Don't Fish anymore

So one of my friends know for a while just got one of their accounts banned that has been afk fishing for 3 hours per day now.  So instead of banning the 10 million summoners in Aden/Blazing Swamp that are bots they are now banning AFK fishing toons for no reason and respond "No further action will be taking or responses given"  Whats funny is they are banning multiple people's afk fishing toons.  Better not AFK fish anymore NCShaft going to swing that hammer at you!  Swinging that hammer at AFK Fishers.. man that is a whole new low..

Edited by KillerFrost
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

wow that's something new! ban for fishing while they made fishing auto. I know two other mmo games that are having fishing and it's auto for that reasson, for players let their chars afk and it's totally acceptable by the rules. If they don't want people being afk while fishing then they have to make fishing manual again as it was for all these years.

the part most ppl left out is with how many chars they are fishing / macro farming aka more then 3 per PC and that's the real issue..

due to the severe server performance issues which are mainly tied to the amount of accounts logged in NC is starting to enforce that restriction so where ppl has been thinking hey it's ok to use VM / different windows Accounts on same PC to bypass the restriction they are nowadays flagged as cheaters and get auto perma ban

ofc there's still the unbalance that some cheaters are smarter in how they bypass that restriction then others but yeah eventually that will end as well cause this is hurting the profit margins for NC and Korea doesn't like that ;)

@Draecke I actually asked about the use of both those things you mentioned a few days ago (among other things) in a ticket.
Asked the question very clearly and this was what was answered about the use of a virtual machine / windows account:

It is not against the User Agreement to multibox the Lineage II game client. However, it is not something we officially support either, so any issues that arise from multiboxing the client, our Technical Support Team won't be able to assist with. The only concern with multiboxing is if third party software was used or any of the normal playing behavior is automated (Bot). This is a violation of the User Agreement and can lead to the account being closed.

Edited to add:
Obviously there is always the chance the person replying this did not understand the entire thing but i kept it as simple as asking:
"Is it allowed to use a virtual machine/windows account to have more then 3 characters on a single computer"

Edited by Anything

8 hours ago, IDummy said:

@dreake

meanwhile know cheaters and exploiters get their accounts back..

But heavens no, dont out smart the system within game policies.. 

double standard credit warrior bullpuckery.

This is nothing new really.

Remember the 3 5 7 day bans for all the cheaters back in the day.Conguero even warned them to stop use beforehand ....

Whats funny is all the people that abusing the swords/instance passes didn't even get a ban.  Botters now days are getting 3 day bans as warning.  But yet back in C5 I botted on my accounts and I got PERMA bans but there is almost no such thing as perma bans now.  The same people keep exploiting the system, cheating, and are here day in/day out but yet back in day when 100m was a lot I was banned with billions of adena in gear because I got perm banned. How is that fair they don't do that for cheaters anymore?  I had to start over and lost everything but yet no one else has too?  I know for a fact my friend doesn't use cheats or hacks.  If your afk fishing what cheats would you need to use its AFK FISHING for christ sake seriously.  NCSoft bans people not doing anything wrong while keeps all the high level, high geared cheaters in game.

Mate, I don't really know your cases, but your case is so simple, you were banned while fishing. This is only you say so. What is the case behind? did you do something wrong? If you are a victim of other people's action, find out that. But NCWest is official server. They didn't do that kind of action without strong reasons. 

Example, 2 years ago, My friend couldn't logged in to server while NCWest implemented AI based game protection system. He did try to log in with automatic log in system. as soon as he tired, his account was banned forever. A whole clan tried to summit tickets for him. but unrecoverable. because it is serious case.

Like now, adena selling/buying/scamming bots (real bots) are sending mailing and PM to everyone who pass near them by using network packet tracing techniques, if solution is found, they will get permanent ban. So your case should be serious things like this.

So, you just present only the fishing. we can know nothing about your case without you speak out. and NCWest will not announce the reason of banning for you publicly. Only you know why. It is sure you violate the serious rule of game beside fishing. If you believe you are victim of other people's action, try to solve. But I don't think so. 

So, just stop complaining for your sins and spreading hates.

Edited by Thenlwn

To most of the people, thank you for not reading and showing that you have no clue.. what your talking about.  As I stated it was a friend, not me so telling me that "You got banned you broke the rules".. Nope not me thats

#1 shows your to lame to even read the original post and just come on here to crap talk for no reason.

