Live Server Maintenance: Wednesday, March 11, 2020

Hime

• L2 Team

Game servers will be down for maintenance beginning Wednesday, March 10, 2020 at 4 a.m. PDT / 6 a.m. CDT / 7 a.m. EDT / 12 p.m. GMT+1 and will be unavailable for approximately 5 hours.

With this maintenance:

• Standard database maintenance and application restarts will be performed.
  • Lara’s Day Off event will be available for one final week.
  • The Circlets of Power will be in the L2 store for one remaining week.
  • The special server settings event will be available for one last week:
    • XP/SP +100%
    • Vitality 300%
    • No XP Loss Upon Death
  • Latency reducing measures are still temporarily implemented.
  • The following items will be deleted from players' inventories:
    • Freya's Rune (7-day) Box
    • Freya's Fortune Stick
    • Snowman's Fortune Box
    • Freya's Fortune Box
  • The Cursed Swords system will be temporarily disabled for four weeks due to recent exploits and a serious issue with God Jewelry skills.

Other notes:

• The latency issues are persisting despite server hardware upgrades. We are working with the Dev team on a new solution. Compensation will be determined after we have verified the issue has been resolved.

If you have any questions about the changes taking place during this maintenance, please feel free to post them on the forums. We also encourage you to follow @LineageIIOps for maintenance and server status updates.

Consider disabling the ranking system please, cursed swords arent causing the lag alone!! also consider making it 3 account per IP and not 3 account logged per computer! last but not least, PLEASE, install an antibot-antiscript program to our servers to prevent the use of 3rd party programs!!! Listen to ur community for crying out loud!! @Juji@Hime

PS:and actually punish/ban those who tresspass the games rules. and not a 3 day break. 10days ban 1st offence - account ban 2nd offence - IP ban 3rd offense and byebye!!

food for thought!!

Edited by ReaperGG
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, ReaperGG said:

Consider disabling the ranking system please, cursed swords arent causing the lag alone!! also consider making it 3 account per IP and not 3 account logged per computer! last but not least, PLEASE, install an antibot-antiscript program to our servers to prevent the use of 3rd party programs!!! Listen to ur community for crying out loud!! @Juji@Hime

PS:and actually punish/ban those who tresspass the games rules. and not a 3 day break. 10days ban 1st offence - account ban 2nd offence - IP ban 3rd offense and byebye!!

food for thought!!

only disable ranking can solve this lag inssue.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Hime said:

Game servers will be down for maintenance beginning Wednesday, March 10, 2020 at 4 a.m. PDT / 6 a.m. CDT / 7 a.m. EDT / 12 p.m. GMT+1 and will be unavailable for approximately 5 hours.

With this maintenance:

• Standard database maintenance and application restarts will be performed.
  • Lara’s Day Off event will be available for one final week.
  • The Circlets of Power will be in the L2 store for one remaining week.
    • XP/SP +100%
    • Vitality 300%
    • No XP Loss Upon Death
  • Latency reducing measures are still temporarily implemented.
    • Freya's Fortune Stick
    • Snowman's Fortune Box
    • Freya's Fortune Box
  • The Cursed Swords system will be temporarily disabled for four weeks due to recent exploits and a serious issue with God Jewelry skills.

Other notes:

• The latency issues are persisting despite server hardware upgrades. We are working with the Dev team on a new solution. Compensation will be determined after we have verified the issue has been resolved.

If you have any questions about the changes taking place during this maintenance, please feel free to post them on the forums. We also encourage you to follow @LineageIIOps for maintenance and server status updates.

Server still lags and we get dcs 

• Like 1

As of tonight I've logged out because I get DC's multiple times per hour, the lag is so bad I see toons killing a monster by time the lag is done 20 seconds later its killed 2 monster and on the 3rd.  My Fishing toon keeps getting DC's and losing fish and now it appears your staff is banning afk fishing accounts that do nothing but fish?!  We've dealt with crazy lag since Aug 2019 going on 7 months, you didn't ban people exploiting Instance Reset, you have video proof of exploiting swords and porting to places they shouldn't be able to.  But you've banned hero's for no reason just because they were mass ticketed and once they proved they weren't exploiting you gave back their account.  Other hero's call for all server to mass ticket Clan Leaders to get them banned and they are outright happy they are causing bans for no reason, and now your banning peoples afk fishing accounts.  I'm sorry but what type of customer service is going on here?  All the CHEATERS with 10 million summoners still aren't banned and exploiting to get benefits, known instance exploiters aren't banned, and people that shouldn't be banned are banned?  I'm seriously.. CONFUSED..  7 months later and still no fix.. I can't even level anymore cause I can't stay logged in, when I am logged in I have 20-30 seconds lag.  Btw I have 300mb Down 100mb up, and PC is intel i9, 16GB DDR4, and geforce 2080 Ti so its definitely not my PC.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Hime said:
    • Freya's Fortune Stick
    • Snowman's Fortune Box
    • Freya's Fortune Box

You literally sold this item for cash and are now removing it from people without compensation. Whilst you could just open up the sticks what are people who stockpiled the Runes supposed so do. Removing them so you can bait people into buying more packs in a future event isn't even scummy its just outright theft.

