In-Game Terrain Exploits

Ishmila

ORIGINAL POST BY HIME https://forums.lineage2.com/topic/17188-in-game-terrain-exploits/

"

Greetings Adventurers,

It has come to our attention that many players have been exploiting inaccessible locations of the game. These locations have been used to create unfair advantages not intended by the game.

We will be adjusting a few game systems to prevent further abuse due to these terrain exploits. Using game exploits is a violation of our Rules of Conduct. Any players found exploiting the game by any means will result in actions taken against their account(s). If you have any inaccessible spots in your My Teleport bookmarks, please remove them.

Thank you for your cooperation.

"

I am curious does that mean ALL locations that you acquire via wyvern is a bannable offense? 

Also does this include castles ? since this is not accessible to anyone on server? 

Edited by Ishmila
  • Like 1

Can you be more clear @Hime @Juji, I want to know if exping on the mobs in EV that can only be reached by wyvern an exploit. Is staying in the teleport room of a castle with blood sword where others cannot reach you to attack you also an exploit?

Edited by FocalPoint
  • Like 1

and how about areas that you can just run too, but have to follow a specific path? there are mountain location which an odd path must be used to gain access. If i am there and other cannot figure out the path why would that be banable? 

If a person can glitch the dim server so they can access an instance for an additional 6 hours, and in consequence disrupt the access to such instances for two weeks time for all lineage2 customers, but yet not be banned, how is being in the prementioned locations bannable?

• Like 1

This game has been around since 2003.  a lot of us have been around for the majority of that time and remember days of actual in game support.  We have seen exploits, reported exploits and often nothing is done.  

A character using an in game mechanic, developed years ago and still in use today, to gain access to a location where everyone has the ability to access should they utilize a very old part of the game instituted years ago as a reward for hard work as a clan and ally, is NOT a bannable offence.  Tactics are a huge part of this game and just because a character is smart enough to realize that there is place, safe from griefers, pkers, and wartags, again, is NOT a bannable offence, as long as it is gained through use of in game mechanics as developed by NCSOFT.  

NCSOFT placed the wyvern function years ago.  My teleport is a fun function added years ago.  Both items developers put in game YEARS AGO.  

This is not right.  Fair game play is what we all seek and this was not unfairly using an exploit.  This was using what is available to all in a smart way.

As mentioned before, please define where we cannot teleport to.  I would hate to jump somewhere and lose all my progress because i did not know i should not be there.

• Like 1

why after multiple weeks of lets say (blue chatters) expoiting these features in games when eula states they must report exploit as soon they find it   not get the punishment  , I will say there are repeat  serial  exploiters doing this on every time they find an exploit rather than report it...    ncoin purchases  make these players exempt? isnt it  time management  follow the rules they make , than make excuses  and  just patch it from being used by rest of server .. tell me how many  were banned permanently from  exploits they didn't report .. I am guessing ZERO or 1 week after multiple chances  and in mean time they made billions/ or multiple levels or what ever the exploit rewards them . and 95% server fall further behind  I am one on many of the l2 community that's had enough  the 2 rule system being  ..   lift you game management  and be transparent.

@Hime @Juji I dont think exploit means what you think it means. Banning someone that plays the game fairly and makes the game more enjoyable to play for others while leaving all the other cheating and toxic players that make others want to quit is asinine.  You should be punishing those that make it necessary to find such hidden places just to be able to play the game without constant harassment.  Maybe you should spend more time fixing the broken aspects of this game (extreme lag, in game harassment, cheats, ect) rather then perpetuating the harassment toward players that haven't done anything knowingly against the rules.

Is it also an exploit to have SA's that are no longer available like Crit Stun, Long blow, Might Mortal, Mental shield?  What about items that are no longer available like Clan oath armor, Transformation skills, ect.  Maybe you should do a better job of managing your game rather then pushing innocent players.

• Like 1

It has come to our attention that many players have been exploiting inaccessible locations of the game. These locations have been used to create unfair advantages not intended by the game. Your statement is false, you gave the L2 Community Players in-game mechanics the means to access said locations. This by definition is not inaccessible location of the game. You've taken the word (Mass Petition) of a few Players with the brain of an Amoeba who CAN NOT think of how to access the locations via game mechanics. You're trying to cover your ass with this message. Secondly, can you please explain and elaborate to the L2 Community players what is considered an exploit of inaccessible locations? I just don't want to get banned walking up the wrong mountain side. Many of us have been playing since 2003 using many years of game mechanics and knowledge base to have an advantage. If that's a bannable offense you better ban half the L2 Community.

• Like 3

Other players can use third party programs and nothing happens to them at all. Wow i have known third party programs been ran 5 years ago because it made the sever lag like know other. So my ban them that are using the third party programs AND now it might help the server. Becuse the lag is really bad for the last 3 weeks or more. One player finds a hunting spot and a my teleport can be saved their that should not be a ban type deal that was smart. 

• Like 1

The players did not create wyvern's,  the players did not decide where mobs are placed. That's the developers choice. As players we play the game. The game lore is based on fantasy and exploration..........................   As player's we explored and found area's that the developers made in the game. So players are now punished for enjoying the game the way the DEVELOPERS marketed it ?!!!   

PSA: do not explore the world of elmore. IT may be your end....

• Like 3

@Juji It has come to you attention that servers lag even more?When you are going to solve the real problems? for the love of god, you have problems since August 2019...hire another tech team...dont you/they feel shame to know you are the worst overseas ncsoft service provider? do you have pride in your work?
Why you dont ban them and thats it? Abuse=ban say it loud and clear....and do it.

+1.... this whole situation is just the most ridiculous thing that i have read in a very long time. 

It really seems like NC realized they made a horrible mistake, and instead of admitting it, they are now just trying to make up 'rules' to cover their ass.

people have been using wyvrens and myteleports for years, and now all of a sudden its a bannable offence?  Get bleeping real.  Most of the people in here spend years pvping on the roof of Parn and countless other similar locations.  If it was ok then, then why is it all of a sudden a problem?

NC gave us all the means to accomplish everything that has happened, but now we're the ones in the wrong for using it?