#2 No bots were using in afk fishing only thing she can think of is on that laptop she used Meeting software as she works from home and it captures keyboard/mouse which NCSoft considers that possible botting software.  Even though its not and its a professional product her company uses.

#3  It sucks that people using work software on a work pc they use for L2 also have the risk of getting banned and NCSoft won't do research to see if its really a bot or not.  But obviously with the 1mil+ summoners botting everywhere its not like they care.. But they banned 2 of her afk fishers.. All they did was AFK fish.  Who in their right mind would bot.. on a account.. that ONLY FISHES what would you need to bot? LOL

Actually you are crying like a kid. My works softwares are worse than the software that you Mentioned. I am needing to use a lot of web analysis and network debugging. Screen shotting and keyboard logging is nothing. I can know how L2 is working via that with few efforts.

You are just spreading hates to hide your friend's fault and pointing out others fault and crying like why only me. Isn't that possible hackers trying to use your friend's IP? that's why I said if you think you are victim you find out. But if you don't know how to, you Are a ceo of online game business, how will you solve this problem. If you can find, you can also have clue to your friend's case.

As I said. finding solution for generalised problem is hard. only you know is fishing. Nothing more. Explaining to the people who don't know the possibilities and reasoning is very hard and waste of time.

Edited by Thenlwn

On 2020. 03. 11. at 4:28 AM, KillerFrost said:

So one of my friends know for a while just got one of their accounts banned that has been afk fishing for 3 hours per day now.  So instead of banning the 10 million summoners in Aden/Blazing Swamp that are bots they are now banning AFK fishing toons for no reason and respond "No further action will be taking or responses given"  Whats funny is they are banning multiple people's afk fishing toons.  Better not AFK fish anymore NCShaft going to swing that hammer at you!  Swinging that hammer at AFK Fishers.. man that is a whole new low..

i dont know you are genius or just fooled, let me explain. 3 reason i can come up with your post
1. you try to lower fishing player with a lie fact, to elcyum powder price go up
2. your friend have your items, and want to keep it, so he/she lie to you for keep it
3. he lie cause who fishing only for 3 hour a day? he/she can stay online all day long without problem, so why just 3 hour? because exp with other toons on that account with third program. i vote 3rd

Well I guess I'll post this again since the CM decided to remove my post and give me a warning even though nothing in my post was violating any of their Code of Conduct.  So before they remove this post again I suggest you read your own rules before citing them to me. The only thing this falls under is The Small Print at the bottom: NCSOFT reserves the right to suspend your access to these forums at any time for reasons that include, but are not limited to, your failure to abide by this Code of Conduct. (Which basically allows you to flex your  or powers whenever it's convenient for you.

1st. To the OP. Yes it happens. It happened to me about 3 weeks ago now. My Clan leader alt afk fishing for 3 months was banned, lost a level 7 or 8 clan full of things, and a fancy fishing rod. 3 months of doing nothing but fishing and banned. Tried to email but to no avail. Got the go pound sand response. If you get banned, just leave. I promise the income that NCsoft is loosing from these "False Positives" is worse than you going outside and getting some sun, or moving to either Core or a less than official but far more fun version. 

On 3/11/2020 at 12:45 PM, Draecke said:

the part most ppl left out is with how many chars they are fishing / macro farming aka more then 3 per PC and that's the real issue..

due to the severe server performance issues which are mainly tied to the amount of accounts logged in NC is starting to enforce that restriction so where ppl has been thinking hey it's ok to use VM / different windows Accounts on same PC to bypass the restriction they are nowadays flagged as cheaters and get auto perma ban

ofc there's still the unbalance that some cheaters are smarter in how they bypass that restriction then others but yeah eventually that will end as well cause this is hurting the profit margins for NC and Korea doesn't like that ;)

2nd. to Draecke, I actually spoke with you about this in Discord, just so you know who I am. And I fully admit to bypassing the account limit of 3, but not using 3rd party software. I used windows 7. Which has a built in bypass. I consider this no more of an offence even given the recent shit for server performance than those people using terrain exploits to xp without worry of PK or pvp. Seeing as how I don't spend as much money as FS,MS,Nova my emails are automatically routed to ZenDesks trash pile.

Edited by ShrodingersCat