Just when I think you cant possibly be more incompetent you go ahead and outdo yourselves. Its quite impressive really.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Hime said:

• Freya's Fortune Stick
    • Snowman's Fortune Box
    • Freya's Fortune Box

I am outraged.
does the person stock these Freya Rune and are you just going to remove it?

make an npc where you can exchange for some item.
Does it mean that we can no longer stock items from events that you will simply steal from us every time? ????/

.welll Only Freya's rune (7days)

You didn’t say anything about the 30 days.....

9 hours ago, Hime said:

With this maintenance:

•  
    • XP/SP +100%
    • Vitality 300%
    • No XP Loss Upon Death

Other notes:

Extend the server settings for 2 more weeks, because with the amount of lag/dcs that we have we couldn't enjoy these settings

15 hours ago, Hime said:

@Juji @Hime

You are going to remove all the adena and other items gained by the exploit and ban the users? On NAIA they kill their alts in unreachable places (castle throne room, clan hall) and exp with the sword in Timed Zones with PvP disabled. They earning trillions of adena and exp using an exploit.

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, ReaperGG said:

food for thought!!

3 per IP? Lol what about Internet Cafe?

5 hours ago, 2SHAE said:

You literally sold this item for cash and are now removing it from people without compensation. Whilst you could just open up the sticks what are people who stockpiled the Runes supposed so do. Removing them so you can bait people into buying more packs in a future event isn't even scummy its just outright theft.

Just when I think you cant possibly be more incompetent you go ahead and outdo yourselves. Its quite impressive really.

5 hours ago, NPC said:

I am outraged.
does the person stock these Freya Rune and are you just going to remove it?

make an npc where you can exchange for some item.
Does it mean that we can no longer stock items from events that you will simply steal from us every time? ????/

.welll Only Freya's rune (7days)

You didn’t say anything about the 30 days.....

2 hours ago, heavychick said:

Ya, I'm also not to happy to read this as I did stock up on quite a few of the freya runes.  Why doesn't the item say on it "event" or "will be deleted?"  Pretty sure this IS straight out theft.  Every time I turn around it seems me, as the customer, am getting fvcked by this so called game. 

They have announced this since the event launch (5 months back), next time read the event page thoroughly...

https://www.lineage2.com/news/freyas-fortune-stick-2019

Edited by Agriojohn
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, Agriojohn said:

They have announced this since the event launch (5 months back), next time read the event page thoroughly...

https://www.lineage2.com/news/freyas-fortune-stick-2019

I'm sorry Mr Knowitall, I wasn't playing the game 5 months ago and I should not have to back and read events outside of game to know whats going on in game.  So now what?  You're so quick to try and insult with your puny mind you can't stop and thing rationally.  For all I could of known those were drops from the Freya raid!

• Like 1

Flying a wyvern to get to a location you can not run to. (Been able to do since 2005) = Insta permaban

Using an in game item that came out in October 2019 to affect the largest adena reward in game. = "We are removing blood swords for everyone for 4 weeks"

There is some deffinate favoritism going on here or people are lining the pockets of official GMS on the side. (cough class cough action)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, kouto10 said:

Did I understand 5 hours of maintenance?

Yes. Because Naia, Chronos, Gludio, Aden, Talking Island and Giran are all run of the same login server, game server, item server, character server and npc server. So if one server has to be merged/changed all have to stay down for the whole duration. That's why Naia/Chronos lags so terrible, because to many servers dipping into same hardware. EU servers all have their own hardware/virtual instance for each server. L2Classic doesn't run on same server as Awakening (Core) and Essence also doesn't affect any of the others.

But NCWest logic for running all on 2 different servers on same hardware with same login server.

12 hours ago, ReaperGG said:

food for thought!!

I agree with the ranking system being disables but the 3 account thing is a little much. There used to be many more players/servers they should be able to handle the amount of accounts. I personally want  5 per computer. The issues started with the ranking system that no one  cares about and it really doesn't benefit regular players in any way.

• Thanks 1