics similar to top epics and allow them to be competitive (just an idea).

Bot parties will always exist but players who don't have bot parties should be able to acquire their equipment through regular grind in groups in some of the more hard areas.

Implementing an updated VIP system does not fix the problem, launching a new P2W event does not fix it either.
You have to understand that the players in Korea and the players in NA have different mentalities and style of playing and you cannot just copy paste events from one place to another and expect the server to be happy.

As a loyal customer and a person who loves this game, I'm begging you to listen to the input that people have in this forum and take actions accordingly because as of right now, this server seems like a big waste of time.

90% of the population is farming afk, and rest is sitting in town. This is not normal, if we wanted to watch characters farm by themselves we would watch TwitchTV or youtube videos has the same result.
What was the point of developing our characters to end game gear ( available) if we have nothing to do daily but to go and ... farm AFK again in necropolis.

As game developers you should take in account the demands that the community has done and adjust the server to a desirable state where people will be happy with the game. As you may know, it's impossible to make everyone happy, but when a whole community has had enough of it and enemy clans that hate each other come together to state that the game is in a state of "SHIT" , then perhaps it's time to listen and correct your mistakes.

iEddie

• Like 3

3 hours ago, kafro said:

You want to make classic great again? 

Bring back the 3 windows per pc policy.
Bring back (was never here unfortunately) the equipment drop when killed by monsters.
Bots will be reduced dramatically with this feature. A year ago everyone was crying in order not to implement this feature that is from day 1 in any other ncsoft classic server.

You know I don't understand the obsession with limiting clients per PC. Bots don't care about those limits and those are the real problem. Those boxing characters would only be minorly inconvenienced as you can buy SFF business machines more than capable of running 3 lineage 2 clients for $30 or less off ebay or craigslist. My i5 sff business machines pull about 35 watts each from the wall when running 3 lineage 2 clients. Three of those machines running pulls less power than my main machine running one client.. There are other ways to get past that limit without buying more machines but I won't cover that in case it is against the TOS or whatever.

Equipment drop on death is another thing some people seem to think will solve all the problems. The reality is we had that for well over a decade and even combined with pay to buy the game then pay more monthly to play there were still massive bot trains everywhere (including farmers PKing to protect said bot trains and their areas). It would have no noticeable affect on bots but it would screw over the legit players greatly. You think summoner bots are a problem now well you aint seen nothing just make equipment drop a thing and all you'll see are summoner bots.I have no interest in going back to that time when people would invest hours harassing others just in the hopes an item might drop. I have no interest in having another thing that massively motivates people to NOT party up. It's already hard enough to get a party now with xp loss and the lack of drops from monsters. Adding in equipment drop on death would only make it worse.

As stated prior this is 2020 and there are a variety of very successful MMORPGs to play that reward the player for reaching high levels or noodling around....A friend of mine started playing archeage: unchained (the non p2w version) after the last L2 patch made him quit and he's so busy doing random non level related fun stuff that he's not even close to max level yet. Meanwhile in L2 I can check the mains to delete useless drops and make sure the vend character is vending and I'm done for the day....

After my game friends quit L2 I dedicated my secondary group accounts to farming adena for my mains so I could use some shots on my mains. I stopped that when I took my two week break from the game. I've left them offline because I am not putting that much effort into this game anymore.  VIP is now down to 3 or less on all accounts and will continue to tick down.

EDIT:

Bot parties will always exist but players who don't have bot parties should be able to acquire their equipment through regular grind in groups in some of the more hard areas.

Exactly this game should be rewarding people for investing their time. Every other major MMORPG allows advancement of characters through in game activity that doesn't require 1000s of hours of grind.

Edited by Tool_of_Society

Okay, I was going to sit this one out, but I must interject. He and his clan are not the problem if you really think about it. I am not picking sides here but let’s face the cold hard facts.

Botting has been happening since the game came to be. Think about it, the only people that can fix the botting issue is NCsoft.

As it stands now, it basically allowed, I mean just check out the low hunting areas and you will see it full of kamels and ponies.

All it would take is for GM to do a sweep through and in 10 – 15 mins they could destroy all bots if they wanted too. Secondly, if you think about, there is RMT because there are people willing to pay.

Those people are the ones you should really be angry with because they create the demand. I am pretty sure that the way they see it is that they are providing a service as morbid as that sounds.

Buying trade-able items from the L2 store and then selling them, you are most likely selling to farmers for the most part.

As the economy stands right now, most regular players cannot generate the amount of adena that said items are selling for currently.

So, your feeding the “Farmers” the P2W items that allow them to pay for their bots by gearing them up. Which in turn enables their DD’s groups to basically solo those raid boss and hold castles to set the tax rate at 30%.

Again, all NCsoft has do is have GMs log in and do random sweeps across each server and annihilate all those bots. It is very easy to tell the difference between AFK macros and bots.

