PLEASE Ban the Adena Sellers Spam!!

Sharlanna

On 3/12/2020 at 11:01 AM, Anything said:

Better solution would be more control over who can PM.

Under Game Play put:

Reject Private Messages
General, Clan Member, Ally Member, Friend
and a dropdown for Any level below: Allow all levels, 85,105,110

The problem there is people who you don't know whisper to you as well. People with legitimate questions, or if you're in the market, transactional offers. If you have to access your Options window every time, you'll eventually just default to receive all private messages. 

Also, the levels thing is moot. You can level to 105 in a matter of hours. If you happen to be a big adena selling company, you probably already have a number of characters that are much higher level than that, because it's only at the higher levels that the adena drop amount makes it worthwhile to farm.

I admit I am surprised by this, because since returning a month ago, I've felt like the amount of Adena spam has almost disappeared. I see up to two messages a day, generally. After the F2P transition, the spam was unbearable. 

Honestly, the Hero chat is 100x more annoying than Adena sellers, to me. Luckily there are only a handful of people you need to add to the block list before that clears up.

• Like 1

On 14-3-2020 at 4:39 AM, BigBadThumper said:

The problem there is people who you don't know whisper to you as well. People with legitimate questions, or if you're in the market, transactional offers. If you have to access your Options window every time, you'll eventually just default to receive all private messages. 

Also, the levels thing is moot. You can level to 105 in a matter of hours. If you happen to be a big adena selling company, you probably already have a number of characters that are much higher level than that, because it's only at the higher levels that the adena drop amount makes it worthwhile to farm.

Having any options is better then having no options whatsoever and endure having to block 8x adena sell spam every day...
This is yet another annoyance we, the players, suffer from due to the lack of any meaningful actions from ncsoft.

12 hours ago, Anything said:

Having any options is better then having no options whatsoever and endure having to block 8x adena sell spam every day...
This is yet another annoyance we, the players, suffer from due to the lack of any meaningful actions from ncsoft.

I'm just saying that if they're going to do anything, make them the best, well-conceived options. The problem isn't that NCSoft does do anything, the problem is that they'd rather plant a field of land mines to address a gopher problem. Pretty soon you won't be able to talk to anyone outside of trusted/confirmed friends at the rate we're going.

I leave clan chat up and come back 10 minutes later only to have to scroll far up the screen, missing some of the chat, because the powers that be feel it's more important for me to see heroes cussing each other out and adena seller spam (I allow pm's in clan chat).

I'd prefer to have the option to NOT have hero chat clutter up my clan/ally chat and perhaps an option to only see pm's from friends, allies or people on my contact list while in clan chat.

What happened to the hero tab where I could just flip on over if I felt the need to catch up on what they're saying?