And lastly, they could do like they do or did on live and sell 30-day Epic Jewel packs and kill the “Farmers” ability to make profits on epic jewels. I personally would not mind supporting the game that way.

20 minutes ago, Arsh said:

Okay, I was going to sit this one out, but I must interject. He and his clan are not the problem if you really think about it. I am not picking sides here but let’s face the cold hard facts.

Botting has been happening since the game came to be. Think about it, the only people that can fix the botting issue is NCsoft.

As it stands now, it basically allowed, I mean just check out the low hunting areas and you will see it full of kamels and ponies.

All it would take is for GM to do a sweep through and in 10 – 15 mins they could destroy all bots if they wanted too. Secondly, if you think about, there is RMT because there are people willing to pay.

Those people are the ones you should really be angry with because they create the demand. I am pretty sure that the way they see it is that they are providing a service as morbid as that sounds.

Buying trade-able items from the L2 store and then selling them, you are most likely selling to farmers for the most part.

As the economy stands right now, most regular players cannot generate the amount of adena that said items are selling for currently.

So, your feeding the “Farmers” the P2W items that allow them to pay for their bots by gearing them up. Which in turn enables their DD’s groups to basically solo those raid boss and hold castles to set the tax rate at 30%.

Again, all NCsoft has do is have GMs log in and do random sweeps across each server and annihilate all those bots. It is very easy to tell the difference between AFK macros and bots.

And lastly, they could do like they do or did on live and sell 30-day Epic Jewel packs and kill the “Farmers” ability to make profits on epic jewels. I personally would not mind supporting the game that way.

I agree on mostly of what u say . The problem is they open this forum post for <help the server> and this is big hypocrity , if they want help the server grow up they can do it by many ways . Like i say make tax rates from 30%  to 0 for example . But my opinion is they care for how they be make they RMT biger by farm more and more . Atm all items what they farm stuck on they WH because people cannot buy it .

while i agree with alot of your points, i do think the drop and adena rate is crap, singling out your enemy and moaning over that fact they have items you dont, makes your look bitter and very jealous, just keep to the facts and server issues, they will always make a better point.

the raid bosses, are meant to be hard, your meant to have 100+ at once fighting them, hell with full epics and ++ s gears we used to have at lest 4-5 groups minimum killing baium and he wa easy, tessa was harder but not by much. 

now i do think a gems need to be either made easier to farm or sold in a shop, and ss needs to be reduced in price, i do think a consumable pack (SS,SPS, Spirit ore) given as a daily hunt mission is a good idea, and if you want to hunt after then you buy at the exaggerated ss price.

but i think is thread is showing that thing need to change

Learn to play lowbies, what you expect if you play 1hour per day rest time is afk macro to compete vs someone? There are people who take this game serious and play 20 hours daily, you have no chance to make any competition, so stop crying about taxes, epic prize and rest things. Make 500 people ally like you did before and take back castle from Lotus, you did it before and you put taxes 30% for yourself, what a muppets, learn to play and stop crying kids. Go play candy crush if you cannot handle real players

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Fork5 said:

Learn to play lowbies, what you expect if you play 1hour per day rest time is afk macro to compete vs someone? There are people who take this game serious and play 20 hours daily, you have no chance to make any competition, so stop crying about taxes, epic prize and rest things. Make 500 people ally like you did before and take back castle from Lotus, you did it before and you put taxes 30% for yourself, what a muppets, learn to play and stop crying kids. Go play candy crush if you cannot handle real players

Learn to play is from what the nineties? OLD.

11 minutes ago, Fork5 said:

KEKW is the 1st thing that pops in my head when I read stuff like this. I just sometimes wonder why "real players" like you even bother playing MMORPG like this, in a global server, no lifeing, boting, RMT'ing AND then insult other casual players for "sucking at game"? Just go make your own illegal server where you could just get anything you want instantly and you won't need 20 h/day to think how to farm every RB, what's the most efficient farm spot/party etc. etc. cuz that's what this game is all about right now, right? AFK farm 5 parties, PK anyone in "your spot", maybe go CS for 1h on weekend, run RB's every single day using my teleport spots. EVERY SINGLE DAY... The same useless hustle. For what? There's nothing fun in this game anymore, no adventure at all with all the conveniences implemented like my teleport/autohunt etc. etc. Nobody PvP because you don't know who is a "whale" with 15123454678145425 m. atk. and you're afraid to lose precious exp you have to leave AFK farm for weeks to get back when you're over 80+lvl. This game is just pointless. Seriously, people like you need to get their own server, give yourself anything your heart desires and be done with it.

1 hour ago, Fork5 said:

just joined with 2 posts and trashing ppl for telling the truth.....wonder if its just a 2 neuron kid or some1 from the "company"